Issues with RockSim v9 and WinXP SP3 ????

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WillyK

Reaction score
Folks,

Had trouble installing the latest RockSim update from the Apogee download process. Apogee kindly supplied me a file with version 9.0.8f84 and all installed fine on my work laptop system (Win XP Pro SP2). That was a couple of days ago.

However, they rolled out SP3 for XP. Now RockSim does not work, won't even open or it appears to attempt to start but then shuts down with a standard Microsoft pop-up window that says...

"Apogee Components RockSim has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

And it asks if you wish to send the error report to Microsoft.

I've asked the good folks at Apogee is anyone else is reporting a problem, but haven't heard back yet. Anyone else have an issue?

The "EngEdt" program (looks like 9.0.0b96 was installed) appears to be fine.

Thanks.

... Bill

Sounds like you need a Mac. I used to hate getting bit by Microsoft--but no more!

The auto-installer is broken (still). When you see an update, download the full program (not the patches). Go to the RS9 folder in program files, find the file, and install it from there.

Do as rstaff3 says.

I had the same problem but it would not auto install the updates only or the full file. Launching the install from the RockSim program folder solved that problem.

The streamer descent rate calculator in the lates version is very cool (what I needed the latest fix version for).

Back