All wood parts were glued together with wood glue. The second link is for an L2 project that has oodles of fin area and flew successfully on a J350.
My L1 project had all wood glue on all the critical parts and I have flown the daylights (15+ flights) on that thing. Not a single sign of stress. My L2 project used all wood glue on all of the inside fillets to save weight. I flew a J350 on that to just a tick over 2k. The only time I use epoxy on fins anymore is the external fillets because it is easier to get a nice look. Wood glue is great stuff if used properly.
Why is it when I make a post to see other modelers opinons about a project of mine, people reply to it and turn it into a whole nother topic about some other rocket. It makes me irritated and from now on when I make a post please reply to the original question that is asked.
Thank you. I wish I had a camera to take pics and show the progress of the rocket. Most of the time I use 5 min epoxy and I finish the rocket an a day and let it fully cure for a few days before I begin painting.
I just found your post so your probably done by now. The "IRIS" is my all time favorite rocket by far! I built a 3" using all LOC parts and based my measurements off the LOC/YANK data in "Rocksim" back in 2007.
I used 30min "Devcon" for the whole build with the most of it on the inner tubes. With just very small fillets on the outer airframe. I soaked each end of all the tubes with thin CA and filled the outside spirals with Elmer's "Fill-n-Finish" and primed it with auto primer. It turned out great! And maybe one day I'll put paint on it and the custom decals from "Excelsior Rocketry" I ordered! LOL
In fact I got my Level 2 on this rocket with an AT-J350 at Southern Thunder that year. And it was begging for more motor! Here is a video if your interested...