Build thread for the Hail Mary.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Have you read the book?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Use a small piece of aluminum angle and a hobby knife to cut the tubes... or maybe just scissors?

006.JPG

Last edited:
Ok I followed @lakeroadster idea I messed up 2 times but I got 2 right and past me for once made my life easier by getting 2 tubes.View attachment 609949
So I can make 2 to replace them.

Progress... is good!

Not sure what kind of tools you have access to... but a pair of sheet metal shears will work.

Or you can also use a mandrel clamped in a vice, such as a broom stick, and then use a hobby knife to cut the tube as it rests on the broom stick. You might need to open the slot up some more.

My plan for attaching the tanks to the transition is to epoxy the center one.IMG_0060.jpeg
Then do the sides like this.IMG_0061.jpeg
And epoxy filet the corners. Is there any problems with that?

Hmm.. J-B Kwik Epoxy sets up in 6 minutes. Might want to use regular J-B Weld.

And for the Tube-to-Tube joints, use wood glue (Gorilla Wood Glue or Titebond).

Glue Strength.jpg

Last edited:
I have started to get everything glued together I had to use 5 minute epoxy (the clear stuff) because I ran out of wood glue and had a bad case of go fever 🤒 but I did ruff up the glassine.

How would you attach the fins? my plan is, since the rocket won’t see high speeds it should be ok to not use TTW and epoxy them to the surface. Opinions?

I thought of that, after I had 2 fins on.
Somebody has launch fever..... When in you're in such a rush to get it done, painting is only an afterthought..... Although, I have built a few rockets where I go through the whole checklist, I've got the shock cord, it's painted, and everything seems good... wait a minute, I forgot to glue on a launch lug!! Dammit!

Back