Huge Sale

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you saying its not Countdown's fault that he didn't pay for kits?

im saying its not my issue, or yours, or anyone elses besides squirrel works, you nor I know the story in its entirety, but it's nice to jump to conclusions. lets drop it, this argument is going nowhere and its making both of us look foolish. my main message is that this is squirrel works problem, leave the judgment until after its fully resolved...

im saying its not my issue, or yours, or anyone elses besides squirrel works, you nor I know the story in its entirety, but it's nice to jump to conclusions. lets drop it, this argument is going nowhere and its making both of us look foolish. my main message is that this is squirrel works problem, leave the judgment until after its fully resolved...

r1 I think the main reason this WHOLE THING was brought up was because of the fact Squirrel Works got screwed and If it was my business, I would pay up fast now because more people are hearing about it and deciding not to buy from Countdown. That is what TRF vendors is for. Pointing out things like fraud (this), robbery (this), and being a jerk (also this)

Ben

I for one am glad this (and the other) thread is here. I was all set to place an order with them during their closing sale but then I saw that other thread and decided to look elsewhere.

r1 I think the main reason this WHOLE THING was brought up was because of the fact Squirrel Works got screwed and If it was my business, I would pay up fast now because more people are hearing about it and deciding not to buy from Countdown. That is what TRF vendors is for. Pointing out things like fraud (this), robbery (this), and being a jerk (also this)

Ben

Im not going to chime in much becuase this has turned in an ugly direction for all the wrong reasons... but just to clear things up...

He has not been waiting for us to send kits back for 9 months... We have not paid him... but its becuase we were not making enough money to pay him... we have now sent what kits we have back to help pay and will also pay the rest as soon as we can...

This was not fraud, nor was it robbery... at the very worst it was me being a "jerk"

Don extended us credit terms, so I would hope that all of you bashing me have made every single credit card payment on time... its the exact same thing...

We hit hard times and struggled... had no money and couldn't pay him... it happens all the time... and it doesn't make me a bad person...

As someone else also pointed out... the entire way this was approached was abnormal and in many ways wrong...

If Don wants us to pay him, why is he trying to prevent us from making money? Call a collection agency if you dont think I will pay you... its really that simple... they will charge me your fee's and it wont cost you a dime.

If I wanted to screw anyone out of money here I would have closed the stores doors months ago and filed for bankruptcy... IM sticking it out to get people like Don their money.

I for one am glad this (and the other) thread is here. I was all set to place an order with them during their closing sale but then I saw that other thread and decided to look elsewhere.

Its ashame... dozens of others placed orders and got good merchandise cheap... and by not ordering you only make it more likely that we wont have the money to pay Don.

He has not been waiting for us to send kits back for 9 months...

Right, I first asked for the kits back when the account became 90 days over due, so I've been waiting for the return only 6 months.

Don extended us credit terms, so I would hope that all of you bashing me have made every single credit card payment on time... its the exact same thing...

And a credit card company gill give you way more crap than I have.

If Don wants us to pay him, why is he trying to prevent us from making money? Call a collection agency if you dont think I will pay you... its really that simple... they will charge me your fee's and it wont cost you a dime.

Not quite right, I'll be charged quite a bit. It's really not worth signing upwith an agency for just one client.

I had no reason to believe I would get anything, my motivation was primarily to let others know there could be problems with your sale. I don't want to see anybody get shafted. As I said, I was about to write it off but you had an attitude about a customer who had problems. Given my experience with you, I had no reason to doubt his story.

You sent me a PM today questioning my motives, so did another forum member. Let's take the money out of it and make this a win-win situation. I make a wager with you:

You make full payment, and that will be a check for the entire invoiced amount, a return of all the kits on that invoice or a partial return with a check to make up the balance. You pay every penny by midnight Dec 31 and I'll donate the entire invoiced amount to the NAR legal fund.

How's that, I'll put my money where my mouth is, now you do the same.

Im not going to chime in much becuase this has turned in an ugly direction for all the wrong reasons... but just to clear things up...

He has not been waiting for us to send kits back for 9 months... We have not paid him... but its becuase we were not making enough money to pay him... we have now sent what kits we have back to help pay and will also pay the rest as soon as we can...

I never put a time limit on it. I called it fraud which is what it is(don't deny it, it is).

Ben

Just ordered a Tardi...er.... Police Call Box, Mega Baron and Interstellar Probe.

Just doing my part to support a good vendor (that, and I've wanted to build those for quite some time)

-Aaron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back