Huge Sale

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of these prices might be OK (or better) but I am not comfortable placing any order with Countdown until they get their $^&@ straight with their other vendors.

SS, I hope you will post a quick confirmation note on here if Bruce comes through?

When Patrick and I were there a week or so ago, there was none of Don's stuff on display. I can't say where it might be, however it was not for sale.

It makes me feel so petty to want the $8 magazine I paid for on site and left laying on the counter.

My initial inclination is that Bruce won't reappear on this site . . . hopefully, the reverse psychology works, and he will for Don's sake.

Man, I was reading through this and I decided to look at Squirell Works for the first time. Thank Bruce if it wasn't for his bad business I wouldn't have noticed your site and be planning to buy and upscale your police box :D :rolleyes:

Secret, perhaps a letter to the Attorney General is in order?

The Post Office could be brought in on this, since I assume that you mailed at least some of the merchandise to him?

Those things don't work quite the way people think. It usually takes several complaints against a company or individual to get official action. Sometimes if the dollar amount is high enough, one or two complaints will start an investigation.

It makes me feel so petty to want the $8 magazine I paid for on site and left laying on the counter.

Hey, you want what you pay for, nothing wrong with that.

My initial inclination is that Bruce won't reappear on this site

My feeling as well.

Thank Bruce if it wasn't for his bad business I wouldn't have noticed your site and be planning to buy and upscale your police box

Well, I'll appreciate the order but I don't think I'll be thanking Bruce. Taking a bath on hundreds of dollars worth of kits in order to sell 1 thirty-five dollar kit isn't the kind of ROI that will keep me in business.

SS, I hope you will post a quick confirmation note on here if Bruce comes through?

At this rate, I wouldn't hold my breath. I'll be surprised if anything comes.

Well, I'll appreciate the order but I don't think I'll be thanking Bruce. Taking a bath on hundreds of dollars worth of kits in order to sell 1 thirty-five dollar kit isn't the kind of ROI that will keep me in business.

I was joking. I hope things get worked out.

Ben

Don't they usually keep the $8.00 magazines BEHIND the counter? Right next to the nekkid rokits?:p

Considering I`m an old customer of Discount Hobbies and no one could be that bad, I`m willling to have some faith with Bruce and give him a try. I placed a $100.00 order for some reloadable Aerotech "D" motors this past weekend. I guess I`m just a sucker for motors that are on sale and I got free shipping as well.

I`ll be glad to let eveyone know what happens.

I do know that so far I haven`t received a confirmation email of the order or a tracking number indicating the order had been shipped but that isn`t completely unusual for some companies and I don`t see that as a problem at this point.

Andrew Grippo
Received notice of shipping last night so the order is on it's way.

Received notice of shipping last night so the order is on it's way.

I too, received the shipping notice last night...Will post when(if?) I receive the order and its condition...

I believe that it has become painfully obvious that Bruce has no intention of paying off his debts to some of the suppliers / manufacturers that he has done business with.

I do not care how much money I could possibly save on merchandise, I cannot in good concience put more money in his pocket, knowing that none of it will go towards paying Squirrel Works and the other folks that he owes money to.

I will add Countdown Hobbies and Bruce to my personal "Black List".

I hearby decree that Don of SquirrelWorks has earned a "Golden Halo" and it only cost him $100 worth of kits.

(sorry, its kinda an inside joke....but also true)

-Aaron

I believe that it has become painfully obvious that Bruce has no intention of paying off his debts to some of the suppliers / manufacturers that he has done business with.

I do not care how much money I could possibly save on merchandise, I cannot in good concience put more money in his pocket, knowing that none of it will go towards paying Squirrel Works and the other folks that he owes money to.

I will add Countdown Hobbies and Bruce to my personal "Black List".

I am sorry but you couldn't be more wrong.

The only reason why I am sitting in the shop still losing $2,400 a month in rent is to try and sell enough off to repay all of our debts...

I already have 2 new great jobs lined up and could leave tomorrow, I dont becuase I am not going to screw anyone over.

Bruce . . . tsk, tsk, tsk!

You offered a customer sale, including Don's kits, and pulled them off your sale only when he asked when/if he was getting paid.

Also, Don's been asking you consistently for responses, tracking numbers, etc. All the meanwhile, you're shipping everyone else's orders out and publically avoiding Don's questions, phone calls, e-mails, etc.

Individuals are forming opinions off of what you've done alone - your lack of actions, lack of responses, and lack of closure on this single issue alone with Squirel Works.

I for one am really quite surprized that anyone from TRF would order anything from Countdown.

I am a sucker for low prices but when I need a radio, I don't go down to the street corner to buy a stolen one.

I for one am really quite surprized that anyone from TRF would order anything from Countdown.

I am a sucker for low prices but when I need a radio, I don't go down to the street corner to buy a stolen one.

im not defending anyone, but firstly, i'd like to say that as someone who has worked in private sector for half a decade, this matter has no business being on these forums, in my mind. and its irresponsible of whomever brought it up in my opinion. someone has had their reputation run through the mud, by people who've never met him, and never bought anything from him or had any type of relationship with him business or otherwise. maybe bruce from countdown is in the wrong, maybe not, who am i to even pass judgement on the scenario, not everything is as clear as it seems, please remember that...stuff like this can get people in a lot of trouble over a misunderstanding.

secondly, from what i can gather, items were shipped to countdown as a business transaction...is there paperwork of any sort?

and third of all

Stealing \Steal"ing\, n.
1. The act of taking feloniously the personal property of
another without his consent and knowledge; theft; larceny.

the items were shipped to countdown under their address (from what i gather). even if bruces intent was to deprive the rightful owner of his property, how would any of us know that? you're judging things based upon what you've seen thus-far online within the past several weeks.

me personally, i've never had an issue ordering from countdown (again, im not defending anyone, please dont take it that way). i've never had the pleasure of ordering from squirrel works, however im sure he's like most every other vendor i've done business with...prompt, courteous, and helpful/knowledgeable.

my last injection here is that if it was ME, i would figure out a way of dealing with this outside of a public forum. i read that this was the only outlet for squirrel works to actually contact bruce from countdown. well that's unfortunate, however, there are debt collection agencies which will assist you in retrieving your funds. (so long as there is documentation showing that you supplied countdown with the goods in question). further than that though, i can't see a reason for this to continue in a public venue.

again, im not taking sides at ALL, im just giving my take on the scenario as a whole. i hope it all works out in the end, to both parties satisfaction. thats all from me.

.is there paperwork of any sort?

Yes there is, but I would have thought Bruce's admission that he hadn't paid would carry some weight.

im not defending anyone, but firstly, i'd like to say that as someone who has worked in private sector for half a decade, this matter has no business being on these forums, in my mind. and its irresponsible of whomever brought it up in my opinion.

I can't count the number of threads I've read on this forum started by someone who didn't get the service they wanted from a vendor. I don't see much difference here.

you're judging things based upon what you've seen thus-far online within the past several weeks.

While I don't tend to disagree with most of your statements, I think this one was directed at me.

I am not judging anything. I made two statments. 1 - I am surprised (and can't spell) and 2 - I don't buy stolen radios.

While I don't tend to disagree with most of your statments, I think this one was directed at me.

I am not judging anything. I made two statments. 1 - I am surprised (and can't spell) and 2 - I don't buy stolen radios.

actually nothing was directed at you or anyone else singularly. except that nobody can conclude that anything has been stolen...simply nobody knows enough about the situation except the two parties involved. thanks.

Yes there is, but I would have thought Bruce's admission that he hadn't paid would carry some weight.

I can't count the number of threads I've read on this forum started by someone who didn't get the service they wanted from a vendor. I don't see much difference here.

there is a difference though. your relationship with countdown is a business relationship. but i digress...i've said what i feel i had to say, and i'll leave it at that. have a nice day, and i sincerely hope you can resolve this matter without any more inconvenience...

Anytime someone buys from a vendor, it's a business transaction. So I think there is some parallel.

Again, if Bruce had bothered to pick up a phone, send back a fax, answer an email or a voice mail, this might have been handled in another way. Like I said earlier, I was just about to write it off, but the "I don't do anything wrong" crap got to me.

Anytime someone buys from a vendor, it's a business transaction. So I think there is some parallel.

Again, if Bruce had bothered to pick up a phone, send back a fax, answer an email or a voice mail, this might have been handled in another way. Like I said earlier, I was just about to write it off, but the "I don't do anything wrong" crap got to me.

of course, i can see your frustration with that...it happens in any business. only thing i can suggest is to be persistent. how does a business run if it doesn't pick the phone up?

I'm having a hard time seeing why anyone should be worried about protecting Countdown's reputation.

A reputation is earned, and it can be lost. You earn it by being honest, on time, and not ripping people off. You lose it very quickly when you stiff someone, and rightly so.

Countdown never paid. He said he sent the kits, and didn't. Thats called a lie. Now, he's finally sent something, after 9 months. That is not something worthy of a good reputation.

I'm having a hard time seeing why anyone should be worried about protecting Countdown's reputation.

A reputation is earned, and it can be lost. You earn it by being honest, on time, and not ripping people off. You lose it very quickly when you stiff someone, and rightly so.

Countdown never paid. He said he sent the kits, and didn't. Thats called a lie. Now, he's finally sent something, after 9 months. That is not something worthy of a good reputation.

if it took him 9 months to send it to you, then you're well suited to raise a "stink" about it, but this had nothing to do with you. it'd be like me going to the car dealership complaining about how poorly built my NEIGHBORS car is...see what im saying? and i have an equally hard time seeing why anybody would want to tarnish a member of the communities reputation over something that has nothing to do with them...

If said dealer sold your neighbor a junk car, would you be inclined to buy from them?

if the car is junk, is it the dealers fault? or the manufacturers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back