MWP Demon Drag Race

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, Tim, when we were talking earlier that day, you thought your dry weight was 11lbs, not 6.55lbs. Mine was 8.75lbs, so 2.25 lbs heavier. That I was that much heavier is no surprise to me, as I have a little over build problem. :eyeroll: Well done!
Everything on mine worked as intended, except it wasn't aimed up straight enough, which cost me some I'm sure. But, I wasn't the lowest... I had a RRC3 and a RRC2+ which agreed with altitude pretty good; 8506' and 8508'.
We'll see what's in store for next year's drag race...

Adrian

So who's demon was the fastest? I think I'll have to be in the drag race next year.

Well, Tim, when we were talking earlier that day, you thought your dry weight was 11lbs, not 6.55lbs. Mine was 8.75lbs, so 2.25 lbs heavier. That I was that much heavier is no surprise to me, as I have a little over build problem. :eyeroll: Well done!
Everything on mine worked as intended, except it wasn't aimed up straight enough, which cost me some I'm sure. But, I wasn't the lowest... I had a RRC3 and a RRC2+ which agreed with altitude pretty good; 8506' and 8508'.
We'll see what's in store for next year's drag race...

Adrian

Yeah, I was hallucinating and/or did not have enough coffee yet. My loaded weight (not dry weight) was 11.2 lbs.

Interesting, the difference in color from the left one to the right one? Wonder if it's just from shadowing?

Either way, great drag race! Awesome job to everyone. No rockets left behind on the pads and all of the head end deployment systems worked.

Thank you Charlie for getting this motor certified and for the great deal!!

That difference is the split second faster that mine took off from the pads. The titanium is all burnt up... Mine clearly left the pads first. Had a really good starter from a friend.....

Here's my data... Just a few feet shy of Adrian.
8493 ft, 799mph, pushing past mach at about 1700ft
BUT... looking at the data, my drogue charge pushed the Av-Bay up to a total of 8507 feet! So, I'm saying that I tied Adrian. Yep. That's how that works. yeppers. :blush:

2016 11-05 Demon98 AT K990 Dark Matter - Drag Race.jpg

Here's my data... Just a few feet shy of Adrian.
8493 ft, 799mph, pushing past mach at about 1700ft
BUT... looking at the data, my drogue charge pushed the Av-Bay up to a total of 8507 feet! So, I'm saying that I tied Adrian. Yep. That's how that works. yeppers. :blush:

View attachment 304895

BUT.... That means that MY Av-Bay went up the same amount, which means I still beat you... :tongue: :tongue:

Last edited:
Are you gonna make me pull the data from my RRC3??? Just to prove I still beat you...
You'll have to show me how... :facepalm: :eyeroll:

Well you see, first you take your dongle.
Then you plug your dongle into the hole.
Then you plug your cable into your computer hole.
Sometimes it takes a little wiggling to get it just right.
you press a few keys. Waggle the donlge a little.
And eventually, if you do it right, BOOM, out pops the data.
I apologize to all who read the above mention of the dongle.

Back