Scale model of the Hail Mary

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
#2 - hopefully Project Hail Mary will be turned into a movie. If so, it will be kind of cool to see if your added details align with Hollywood.
I remembered the rights had been sold, and this comment prompted me to look up if anything was actually happening.

Ryan Gosling will be starring in the movie and production will start early next year, according to Wikipedia.

I remembered the rights had been sold, and this comment prompted me to look up if anything was actually happening.

Ryan Gosling will be starring in the movie and production will start early next year, according to Wikipedia.
Maybe I can sell them a model…

fuck yeah GIF

I haven't read the book yet, but something everyone seems to get wrong in Sci-Fi is that humans have a lot of trouble building technology that can actually survive 30 years without constant maintenance. Cars can't go even 50,000 miles without significant servicing, and as someone who has dealt with even old electronics, turning on a 30-yr old PC can often result in a fire. Now, B-52's have been flying for 50+ years, but that's with constant upgrades. The Voyager probes are the only things I can think of that have survived without a lot of human interaction since the 1970's, and portions of the probes have had to be shut down and some systems have failed, it's certainly not at 100%. The ISS has already had tons of upgrades and yet it's still expected to be kicked to the curb by 2026.

If you're flying on a 30 year old spaceship, you're going to be under nearly constant assault of items failing.

I have finished the sim with the mass data of the transition is anyone interested in a look? if so I will post it.

A quick update on parts, The transition is shipped expected to arrive mid next week, the other parts will be ordered today, as for the nose cone I think I will have it made next weekend.

Latest posts

Back