Huge Sale

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bruce you really need to pick up the phone or at least return your messages. You have (or had) several items I was interested in. I wanted to inquire about a straight inventory buy out...oh well.

why you think I would stiff you is beyond me... I would just flat out ignore you if that was my intention.

Simply put, because that's what you've done since December. You haven't answered a single email, answered a single voice message, and you've refused to answer the phone.

In 9 months, you could have made some attempt to do something but you didn't.

Posting about this problem on this forum wasn't the way I wanted to handle this, but there were no other options. Actions speak louder than words. Maybe it's time you actually followed through on something.

I really didn't want to take this public and I was just about ready to write it all off. Then you came here with the attitude that you haven't ever ripped anybody off. The hypocrisy of it just galled me and I had to say something.

Well I was very Leary of placing a order but I did make a online purchase from Bruce and I'm happy to report I received it today (Saturday no less) from Fed-Ex home delivery. $120.00 for all 3 hobby case's was to good of a deal to pass up for me after I got word that Mr Squirrels stuff had been returned.
Can't speak for anyone else but myself but I'm happy with my purchase and would make another from Countdown hobbies.

I was under the impression that SecretSquirrel is still waiting on his stuff or his money... are you sure about that?

Considering I`m an old customer of Discount Hobbies and no one could be that bad, I`m willling to have some faith with Bruce and give him a try. I placed a $100.00 order for some reloadable Aerotech "D" motors this past weekend. I guess I`m just a sucker for motors that are on sale and I got free shipping as well.

I`ll be glad to let eveyone know what happens.

I do know that so far I haven`t received a confirmation email of the order or a tracking number indicating the order had been shipped but that isn`t completely unusual for some companies and I don`t see that as a problem at this point.

Andrew Grippo

Strange you didn't get any order confirmation e-mails Andrew...I got 2 of them within a few hours after I placed my order on the 23rd for a 24mm and 29mm RMS

Nice to see us all rallying behind a long time member of the forum who will be a valuable contributor to the industry long after others are gone... Good luck Don.

Considering I`m an old customer of Discount Hobbies and no one could be that bad, I`m willling to have some faith with Bruce and give him a try. I placed a $100.00 order for some reloadable Aerotech "D" motors this past weekend. I guess I`m just a sucker for motors that are on sale and I got free shipping as well.

I`ll be glad to let eveyone know what happens.

I do know that so far I haven`t received a confirmation email of the order or a tracking number indicating the order had been shipped but that isn`t completely unusual for some companies and I don`t see that as a problem at this point.

Andrew Grippo

You were sent one update just to say the order was now processing, it would have been from [email protected] make sure its not in a junk folder.

Everyone that placed an order over the weekend should have gotten an update and Im actually packing up most of those orders right now.

You`re right, I did get a confirmation email. It`s dated for the same day I placed the order.

Andrew

Nice to see us all rallying behind a long time member of the forum who will be a valuable contributor to the industry long after others are gone... Good luck Don.

Thanks Scott.

I've gotten several emails in support, more than I really expected. As for those that have made purchaces during the sale, it seems they may actually be getting their stuff. I hope the trend continues, maybe Bruce has learned a lesson.

And who knows, I may eventually get something. I guess I'll just have to wait and see. I knew early on I wasn't the only supplier in this boat, but it now seems there's more on board than I thought. Maybe the other vendors will get something as well.

I was under the impression that SecretSquirrel is still waiting on his stuff or his money... are you sure about that?

Man I hope so, I sent Bruce a very direct PM that If I didn't receive my stuff that I would immediately drive over in person and take care of business. I took him for his word that he would send back Mr. Squirrels goods.
** Question to Secret Squirrel**
Do you have tracking #'s yet for your merchandise? If not I would be more than happy to drive to Count Down, pick up any of your property and personally ship it back to you at MY EXPENSE. I think nothing of driving 800 miles in 1 day so just let me know. If you sell direct I think I will order a couple of your kits for myself.

** Question to Secret Squirrel**
Do you have tracking #'s yet for your merchandise?

No, I'm afraid I don't. I'm under the impression that as of yesterday nothing had yet been sent.

If not I would be more than happy to drive to Count Down, pick up any of your property and personally ship it back to you at MY EXPENSE. I think nothing of driving 800 miles in 1 day so just let me know.

That's a very generous offer, and I do appreciate it, but I wouldn't want anyone getting caught in the middle. Bruce should be the one handeling this and we'll just have to see if he does.

If you sell direct I think I will order a couple of your kits for myself.

Sure we do, and just $5 per order flat rate shipping. Just go here:
https://www.squirrel-works.com/

Ok I just ordered 3 kits from Squirrel works direct and I encourage others to do the same!
I hope you ship UPS,, if you ship USPS ship to my billing address!

Ok I just ordered 3 kits from Squirrel works direct and I encourage others to do the same!
I hope you ship UPS,, if you ship USPS ship to my billing address!

Thanks for the order.

Normally we ship USPS, but since only one address is listed I guess I'll go to UPS tomorrow.

Man I hope so, I sent Bruce a very direct PM that If I didn't receive my stuff that I would immediately drive over in person and take care of business.

To me that sounds like a thinly veiled threat of violence. Is that the case or am I misreading this?

I would say the man planned to make sure he was able to take delivery of the items he ordered.

It could have meant that he would go to the store with his shoppng cart reciept in hand and request the merchandise in person. Maybe if that failed he would file a complaint of fraud to the local authorities while there.

To me that sounds like a thinly veiled threat of violence. Is that the case or am I misreading this?

Not at all, I just volunteered to drive over box up the stuff myself and pay for shipping back to Mr. Squirrel. It's been my experience that most people are easier to deal with face to face.
I have zero tolerance for violence myself. ;)

Concerning my own purchased merchandise I just would have demanded a refund on the spot. :)
With my earlier post I was most satisfied with my purchase and would make another from my past experience. If Bruce is having a cash or time problem I will still volunteer my time and cash to pay for shipping & handling of Mr. Squirrels products back to him. Give me the word and it's done.

Ordered some stuff the other day and no problem. Shipped fast and everything as it was supposed to be.

Doug

Another week has gone by and I still have nothing from Countdown Hobbies.

Bruce, maybe you can answer some questions:

Have the kits been shipped back to me as of today? If not, why not?
If the kits have been shipped, please provide a tracking number, ship date and carrier.
If the kits were shipped, was the whole order retuned? If not, was a check included to make up the difference?
If no kits have been returned, has a check for the entire original amount been sent?
If nothing, or only part of the original order has been sent, exactly when will you make payment?

Don,
He is not going to send you anything. He will act like he will and say anything so that those on this forum will not think that he is a complete jerk and buy from him or give him a chance.

Bruce,
Come on admit it, I'm right. You have no intentions of following thru. Stop pretending.

I didn't even see where the sale prices were super spectacular. Yeah, they are good, but certainly not over the top, Crazy Eddie, blow out stuff. I think it's unfortunate Don hasn't gotten his stuff back. I'm not taking chances with this vendor. There are plenty of other vendors that consistently get good feedback, to risk my dollars with this one. Good luck Don, sounds like you'll need it.

I've attempted to stay out of the fray to this point . . .

Personally I always had a lot of good experiences with Countdown Hobbies, under Bruce's managment.

Having said that, this situation with Don is completely inexcuseable and should have been the first order of business - prior to any sale to the public!!!

I take it Bruce hasn't responded yet to Squirrel.

Come on Bruce, either pay up or send back the merchandise. Honestly, how hard is it to box up some kits and put them in the mail???:rolleyes:

I'd say that if anything good came of this situation, it has increased Don's sales quite a bit.

BTW Don, just ordered a Police Box, can't wait to build it.:D

Don, sympathies to you, a hard working and creative individual who has provided the rocketry community with unique, high quality and interesting kits, for suffering a monetary loss because an ill-ventured business person isn't man enough to keep his word.

The worst part of this is that he is still selling merchandise that he appears to have no intention of paying for.

I believe that is criminal (theft, fraud)?

I for one am appalled at this. Theft is theft and it makes my blood boil.

Secret, perhaps a letter to the Attorney General is in order?

The Post Office could be brought in on this, since I assume that you mailed at least some of the merchandise to him?

These would not cost you a lot of money and might put a little extra pressure on him.

I received my order from Secret Squirrel yesterday and everything was packed outstanding and arrived un-damaged. His kits look very unique (with balsa cones!) and when I get a free day I plan on building at least one of them soon. I'm in the middle of another huge personal project now and don't have time to drive to the E coast but I still volunteer to pay to ship Don's merchandise back to him. What do you need empty box's, money for shipping? let me know.
Is there anyone local that go to the shop and pick-up the Secret Squirrel merchandise for shipping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back