Estes Tandem-X launch videos

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GlenP

Reaction score
These are from a while ago, I just got around to posting these videos and wanted to share. The Amazon and Crossfire ISX with an on-board 808 keychain camera attached via slide-on cardstock shroud held in place with some masking tape.

Amazon

Crossfire ISX

DSC_6686.JPGDSC_6687.JPGDSC_6689.JPG

detail of cardstock camera shrouds before painting.

The Tandem-X is a nice two-rocket launch set for a beginner rocketeer. Kind of reminds me of the Centuri Big Shot kit that got me started in the hobby.

Last edited:
I thought about making a balanced shroud for the other side of the rocket to keep the drag and weight symmetric.

I taped one of these on a Wizard, it really spins like crazy on the way up due to the wake of the camera on the fins I think. So the video quality is not that great.

you can see the flight path of the larger dia and length of the Amazon is not impacted so much. For an appropriate sized rocket, I don’t think the shroud really makes much difference compared to just tape, it just makes it easier to mount the camera on the rocket securely and remove it afterwards to put on another rocket.

Back