Rocksim 8 Help function crashes in Vista

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caheaton

Reaction score
Hello,
I've been using the Rocksim 8 demo (with latest updates installed) and just discovered that every time I attempt to access help assistant.exe crashes.
The operating system is Vista for Business. The rest of the program seems to work fine. I also gave assistant.exe run as administrator rights and also put it into Windows XP compatability mode, but the crashes persist. There is no mention of this problem on Apogee's web site.

Has anybody else experienced this issue?
Craig

Get shot of Vista! Go back to XP SP3 you'll have a faster system, safer, more responsive, more productive and crash free! Honestly it's the best move you can make. Vista is a joke and screws with everything and anything!

I've had it crash on me a couple of times, but never with the assistant. But then again, I never really use the assistant at all. When it crashed on me, I was doing weird things with the mouse. I think one time, I tried to drag something with the mouse that couldn't be dragged and then that caused a crash.

I don't think any Windows operating system can or ever will be crash free ;)

Never had XP die on me, only when i've OC'd to 6+ Ghz and maxed everything and my OS install has become rapped and needs reinstalling has XP for me been an epic fail!

Back