LOC Precision Order?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

n3tjm

Papa Elf
Reaction score
Yesterday I placed an order on LOC Precision's website, but I have yet received an e-mail notification confirming the order. I know my card got charged, so I know the order went through. Anyone who has ordered from LOC Precision have experience with them know if this is normal for them or should I be worried? I know its only one day, but I would think I would receive something in my e-mail especially when my card is charged

The email is automated so you not getting it is very odd and its either in some spam filter or their system is broken.

Go on their site and check your order in your account. Thry have all my orders for the last few years listed in my account.

I did check my spam folders, and I am not sure if there is way to check if I got the e-mail address correct, especially when my browser autofill's for me. Maybe I should check to see if I accidently selected my wifes e-mail address.

Yesterday I placed an order on LOC Precision's website, but I have yet received an e-mail notification confirming the order. I know my card got charged, so I know the order went through. Anyone who has ordered from LOC Precision have experience with them know if this is normal for them or should I be worried? I know its only one day, but I would think I would receive something in my e-mail especially when my card is charged

Hi Papa,
Your name or any other identifier in your post would most certainly help..
If someone that could help you saw this they'd need to know who placed the order..

Teddy

Absolutely don't worry!

LOC is a great company and they are normally very quick. however as I understand it, they are in the middle of redoing a bunch of production runs, so they may be a little delayed.

I just had several orders that I placed three weeks agon, show movement, and should reciev the today.

Again, no need to worry!

I got a e-bay and a replacement tube coupler for the 7.6" Patriot I got for Christmas. I also ordered some rail buttons for the PML Amraam and Io I am itching to build.

You may not be able to use the buttons if you use the piston setup. I'm not sure the piston would be able to pass it even if the upper button had the backing plate (which LOC's buttons don't come with btw)

Already thought about that. The piston will not be an issue. True, the piston will not pass the rail button. But there is still plenty of room above the button for the piston and recovery system. And keeping the piston and recovery forward will help with CG/CP. The Quantum tube is thick enough I am not worried about a back plate. I'll just thread it into the tube.

I sent them an email about a V2 kit I received that was missing some parts and never got any response so guessing email is not being monitored

Be careful with Quantum tubing in cold weather. It can be quite brittle if if gets cold enough. And I would absolutely recommend that you use a backing of some kind on your rail buttons. Even QT needs backing of one sort or another. I've seen quite a few rail button screws tear thru body tubes including Quantum tubing. I love QT for its ease of finishing very smoothly, but it has its limitations just like every other form or airframe tubing.

Brad

I have quite a bit of experience with QT and have no plans of flying it in cold enough conditions where that will be an issue. QT is not my preferred material since it shrinks a lot in the cold, and can deform in the hot sun.

Just ordered a 4" Goblin for my Level1. Everything went through fine. Just waiting on USPS.

I order as a guest, and the email alerts come in fine. I didn't make an account, because how many giant rockets am I really going to buy?

Ordered in Quantum tube, so it can share cones and bays with my Loc4 if I'd like. The 1/8'' fins on the Loc4 aren't exactly inspiring. Converted it to dual deploy instead of using it for a L1 attempt. I used the included nuts on the launch lugs. Then put a dab of epoxy over them. I don't plan on launching it in very cold weather. Finished the fin can last night. Should be ready for primer tomorrow.

Waiting for the Loc Iris 4" to get back in stock to try a paper Loc.

Last edited:
Yeah. My LOC order was supposed to arrive today but it is still in limbo at its first distribution point. Same thing with my Apogee order....

Yeah. My LOC order was supposed to arrive today but it is still in limbo at its first distribution point. Same thing with my Apogee order....
What shipping method? I have a UPS package coming from NY that has sat in NY for a week. USPS has been MIA since middle of last week for me too.

Right now it seems like Amazon is the only shipping method that's moving worth a darn, and even that's been a little sketchy.

I have UPS 2 day service that's been in transit for a week and hasn't tracked as moved in 3 days ("It's still tracking, Sir, so no refund for late delivery. Covid Covid Covid"), a USPS overnight document package that will be here tomorrow after 4 days in transit, and a USPS Priority package that's coming from across town (literally 7.25 miles away) that's been in transit for 9 days now.

The Midwest and Northeast have gotten alot of snow lately and most of the shippers are giving "weather delayed" excuses but the airport was closed 1 day and the interstates were clear and dry within the same day as the snow when we got 1/8" of ice followed up with a foot of snow. Moving between cities should not be an issue except for a day or 2 delay. A UPS package shipped from NY on Feb 3 should not sit in NY until Feb 7 due to a weather delay. And I thought the USPS had a saying about "rain or snow or dark of night..." not keeping them from their rounds or something like that.

I placed an order with LOC over the weekend and got a shipment notice yesterday. I can drive from LOC to my house in less than 6 hours. Lets see how USPS does...

I sent them an email about a V2 kit I received that was missing some parts and never got any response so guessing email is not being monitored
I know that LOC was having issues with the "Contact" link on their website.....if you email them yourself at [email protected] the email will go through and you will get a response...

Back