Estes Rockets Sale on Their Website!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I missed out on the big blowout in June because I was broke; I am only a little less broke now but I did ship off an order for 8 kits for $26, plus when our family exchanged stocking stuffer lists this week I threw a bunch of them on there so my guess is I may get a couple copies of a couple kits. Which is OK.

I like to see the bargain prices but I am a bit concerned because it kind of looks like Estes seems to be blowing out most of their "low-to-midrange" builder's kits, shifting even further over to the RTF crappola and as a result we may not see these kits again for a while (or ever). Hopefully if they are in effect washing their hands of this "genre" of kit, Semroc or some other supplier may pick them up.

Apparently the Ventris wasn't enough for me today. I had to go back after the web site was updated and get a Leviathan........and a Long Tom for my nephew.

I like to see the bargain prices but I am a bit concerned because it kind of looks like Estes seems to be blowing out most of their "low-to-midrange" builder's kits, shifting even further over to the RTF crappola and as a result we may not see these kits again for a while (or ever). Hopefully if they are in effect washing their hands of this "genre" of kit, Semroc or some other supplier may pick them up.

https://modelrocketbuilding.blogspot.com/2013/11/new-estes-kits-for-2014.html

So how much do these motor run? Estimated cost? How many per package, and where are they sold?

Like Hobbylinc or any of the other Rocket Motor Suppliers. If they don't ask for Proof of your Certification Level, you can get your Motors. A G-80 cost about $25.00 on average.

They do make Reloadable G Motors that require Level 1, but G-80s are big and fun enough for those of us without it, most of the Time anyway.

I think Hobbylinc has them closer to $18.00.

I think some of the kits is going oop . Got some for the kids ,a few for me and the rest just to keep

The website was/is updated. I spent $35 this morning... at these prices, how can you go wrong!

Awesome! Lots of them back in stock... Placed a second order this morning to get my Leviathon and a couple others!

The website was/is updated. I spent $35 this morning... at these prices, how can you go wrong!

And our kids can drag race at thunder struck. I spent 30 before there re updated everything so no cool ones

I so want to jump on the sale but I have 40+ kits or rocket equivalents worth of parts unbuilt... must pass on it!

Only 40??? You definitely need more in your build pile. Some of us are well over 250 deep on that...

It's just a new pricing strategy. These are actually Estes new regular everyday low prices for rockets in 2014. The new price for motors, however, is going to be $35 per pack of B6-4s.

:wink:

She found out. Now I'm in trouble :bangpan:

Oooooooo... Big trouble.

I pre-cleared my purchase by admitting it was totally ridiculous, but just too good to pass up. Now I better get busy on some shopping for her.

I wonder if she'd like rockets...

:no:

At least you'll have something to build while you're in the dog house.

With prices like these, you can even teach the dog to build one!!

Ok, I decided to take part in the sale :). Got the few kits I really really wanted for a long time. :)
Subtotal
$31.74
Shipping & Handling
$0.00
100 reward points
-$5.00
Grand Total
$26.74
[h=3]001335 - Mega Mosquito™[/h] 001335 $8.49
Ordered: 1
$8.49
[h=3]002425 - Super Neon XL™[/h] 002425 $5.99
$5.99
[h=3]003013 - Flutter-By™[/h] 003013 $2.19
$2.19
[h=3]003216 - Super Alpha™[/h] 003216 $3.69
$3.69
[h=3]003223 - Xarconian Cruiser™[/h] 003223 $5.49
$5.49
[h=3]003219 - Air Commander™[/h]

I picked up 3 of the D-Region Tomahawks (even just for spare parts at that price) and a couple of others to get the total over $25. I'm in the middle of building a D-Region now that I easily modded with a more scale-like AeroPack retainer. It is a very nice kit. I'm thinking of making one dual deploy with a 29mm MMT. Do you think those plastic fins will survive Mach 1.3? I should probably go back and buy a bunch of others as raffle prizes at our launches.

I picked up 3 of the D-Region Tomahawks (even just for spare parts at that price) and a couple of others to get the total over $25. I'm in the middle of building a D-Region now that I easily modded with a more scale-like AeroPack retainer. It is a very nice kit. I'm thinking of making one dual deploy with a 29mm MMT. Do you think those plastic fins will survive Mach 1.3? I should probably go back and buy a bunch of others as raffle prizes at our launches.

Sounds like you are in the quadruple D region.

As a true new BAR, I am still learning the lingo and though I understood what everyone meant by their "build pile", I didn't realize Estes would put so many of their models into OOP mode. In 3-5 shipping days I am going to have my own substantial "build pile" of kits. Love it!

Picked up an Argent, A Photon Probe, and a CC Express for $37. Retail value is $112. Excellent.

The last rocket I built was in 1983...Just ordered 4 today. Never built anything higher than a Level 3 (Attack Craft Orion #1374). So if my Xarconian Cruiser has the engine sticking out of the nose..... please don't laugh.

Latest posts

Back