Decals With White

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bguffer

Reaction score
I and other forum member wanted decals with white ink/toner (along with other colors, and black) on transparent background.

Terry Borchers runs a business, STS Scale Model Decals, which can print these type of decals.

Attaching picture of STS Scale Model Decals info and example of decals printed for rocket i'm working on.

If anyone knows of others capable of printing similar decals, please reply.

Far as i know, i MIGHT be able to buy a ghost/white toner cartridge for certain models of printers and possibly i could print these. The ghost/white toner cartridge replaces black cartridge, and unsure if printer could still print black (see Deep Impact logo in attached picture) at same time as white. Those ghost/white toner cartridges supposedly run 330 dollars. (FWIW, someone reported STS Scale Model Decals is not using Alps printer.)

Bob

Attachments

• 477430-8b1ca15368a846bc778a0f70e79ff82d.png
    477430-8b1ca15368a846bc778a0f70e79ff82d.png
    936 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7889.JPG
    IMG_7889.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
+1, he does great work at great pricing
BHjc9SF.jpg

:bravo:

Last edited:
Probably not what you want, but single-color white on clear vinyl can be done with thermal label printers, they’re not cheap, though. This is a repainted Estes Majestic with white on clear decals. Just a fun sport flyer.

4A618F74-4E21-4789-B15C-AC426BE857F1.jpeg

Last edited:
I have been attempting to print both water slide and adhesive decals for the last month. The decals come out semi-transparent even using the highest resolution setting on glossy photo paper which is what I think should give me opaque decals. I am using both an Epson ET-8550 and a Brother MFC-J5855DW color inkjet printers.
Does anyone else have this problem? Does anyone have suggestions on settings that may improve the printed decals?
Thanks in advance!

I have been attempting to print both water slide and adhesive decals for the last month. The decals come out semi-transparent even using the highest resolution setting on glossy photo paper which is what I think should give me opaque decals. I am using both an Epson ET-8550 and a Brother MFC-J5855DW color inkjet printers.
Does anyone else have this problem? Does anyone have suggestions on settings that may improve the printed decals?
Thanks in advance!
Ink by it's very nature is transparent.

Thanks in advance!
I print decals on an older HP Officejet Pro 8210. Cardstock and Photo settings.

Black print decals set over a white paint sometimes end up looking like a very dark grey, almost black.
On rare occasions I've ended up laying down two of the same decal print, a second layer on top of the first.
That will get me to a very opaque color.
I know this doesn't solve your white decal problems, but could help with other colors.

https://modelrocketbuilding.blogspot.com/2023/02/centuri-quasar-clone-build-kit-kc-7_25.html

Latest posts

Back