The Rocket Bucket List...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What's your rocket bucket list? what do you want to accomplish before you kick the bucket? I'm just a kid so Ive got some time (knock on wood) but Ill make a list anyway.
Get a L2
Get a L3
Build an all carbon fiber rocket
build a minimum diameter of all sises up to 54mm
Fly on a Warp 9 motor
Fly a Warp9 endburning motor
Build my own motor (once I get an L2, of course)
Fly the CTI F240
Fly the CTI E75
Write a Apogee Newsletter
Fly a Kosdon or a KBA load
Learn how to fiberglass REALLY GOOD
Go to an LDRS
Go to BALLS
Have fun!

What's yours?

Done
Done
Done
Who's buying me a Mongoose 54?
Done all of them up to J1999
Done
Done
Done
Done
Not even passingly interested
Done
I get better each time I do it
Done (I'm Launch Director next year)
Not sure I want to. I like my creature comforts too much
If you are not having fun -> you are doing it wrong!

Ok for me....

Fly a J or larger hybrid monotube
Break 20,000 feet
Own/Use a Black Magic Flight Computer
Make that damn camera on the side of my rocket work
Fly a 2 stage that does not end in disaster
Air start a Warp9 or VMax Bates (Big honkin Skid for the lift off the pad)
Get someone else to be club president.

I think I'd be happy if I could just finish all the projects sitting on my work bench.

jeff

Bucket list -> not fantasy list! Sheesh, I will never get that pile finished, the in basket still let's things squeak in.

Last edited:
just have fun in rocketry and launch rockets and dont get involved with the BS that other people and clubs like to play in.

HAVE FUN AND LAUNCH ROCKETS.:)

I agree, Kevin. I've only been in the hobby eleven years and one of the things a now long time rocket friend taught me was that you can attend a rocket launch and not fly a thing and still have fun. It's just being in the same place with like-minded rocket buds. :D

I agree. We normally attend 6-10 launches per year and might actually fly at 3 of them. We enjoy the fellowship more than anything. We are at a point it's more about mentoring young people than our personal enjoyment. The main thing I look forward to now is flying with the grandkids but with all 6 of them under 3, it will be a year or two but we are looiking forward to that.

Verna
www.vernarockets.com

That's a REALLY important item in my mind. I'm amazed how many people in this hobby forget to do that above item...

-Dave
Well,the way I see it, the REALLY important item Have Fun is a NO BRAINER!!!!Cannt say Ive seen any posts ever about how much someone thinks the hobby of rocketry SUCKS! Even posts that people have had Catos,Lost rockets,ect. Still usauly say."Oh well, I still had a good day." Its like those t-shirts ,the ones that say "A bad day (fill in blank) is still better than a good day at work" Anywhoo- Have a FUN DAY!:D

Bucket List LOL!!!! OH My!! Too many Rockets....so Little time! I'll just keep microing til that bag & tag me. With a bunch of PMC, Scale, HD and Odd-Rocs thrown in for good measure.

Holy thread necro, @Hobie1dog!

It is chilling reading this thread and realizing that several who participated in it have passed away, and two or three others have not been here for some time.

If I were to answer the question....
Participating in a NARAM was a bucket list item for me, which I accomplished at NARAM-56 (while winning one event, which was a bonus).

This year I want to get a qualified flight in every event as I have not done that so far (it will be my fifth NARAM). I don't have a long list of rocketry items as "bucket list" sorts of things.

I've been privileged to meet Vern and Gleda Estes enough times to consider both friends which is seriously cool. And I've met Lee and Betty Piester and the late Carl McLawhorn.

I don't really have aspirations for EX stuff or Level 2 or 3 high power certifications.

But I have to get going on my Giant Sport Scale model for NARAM and build some more rocket gliders....while having fun launching rockets. Sounds good to me.

Back