Shout Out to LOC Precision

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BBrown

Phoenix Driver
Reaction score
I’ve been planning a rather unique build for a while and I decided to build it light and use LOC Precision components. I contacted Mike and Dave at LOC and they asked a few questions and gave me options I didn’t know existed.
I quickly ordered the “kit” and in less than a week it was on my porch extremely well packed. Every piece is perfect in length and condition.
If you are considering scratch building some wild idea of yours consider LOC as your supplier. I certainly will head back to these guys when my mind starts drifting again.

Thanks for sharing, I'll be sure to use them when I finally decide on my next build. It's still in my head rattling around.

I've got an upscale of an old Estes Model Rascal I built when I was a kid. It would be a 4 inch, I've got a nosecone already. I've also recently inherited a bunch of parts from my Father that he had sitting for awhile that he doesn't think he will get to. Mostly built stuff, but there is a 7.5 inch nosecone, 4 foot long 7.5 inch body tube. and a bunch of centering rings to 7.5in to 54mm motor tube. I guess I would mostly need fins and I'd be set. Just not sure what to build yet. I've got Aerotech 38mm hardware, but no 54mm hardware. I guess a rascal would be more economic for me but itching to build something big. I was considering just getting 30 inch long 7.5 tube, some rings and some warlock fins.

I had an Apogee order for 4" stiify couplers, tubes and such, but the shipping came out to $155! :eek: I tried reducing the order, but shipping still ended up at $77.

I then Googled the stiifies and ended up on the LOC site where they had the items I needed and the shipping was only $21. Plus I got everything in a few (2?) days!

I find LOC kits to be the best price/performance ratio. If you're willing to spend 2x the cost of a similar sized Estes kit, you'll find the LOC kit to be 4x the quality. Just finished up a 4" diameter T-LOC, and I'm just loving how it came out. Cannot wait to fly this bird.

I pretty much use all LOC stuff to build scratch designs for cardboard, and lately, that has been 5.5" diameter.

They have what I need, and I can't complain about part availability.

I have only bought 1 HPR kit so far and it was from LOC. There was a hand written note thanking me for the order on the receipt/shipping list in the box. I thought it was a great touch.

Back