Comp 3 drag race

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WILDMANRS

TRF Sponsor
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Here is a list of the Comp 3 Drag Race participants at MWP 11.
If you are in and your name is not here please contact me right away.
Jason G.
Steve P.
Mike G.
Tim D.
Claude P.
Russ W.
Dave K.
Gary K.
John M.
John O.
Steve W.
Brent L.
Dave F.
Curtis J.
Dennis W.
Robert R.
Al S.
Al G.
Marc S.
Eric C
Tom C.
Randy L.
Steve G.
Diane D.
Russell O.
Carl R.
Jim H.
Tim L.
Justin F.
All of you are invited over to my place Friday night after the launch.
Food will be provided, BYOB
Please bring your rocket .

Last edited:
Holy crap!!!

That's a lot of rockets!!!!

Is this the largest number of participants in a MWP race?

I agree! Are there enough leads and pads to launch all at once? 28 and counting.

Dennis

So three salvos to find a winner? My fear is that this will shut down the range for a very long time.:(

Tim,

Please add me to the list... ;)

I sent you a PM as well.

Thank you,

Justin

You FORGOT Justin?:surprised: NOBODY forgets the Justin!
You've done it now.....Little Fuzzy Justin's going too win the whole thing....mark my words....:no:

Sounds like a good time. I didn't bring my big boy pants...Lol

With all the rockets in the comp 3 drag race does anyone think we should also start a list on the tracking frequencies that will be used so we do not have multiple rockets on the same tracking frequency?
I will be using 224.450

Should we bring our own launch pad if we have one, sounds like there will not be enough pads? Or will there be two “drag” launches?

Last edited:
With all the rockets in the comp 3 drag race does anyone think we should also start a list on the tracking frequencies that will be used so we do not have multiple rockets on the same tracking frequency?
I will be using 224.450

Should we bring our own launch pad if we have one, sounds like there will not be enough pads? Or will there be two “drag” launches?

Yes, John

We will have a frequency board up near the R.S.O. If ALL fliers report their tracker numbers when they have them powered up, the program works great. I know for a fact, that I share at least one of my tracker numbers with someone else.

Yes, John

We will have a frequency board up near the R.S.O. If ALL fliers report their tracker numbers when they have them powered up, the program works great. I know for a fact, that I share at least one of my tracker numbers with someone else.

Jason; If you were referring to me, I lost that transmitter.

On Saturday right BEFORE the Competitor3 Drag Race....I will be flying "The Critter that SCARES me too think i built it" on TWO of these following SIX Rocket Hunter/Comm. Spec Frequencies.

1. 222.210
2. 222.330
3. 222.470
4. 222.570
5. 222.810
6. 222.910

Of course they will be posted on the frequency board....but, if any of these conflict with any of the competitors....Please let me know.
I know how frustrating it can be to chase *ghost signals*.:eek:

Pictures of previously said "Critter" coming too a certain forum, real soon.;)

John, i would say if you have one...please bring it...just in case.
Indiana Rocketry will be bringing several of our stands too help out too.
Why?

"We just love too hang with the Boyz from Illinoyz who make all that mean sounding Rocket Noyze....:p"
*Plus, i'll take it all home and, clean it up....no charge.*;)

On Saturday right BEFORE the Competitor3 Drag Race....I will be flying "The Critter that SCARES me too think i built it" on TWO of these following SIX Rocket Hunter/Comm. Spec Frequencies.

1. 222.210
2. 222.330
3. 222.470
4. 222.570
5. 222.810
6. 222.910

Of course they will be posted on the frequency board....but, if any of these conflict with any of the competitors....Please let me know.
I know how frustrating it can be to chase *ghost signals*.:eek:

Pictures of previously said "Critter" coming too a certain forum, real soon.;)

I also have 222.570. I'll make sure I check with you when I'm flying.

I have 222.550 and 222.650

One is pretty close to your 222.570. I'll use the 222.650 during the drag race.

I will be using an AIM XTRA 2.0 that the transmitter opperating in the 432-434 MHz band.

Still think Dixie's going too go down like a G*y waiter at a Pasta Slinging event......:p
Bring your umbrellas there might be parts raining from the sky in several directions.....:rolleyes:

Still think Dixie's going too go down like a G*y waiter at a Pasta Slinging event......:p
Bring your umbrellas there might be parts raining from the sky in several directions.....:rolleyes:

My rocket, aptly named Calculated Risk (second from left, awaiting loading later today), begs to differ.

20131030_123716.jpg

My rocket, aptly named Calculated Risk (second from left, awaiting loading later today), begs to differ.

20131030_123716.jpg

:lol: Looks GOOD Timmy! You do have an eye for paint and, detail:cyclops:
Seriously though....when the button is pushed on this Drag Race.....I'm going too be along ways away.....would highly recommend that too anyone.
Good Luck Tim and, everyone else!

:lol: Looks GOOD Timmy! You do have an eye for paint and, detail:cyclops:
Seriously though....when the button is pushed on this Drag Race.....I'm going too be along ways away.....would highly recommend that too anyone.
Good Luck Tim and, everyone else!

I feel the need to report and set the record straight on this contest/event. #1 no need to take shelter as Gus predicted as all 20+ rockets flew successfully (i.e., no shreads, CATOs, or lawn darts which is almost unheard of at an MWP drag race), #2, in spite of all Gus' chiding, my rocket flew successfully and weighed in at 9lbs, 7oz only (loaded) an ounce more than the lightest rocket and eventual winner, Eric Cayemburg. My Comp 3 flew to 9808ft good for a third place finish. And a big "Congrats" to Eric C. as winner of the first "flame-motif" MWP Drag Race trophy!

Last edited:
Back