Estes Rockets Sale on Their Website!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine arrived. 20 kits for just over $100.... But, three of them have visibly flattened tubes. Is it worth complaining about?
TimE
That makes me a bit nervous. My first shipment arrives tomorrow but I'm hoping the tubes aren't squashed. If they are, I'm definitely contacting them for replacement.:rant:

Last edited:
I received an e-mail shipping notice that my order from last week shipped out today (Monday).

My Wednesday order shipped out Thursday. My Thursday order is still pending. I can only imagine how we swamped them with so many of us placing more than one order!

Cheers,
Michael

That makes me a bit nervous. My first shipment arrives tomorrow but I'm hoping the tubes aren't squashed. If they are, I'm definitely contacting them for replacement.:rant:

For the record, I just got my (first) box yesterday. Two D-regions, a Super Neon, Quark, CC Express and Mega Mosquito all in perfect condition for just under $30. I'm happy.

Leviathan should be here today/tomorrow...

I went back to look, and my order was placed in the afternoon of the 12th, last Thursday. I got my notice in the afternoon on Monday the 16th, yesterday. And it said had shipped (past tense) on the 17th, today. So there is some time travel involved.

I'm not surprised at all that they aren't shipping out as fast as usual, given how swamped they must be with the volume. And at these prices and with free shipping, it doesn't bother me one bit. They will be here soon enough.

Yup. Order placed last Thursday shipped yesterday. Still waiting on Friday order. With several going back for seconds, thirds, etc I have no doubt their volume is crazy high! No rush for me though - not like I can build 25 kits in a week.

Well... I got my humble order in yesterday!! 4 rockets for < $50

I will probably have to explain this to the 'comittee' :)

>Leviathan
>Mega Mosquito
>Reflector
>Plasma Probe

We spent just under $100.00 nothing to explan due to getting your father in law to join in . Two against one

I bought a lot of Holiday Gifts. I hope they do not mind rockets. Oh, darn, I guess they can gift them back to me.

My first shipment came in today. Late for UPS, at 7:55 PM, I guess they deliver late during the holidays. Anyway, if you order enough rockets to fill a big box there is no packing material needed? I'm kinda scared to see if the kits on the bottom are squished...

IMG_9498s.jpg

Order arrived!

I plan to build one Tomahawk and one Eliminator. The rest go in storage and forgotten about for a decade or 2, or if we have a son!

image-1479886274.jpg

I bought a Mega Mosquito to give to my boss for Xmas. He's a recent BAR and when I invited him to a launch a couple weeks ago he brought some of his old rockets to launch and had a great time. He commented at how great he thought the MM was and so I decided since I was getting a couple of kits for myself I should throw in a MM kit for him.

Now I'm wondering if I shouldn't tell him about the sale so he can go buy a bunch for himself... or should I let him believe I got him a $40 kit???

My first shipment came in today. Late for UPS, at 7:55 PM, I guess they deliver late during the holidays. Anyway, if you order enough rockets to fill a big box there is no packing material needed?

Generally, yes. There's not much difference in the density of typical packing materials (like paper, foam peanuts, or air pillows) and rocket kits. So, as long as there's nothing like a brick thrown in with the kits, they should be fine. Packing rockets for shipping is an art form. You have to leave enough room that the inevitable squashing of the box won't damage the kits and not so much room that they bounce around and get broken.

Edit: But ... I wouldn't leave them packed in the box if there are a lot of kits laying flat in it. Hanging them or standing them upright is best.

-- Roger

Last edited:
How they are charging $9.99 for shipping? I thought it was free?

Shipping is free IF YOU ASK FOR IT, for purchases that total over $25.00:sad:
At least, that was true during the sale. Now I see the sale banner is down,
replaced by one that says "Free Shipping through the end of the year".
So I guess you may be right!

Last edited:
I bought a Mega Mosquito to give to my boss for Xmas. He's a recent BAR and when I invited him to a launch a couple weeks ago he brought some of his old rockets to launch and had a great time. He commented at how great he thought the MM was and so I decided since I was getting a couple of kits for myself I should throw in a MM kit for him.

Now I'm wondering if I shouldn't tell him about the sale so he can go buy a bunch for himself... or should I let him believe I got him a $40 kit???

If he's savy enough to find the website, or interested in continuing in the hobby, he'll find the sale.
On the other hand, even if he finds out about the sale, it doesn't mean that you didn't pay full rate...

So my first order came in today. And I started going through the kits and thinking of all the other things I could do with them and I started thinking "at these prices, I should really pick up a few more". So I went and placed order #3....:facepalm:

Thankfully the sale ends tonight so I won't do the same thing when order #2 gets here tomorrow...

We really need a support group for these sales...

-Dave

First order arrived in good shape. I may put order #3 in tonight. I was going to wait until Friday. However, if the sale ends tonight....

My first order arrived as well. I had to go back for more. I keep looking at these kits and the low, low prices and I just cannot resist. I think that i have enough LPR to keep me busy for a year (or two or three).

Interesting, I can't find anything on the website that says the sale ends today?

One of the members here who knows about such things tipped us off that the sale ends tonight.

And so, he got me to pry my wallet open for order no.2.... Another $100 bill down the drain!
TimE

All of you are addicts and have issues!!!:lol::lol: You need counseling. I myself considered buying a few of these rockets and giving some as gifts to my friend and keeping one for myself, but on second thought I talked myself out of it because I already have a gift purchased for my friend and I myself don't need anymore rockets regardless of the price. Yes that's called self control. Lets see I have the following still in the package.

MADCOW Kits

• BOMARC
  • JAYHAWK

SHROX

• Snarky
  • Lexxjet

and currently working on the Skonkwulf and SUMO and just finished up a Cheetah from AT

So no I don't need any extra rockets ..oh yeah I have the Q-Modeling Bull Pup that I need to start.

Come on guys step back from the PC and breath slowly and count to 10. You can do it. :wave: Well maybe not all of you :facepalm:.... none of you.

OK give in...I can't help you. :lol::lol:

Back