Huge Sale

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Countdown Hobbies

Reaction score
hugesale1.gif

https://www.countdownhobbies.com/store

While we are waiting to find a buyer for the shop we have decided to have a sale to move some inventory out, we need to lower the inventory a bit in order to make the sale move forward quicker. So to pay some bills and such in the meantime it is in our best interest to have a big sale on our rocketry stuff, and that works out great for you guys!

I will try to explain the Sale the best I can in this post/thread but if you have ANY questions about it, please throw them up here and I will try to answer it quickly for you.

Most items are 30% off with some even 50% or MORE off... if an item is less than 30% off let me know, I had to update all of the products and Im sure I missed some. I would be glad to fix it and make it the correct sale price for you.

We wont be taking backorders for this sale, everything is on sale while available and once its out of stock its gone. (obviously the new owner will be re-stocking everything, so I dont mean gone forever, just for this sale)

Here is some screen shots I made up to help show some new things for this sale...

Below is a screen shot of the Estes motors product page, the arrow is pointing to our current stock. This # is updated as items are bought online, but not in our store... it is accurate as of yesterday and we will try to keep it up with what sells in the store the best we can.
stockshow1.gif

Below is a screen shot of a the shopping cart screen, if you have an item that comes up with red text next to it saying it is out of stock... it most likely is. This is not an exact science though so feel free to contact us and make sure.
backordershow1.gif

Well I think that about covers it... if I forgot anything I will add it later...

The link again is
www.countdownhobbies.com/store

As always I am giving TRF the first shot at things... so the link leading to the store from our homepage will be up later today.

Just to add...

On shipping

If an item is marked (hazmat) - it must be shipped with our Hazmat item... so if you have ANY item on your order with that label, please select Hazmat shipping as your option.

If you order any motors or igniters without the (hazmat) label, they can be shipped one of two methods. Either they can go hazmat, or you can select USPS Parcel post.

Some just asked this question so I figured I would share...

You CAN mix Hazmat and non-hazmat motors together with Hazmat shipping...

For example..

You have some estes motors and some Aerotech Hazmat items on your order, they can all be shipped under one Hazmat shipping charge.

...While we are waiting to find a buyer for the shop we have decided to have a sale to move some inventory out,...
As always I am giving TRF the first shot at things... so the link leading to the store from our homepage will be up later today.

Bruce, while you have some very attractive prices posted on your web site, there does seem to be some question as to whether you can deliver what you take money for. Specifically, questions have been raised in this thread:

https://www.rocketryforum.com/showthread.php?t=36361

Can you address those issues, here, or in the other thread? Hope you don't think that's an 'ambush', but without knowing the other side of the story, I, for one, would be very hesitatnt about sending you any money. Thanks!

Bruce, while you have some very attractive prices posted on your web site, there does seem to be some question as to whether you can deliver what you take money for. Specifically, questions have been raised in this thread:

https://www.rocketryforum.com/showthread.php?t=36361

Can you address those issues, here, or in the other thread? Hope you don't think that's an 'ambush', but without knowing the other side of the story, I, for one, would be very hesitatnt about sending you any money. Thanks!

Yes, please.

I thought I pretty much covered it in that thread... I never charged CBQ arms for his kits... I was guilty of not sending them... but not guilty of charging him... I told him to do a chargeback if he thought I ripped him off...

I think there are a few people at least on here that can vouch for me not being a crook... at worst i will be guilty of taking too long... and I dont plan on that being an issue this go around.

Bruce,

I've looked over your sale list and see you have some of our kits on sale. I also remember some conversations I've had with some of your other suppliers.

As you never sent payment for the last order of kits from us and the account is about 9 months past due, I would appreciate their return. Maybe some of the other manufacturers feel the same.

I know there's not much I can do to force you to return or pay for the items in question. However, it may allow you to close the business under less of a cloud if you showed your suppliers, many of whom are small family operations, and the other members of this forum that you are at least trying to do the right thing.

Bruce,

I've looked over your sale list and see you have some of our kits on sale. I also remember some conversations I've had with some of your other suppliers.

As you never sent payment for the last order of kits from us and the account is about 9 months past due, I would appreciate their return. Maybe some of the other manufacturers feel the same.

I know there's not much I can do to force you to return or pay for the items in question. However, it may allow you to close the business under less of a cloud if you showed your suppliers, many of whom are small family operations, and the other members of this forum that you are at least trying to do the right thing.

I will PM you about it....

Not really interested in yet another PM.

Please send payment or return the merchandise.

I did see some things that I would like to order but the fear of being screwed is keeping me from doing it. Who has ordered anything from this place recently and actually received the merchandise is a timely fashion?
I really don't want to support a business that leaves suppliers hanging out to dry. Until I hear that Secret Squirrel is taken care of I will spend my cash someplace else, like he said, his is a small family operation and I'm sure he would like to be paid for merchandise he sent 9 months ago.

I guess getting nothing at 30-50% off is better than getting nothing at full price...

I did see some things that I would like to order but the fear of being screwed is keeping me from doing it. Who has ordered anything from this place recently and actually received the merchandise is a timely fashion?
I really don't want to support a business that leaves suppliers hanging out to dry. Until I hear that Secret Squirrel is taken care of I will spend my cash someplace else, like he said, his is a small family operation and I'm sure he would like to be paid for merchandise he sent 9 months ago.

Their kits are being sent back to them to cover some or all of what we owe them... Im sure they would be glad to post once they receive them for confirmation.

Got the first round of parcel post orders out today, Fed-Ex and Priority mail will be picked up tomorrow...

I added a PML Bull Puppy (2.1") to the online store... It wasnt on there to begin the sale but we do have one in stock.

I will be adding some more bits and pieces as the week goes on, thanks for all of the orders.

Ya got any 3.90/ 98mm LOC body tubes and a TC-3.90 coupler??

Bruce,

Would you ship internationally, to Brazil?

Thanks,

Cesar.

whats the story on electronics? Do you have any left?

Ben

Please post when you update them...

Thanks!

Nice prices on what's left.

I go against the rumor mill and trust a fellow rocketeer

and placed a small order with you.
to bad most stuff gone already

People in the forum are fast on bad stories and so-so on good stuff or even find bad stuff about good events, I've seen to many vendors try to stop the Rumor mill fires and and some say things on the forum that should be done off-line. Tsk tsk

Nice prices on what's left.

I go against the rumor mill and trust a fellow rocketeer

and placed a small order with you.
to bad most stuff gone already

People in the forum are fast on bad stories and so-so on good stuff or even find bad stuff about good events, I've seen to many vendors try to stop the Rumor mill fires and and some say things on the forum that should be done off-line. Tsk tsk

Thanks

Anyone who has placed an order this week has a box on the way, we are totally caught up as of today.

Patrick and I kinda tried to clean the place out today with an on-site visit.

There is still some good choices on reloads and a bit of recovery stuff left.

Bruce -> Did I leave that copy of Launch magazine on the counter? It's not in the car.

A

Patrick and I kinda tried to clean the place out today with an on-site visit.

There is still some good choices on reloads and a bit of recovery stuff left.

Bruce -> Did I leave that copy of Launch magazine on the counter? It's not in the car.

A

Yeah you did, I will mail it.

Well I was very Leary of placing a order but I did make a online purchase from Bruce and I'm happy to report I received it today (Saturday no less) from Fed-Ex home delivery. $120.00 for all 3 hobby case's was to good of a deal to pass up for me after I got word that Mr Squirrels stuff had been returned.
Can't speak for anyone else but myself but I'm happy with my purchase and would make another from Countdown hobbies.

Rocket 221.jpg

Their kits are being sent back to them to cover some or all of what we owe them... Im sure they would be glad to post once they receive them for confirmation.

It's been a week since your post and I've been asked privately several times about the status of this.

So far, I have received nothing back. Also, to the phrase "to cover some or all of what we owe them," I have never stated that partial payment will close the books on this. I still expect full payment, full return or partial payment and partial return so the amount equals the original invoiced amount.

Offline would have been the best way to handle this. As documented in other threads on this forum, Bruce has been unwilling to communicate. In my experience he has refused to answer the phone during stated business hours, return voice mail messages, return emails, return faxes or return notices sent by regular mail.

Bruce has however been timely in answering posts on this message board, so it seems this is the only avenue of communication that works at all. This has been a situation created by Bruce and not by those of us who have experienced problems dealing with him.

This has been going on for nine months now, so I think there has been plenty of time to resolve this.

It's been a week since your post and I've been asked privately several times about the status of this.

So far, I have received nothing back. Also, to the phrase "to cover some or all of what we owe them," I have never stated that partial payment will close the books on this. I still expect full payment, full return or partial payment and partial return so the amount equals the original invoiced amount.

Thats why I said cover some or all... if it only covered some I would still owe you some... why you think I would stiff you is beyond me... I would just flat out ignore you if that was my intention.

I have your box ready to go out this week, I took care of all the orders that came in first last week and got your box ready over the weekend once I took all the kits down and took inventory on them. I will also be sending you a list of what is coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back