LiPo batteries for the Estes Pro Series II Launch Controller

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK, just to finish this saga. The screws take the 2mm triangle bit — two on the outside, two under the battery cover.

Here's what the board in my 10-year-old (production date mid Sept, 2013) "daily driver" PSII controller looks like. It has been used for hundreds of flights in that time - almost all powered by a now 17-year-old (!! again) Electrifly 3s 1250 mAh 20C-rated LiPoly pack (pictures of which are in other versions of this thread, I am sure).

Imagining 30A trying to course through this suggests a number of places where things might have gotten hot enough to release some magic smoke under the circumstances @RocketSquirrel reported. I never hold the fire button down for more than ~2s when using mine.

IMG_7296.JPEGIMG_7298.JPEG

Added: Since I was able to find it, here's the battery/installation in this particular controller. The picture was taken in February of 2014, but the arrangement is still the same, including that battery. As you can see, it's a bit less worn-looking nine years ago:

PSII_LiPoly1.jpg

Last edited:
Back