Estes Rockets Sale on Their Website!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bagged a whole bunch of those $1.99 kits for give-aways at club launches and for our kids-bucket-of-rockets. I picked up one of those pro series Leviathans in the deal. 18 rockets for $75 including the free shipping. Not a bad deal at all.

Wish I had seen this sooner!! So many of them were out of stock already. I had a hard time even getting to the $25 mark to get free shipping. Would have loved a Leviathon at that price!!

I still haven't built a single one from the box I picked up from the last sale. Would have been good to get a few cheap ones for the grand kids though. Doesn't really matter, right now I'm so broke I can't pay attention....

The guy from Estes said there is no shortage of rockets in the warehouse, they just run out on the web site and if you check back in a few hours, out of stock items will be replenished. I'm assuming only during normal business hours here.

The guy from Estes said there is no shortage of rockets in the warehouse, they just run out on the web site and if you check back in a few hours, out of stock items will be replenished. I'm assuming only during normal business hours here.

Thanks for the info! I'll be checking back!

Free freight for orders over $25 , so hopped in .

Most of the kits were gone, but grabbed a Solar Flare .

Had been waiting to order some PS II parts , was able to grab a 2.5" tube for a Jayhawk build and a nose for a possible tailcone .

Also grabbed a 4" PSII nose to size up with existing shipping tubes like LOC and blue tube. Also got a 4" Slotted tube and will use to make daughter a Mega Der Pink Max .

Kenny

They just reloaded a bunch of the OOS kits. And like an idiot, I went back for round 2....:facepalm:

But at least I got a couple of the guys I work with in on it too.

-Dave
(Enabler)

All the PSII kits were on sale and I just bought a leviathan for the wife for $45. Oh well.

Managed to get 15 kits including three of the pro series! Have my building queue set for the next couple of years!

As was said above, all items available again. I saw this post yesterday and figured I would order today, then I saw all the ones I wanted were out of stock and thought DANG, I waited too long BUT at least now I won't have to buy more kits that I already have a few of just because the price was so good.

Of course, I had to check out the forum again and see that they have restocked and now I have another 38 kits. Some of which I now have 4 and 5 of and a couple that I had none of. :facepalm: I figure grandkids are not too far off so they will be great kits for them to build.

...Fudd

Ok, I felt like a shark that for some reason was refusing to partake in the feeding frenzy, and that ain't natural. So even though I already have a pile of unbuilt kits, and I've been buying all kinds of stuff for myself already, and I really should be thinking about what OTHER people want for Chirstmas, I just could not stand it any more, and I jumped in before everything went out of stock again.

D-Region Tomahawk $5.49
Reflector $3.39
Xarconian Cruiser $5.49
Mega Mosquito $8.49
Long Tom $4.09

Subtotal $26.95
Shipping & Handling $0.00
Tax $2.29
100 reward points -$5.00

Grand Total $24.24

Under $25 for 6 rockets (Mega Mosquito includes the mini), and that includes the shipping! I got 100 reward points worth 5 bucks off just for creating my account.

The PSII kits were calling to me, but I stuck with all LPR stuff, because almost all of my unbuilt kits are MPR, and LPR is actually a lot more practical for me to fly in my park.

Also, I'm thinking about doing the NARTREK levels, and I think some of these LPR kits will fit the bill for some of the Bronze and Silver requirements --- two stage (Long Tom), payload (Reflector), cluster (Mega Mosquito modified), scale (D-Region Tomahawk, would that count?), D-powered (D-Region Tomahawk), parachute and streamer duration (maybe the upper stage of Long Tom, or the Reflector?).

The Xarconian Cruiser is not for NARTREK --- it's for planetary defense.

If I don't use them, I can give them away at this price.

I just picked up a bunch, 2 PS II kits and 5 lpr kits. Great deal!

TA

There really are some great deals here and a few very interesting rockets. I am resisting the urge to spend money though, I hate to miss out on a great deal but I hate spending money even more. Besides, I have more than enough kits, parts n pieces and motors to last me for years to come. Still, it's tempting.

Received shipping notice on my kits. Looks like they are on the ball!

Thanks for posting about the sale. 10 @ $44 and the build pile gets bigger.

Estes = Crack Dealer

"I'll give you one Rock(et) today for free, but you gonna buy five Rock(et)s at full price tomorrow."

My Gawd, with all the rocket stuff this place is looking like hoarders....could not resist. Need to stay away from the forums.

Dave

Damn you Estes for restocking:dark:....I went back for seconds....I could not resist :facepalm:

I am so pissed. Last night, I couldn't get the two smaller rockets that I wanted, so I "filled" with two that I could afford but really didn't want.
And then suddenly, poof, Estes restocks the website, and those rockets that I wanted AND HAD IN MY SHOPPING CART aren't really sold out...they just weren't available!
So, NOW they're available, but my order went in last night!

I don't dare go back again...I'm not spending another $25 to get those few rockets that I wanted to try last night...

OK, just to clarify, answer me this:

Anyone (adults and teens) can purchase LPR motors A-B-C, or D-E... correct?

When you get up to level G and mid power, do you need certification to fly, but not to purchase?:confused:
And, as you prepare, you may purchase any rocket, but you need some form of supervision at a club launch to then qualify to purchase and use Mid-power motors, correct?
So just what does Pro Series II designation mean? Is 29 mm a restricted size motor?

If I'm off here, please point out my error and correct me.

I'm thinking of buying ONE mid-power rocket kit in advance at low price, so that when I am ready, and work up to it, I can fly at a supervised club launch site...in the future...

Last edited:
OK, just to clarify, answer me this:

Anyone (adults and teens) can purchase LPR motors A-B-C, or D-E... correct?

When you get up to level G and mid power, do you need certification to fly, but not to purchase?:confused:
And, as you prepare, you may purchase any rocket, but you need some form of supervision at a club launch to then qualify to purchase and use Mid-power motors, correct?
So just what does Pro II designation mean?

If I'm off here, please point out my error and correct me.

I'm thinking of buying ONE mid-power rocket kit in advance at low price, so that when I am ready, and work up to it, I can fly at a supervised club launch site...in the future...

Mid-Power is unregulated up to G-80 Motors. Poke some Holes in the Sky already!!!!

Yeah, there are Weight Limits too, but really, who's gonna' catch you launching a Rocket, and then pull out a Scale to weigh it?

And who cares about Rockets anyway? Here in Vermont Consumer Class Fireworks are legal. If I was flying around in an Ultra-Light, I'de much rather see a "Model Rocket" coming at me than some of the stuff we can buy from Northstar.
Don't need a Waiver for the Fireworks.

Last edited:
Mid-Power is unregulated up to G-80 Motors. Poke some Holes in the Sky already!!!!

Yeah, there are Weight Limits too, but really, who's gonna' catch you launching a Rocket, and then pull out a Scale to weigh it?

And who cares about Rockets anyway? Here in Vermont Consumer Class Fireworks are legal. If I was flying around in an Ultra-Light, I'de much rather see a "Model Rocket" coming at me than some of the stuff we can buy from Northstar.
Don't need a Waiver for the Fireworks.

So how much do these motor run? Estimated cost? How many per package, and where are they sold?

So how much do these motor run? Estimated cost? How many per package, and where are they sold?

Like Hobbylinc or any of the other Rocket Motor Suppliers. If they don't ask for Proof of your Certification Level, you can get your Motors. A G-80 cost about $25.00 on average.

They do make Reloadable G Motors that require Level 1, but G-80s are big and fun enough for those of us without it, most of the Time anyway.

Last edited:
Back