Estes Rockets Sale on Their Website!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, I went back this evening and bought 15 kits for the club to use in the auction we have at every launch. $3 for a $20+ kit is hard to pass up. Many kits are out of stock - maybe for good.

Yes, they restocked the "shelves" again today on almost everything ... unfortunately. When the boxes start arriving it is going to look like the 12 days of Christmas. FIVE D-Region Tomahawks, ..., four Mega Mosquitoes, three Photon Disruptors, two Space Eagles, and a Xarconian Cruuuuiser.

Yes, they restocked the "shelves" again today on almost everything ... unfortunately.

Placed another, and hopefully my last, order. Now to stay away from Estes' website until the first of the year.

I really MUST find a way to resist placing a 3rd order. I don't really need 2 of each kit that interests me...and I REALLY don't need a 4th (or 5th) D-Region!

Cheers,
Michael

Yes, they restocked the "shelves" again today on almost everything ... unfortunately. When the boxes start arriving it is going to look like the 12 days of Christmas. FIVE D-Region Tomahawks, ..., four Mega Mosquitoes, three Photon Disruptors, two Space Eagles, and a Xarconian Cruuuuiser.

I hope your Xarconian Cruiser does not end up in the Pear Tree.

The thing that struck me about the kit selection was that with the exception of the PSII birds and the Gnome, none of the rockets on sale has ever appeared at one of my local Hobby Lobby stores. I think Estes needs to talk the HL people into taking a bigger selection of kits in the future.:cool:

I got a few or more of everything . The .99 on think we got ten , .3 skeeters 30 or so kits in two orders

I dove back in for round 2, picked up 8 rockets for $26.52!! Boy is my build pile getting bigger. The grandkids are going to have lots of fun with these!

It seems that the "free shipping over $25" is actually over $25.99, as I had to get to $26 and change before the free shipping kicked in.

Did anyone else notice that they have some of their "aircraft" on special as well? A couple of balsa prop planes, several RC helicopters and a quad copter. I like the super small quad copter, but it's not on sale :(

The thing that struck me about the kit selection was that with the exception of the PSII birds and the Gnome, none of the rockets on sale has ever appeared at one of my local Hobby Lobby stores. I think Estes needs to talk the HL people into taking a bigger selection of kits in the future.:cool:

I have a sneaking feeling their distribution plans may be being made with another mass market retailer in mind.

From the sale I got 22 kits in two orders I paid $77.45 the list price was 419.20 I saved $346.95 with the sale and points not bad

From the sale I got 22 kits in two orders I paid $77.45 the list price was 419.20 I saved $346.95 with the sale and points not bad

I think that means you now have about $350 more to spend on rockets. And if you hurry up and spend that $350 at the Estes sale, you can probably get $2,000 dollars worth of rockets for that $350, saving $1650, which you can then use to buy more rockets.

I think that means you now have about $350 more to spend on rockets. And if you hurry up and spend that $350 at the Estes sale, you can probably get $2,000 dollars worth of rockets for that $350, saving $1650, which you can then use to buy more rockets.

And that is the kind of math I stand behind!

Like a moth to the flame, like the scorpion on the back of the frog, I can't help myself. The first step is admitting you are an Estes Special Sale junky and the discounted kits are just like crack. Third order just sent so I am going to need some major rehab.

Makes perfect sense to me! :)

Just went back for thirds!

Jerome

I think I may have a rocket addiction! :eyepop:

You ever thought of running for office??

Might be overqualified!

LOL:)

Later! OL JR :)

when are they going to start shipping !
i placed my order 5 days ago,
I'm thinking of going for round two.

I bought a box the first day of the sale, and am hoping to be opening it within the hour, as UPS says it is out for delivery.
TimE

when are they going to start shipping !
i placed my order 5 days ago,
I'm thinking of going for round two.
Hmm... both of my orders have shipped, including the one that I placed on Thursday. Have you checked to see if the shipping notice went to spam?

Hmm... both of my orders have shipped, including the one that I placed on Thursday. Have you checked to see if the shipping notice went to spam?

:facepalm: I probally deleted it :facepalm:

good thing im a memeber and i can see the tracking number :D

Mine arrived. 20 kits for just over $100.... But, three of them have visibly flattened tubes. Is it worth complaining about?
TimE

Mine arrived. 20 kits for just over $100.... But, three of them have visibly flattened tubes. Is it worth complaining about?
TimE

If the motor mount is going to round one end and the nosecone or a coupler the other, I don't worry about it.

I would let them know , you never know may replace the tubes but what 5 x7 said is a good point . I took it as they were flattened out ,or just out of round

Last edited:
TimE

Frankly, I would, if it impacted the durability or stability of the construction.

Let me ask you this: Did you pay them good, legitimate money for a quality product? Did you honor your bill, make your payment, in good faith?

If you mailed them money...cash, and some of the bills were torn or ripped, do you think that they would complain?

Was the sale plainly labled as a defective, scratch and dent, or clearance of rejected kits? If not, then you have every right to expect a quality product.

Was the packaging or shipping materials defective or deficent? If so, then you might have another type of complaint.

I would expect a quality company like Estes would want a quality product out there, and that they wouldn't engage in shady deals or poor product shipping without clearly labeling the sale as such ...

Back