The Rocket Bucket List...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aksrockets

Now with 8% more aluminum
Reaction score
What's your rocket bucket list? what do you want to accomplish before you kick the bucket? I'm just a kid so Ive got some time (knock on wood) but Ill make a list anyway.
Get a L2
Get a L3
Build an all carbon fiber rocket
build a minimum diameter of all sises up to 54mm
Fly on a Warp 9 motor
Fly a Warp9 endburning motor
Build my own motor (once I get an L2, of course)
Fly the CTI F240
Fly the CTI E75
Write a Apogee Newsletter
Fly a Kosdon or a KBA load
Learn how to fiberglass REALLY GOOD
Go to an LDRS
Go to BALLS
Have fun!

What's yours?

Hmmm...being 45, I'd better get with it :eek:

L2 and L3 of course.
Definitely dig into the EX stuff
Visit the Cesaroni manufacturing and test facilities
Min diameter to 50K (Black Rock?)
Way upscale DD Cherokee
Contribute something back to Sampo's OpenRocket project
Collect and fly all of the Wildman Darkstar Series
BSD Thor for my collection
Nike Smoke's from 18mm to 98mm motor mounts
Have a beer with Tim and Jim
Completely outfitted workshop (power tools, paint booth...)
Help design a new and unique APCP propellant

I'll add more as I think of them :D

What's your rocket bucket list? what do you want to accomplish before you kick the bucket? I'm just a kid so Ive got some time (knock on wood) but Ill make a list anyway.
Get a L2
Get a L3
Fly on a Warp 9 motor
Fly the CTI F240
Fly the CTI E75
Go to an LDRS
Go to BALLS
Have fun!

What's yours?

Did it
Did it
Done that
That too
Made my own equivalent (0.2 sec I’s, .3 second L’s
Did a Kosdon non production equivalent —40 seconds
Made Ps
Don’t do much model rocket stuff in modern era
“ “
Never did that
I do OK
This year will be 23 times in a row.
Launch organizer 13 times. Been there more times
I think I still have fun.

So your list is possible to do.

Mark

My bucket list:

Is to never hurt myself or those by me.... (first item.) Having a dream....
i would rather fail than have any regrets....

mixing 15kg of propellant tommorow (going to get up at 4:am so its not hot outside) .. :) Livin the dream...

One day.. preferebly sooner than later.. 6" x 48" liner, and have 46" of propellant in it.
around 22kg of propellant.............in one motor...

Having fun.. spending time with my family...

Be able to fly a 40second burn motor!! that would be cool...

Deploy small "cansats" near 100k. Video temperature pressure... the normal silly stuff.

Rocket assisted ramjet drone....

I have a bucket list of motors I've had for a while, I'll pull it up when we get our computer set up at our new house...

However, besides the motor list:
L1
L2
L3
Fly a Kosdon O10,000 :sad:
Fly a rocket into space...

Braden

Last edited:
The only thing or #1 thing that I would really like as far as a rocket bucket list.
is to have a rocket kit on the market that has my name on it as the designer/creator.
I feel all the other things.L1 ,L2,motor making,flying a rocket with a super huge motor,going to Balls,LDRS and such is just a matter of ,if I have the time,money and the passion to do them or learn them.But Ill take my first choice over anything else rocket related anyday baby!!!!!!!

The only thing or #1 thing that I would really like as far as a rocket bucket list.
is to have a rocket kit on the market that has my name on it as the designer/creator.

I'm with you there Scotty. That would be pretty cool. But I could be wrong here, but I think the only company that would be open to doing a kit like the kind of stuff that you and I (and Gary) do, would be FlisKits. But since Jim is a great designer on his own, I doubt he'd need input from any of us.:2:

Here's what I am doing

Building rocket for L3
Going to do ex after L3

Want too's

Build and fly full scale Nike Smoke
Attend LDRS and Balls

Rich

As far as I know there is just one complete O10000 left and it is to be launched 'Frank Style" at BALLS this year.

I was lucky enough to work with Frank on most of them and made 2 rockets with O10000 first stages. All other 4" booster motors are just wannabes.

Mark

I'm with you there Scotty. That would be pretty cool. But I could be wrong here, but I think the only company that would be open to doing a kit like the kind of stuff that you and I (and Gary) do, would be FlisKits. But since Jim is a great designer on his own, I doubt he'd need input from any of us.:2:
Well, If I hit the big lottery(which I dont play much anywhoo) Or come into some big coin (ya right!) Ill look you guys up. Hey,ya never know???:rolleyes:

Since I may be attending the Freedom Launch in Orangeburg SC this year after all, I think that's one of the things I wanted to do for years. But it was one of those "time & money" issues as before mentioned. Just like going to the Smithsonian and a NASA graveyard for old rockets is. I like Scotty's note in having one of your designs kitted by a leading manufacturer. THAT would blow my skirt up. Having won a design contest for Fiddle Faddle made quite an impression on me so.....yeah....Be nice to see one of my designs go to market. Much like having a hit song you wrote wind up in the top 100 or something.

My bucket list is constantly evolving and changing. I guess technically that means it's not really a bucket list. Creating a so-called bucket list is a good way to quickly make you feel old, and I'm much too young for that. ;)

My bucket list is constantly evolving and changing. I guess technically that means it's not really a bucket list. Creating a so-called bucket list is a good way to quickly make you feel old, and I'm much too young for that. ;)

I may be 56 years old, but my brain thinks I'm 30 something. Truth be known, my true bucket list destination would be going back to the French Polynesia for an extended stay.

I have a lot lower goals than some of you guys. I did my L1 about 10 years ago, but I've been out of the hobby for awhile so I might have to do it again.

Our local club doesn't have a place to launch above G motors, and I don't think anybody around here sells them anyway, so I'll have to be content with the little stuff for now.

I do have a smaller bucket list, which involves construction of all of the kits I have laying around here waiting to be built- Big Daddy, Executioner, Mars Lander, and my Vulcanite and HT45 that need to be repaired. I recently saw that someone made a NikeAjax kit so I'd like to build one of those too.

I would like to put a small digital video camera into a rocket. I'd like to build a minimum diameter rocket with a tracker. (I'm afraid of losing rockets so I don't build anything real high performance now. If I had a tracker I might go for it.)

I may be 56 years old, but my brain thinks I'm 30 something. Truth be known, my true bucket list destination would be going back to the French Polynesia for an extended stay.
I'm a grade ahead of you in school, which means that we are both just kids. :D

Last edited:
In this order...

Build and fly first dual-deploy rocket
Get L2
Break mach
Manage to get a job that pays well enough to fly L2 and L3
Get L3
Go to BALLS
Build and fly something that actually necessitates flying at BALLS
Possibly get into EX
Make a motor that doesn't cato
Fly an EX motor in a project that necessitates flying at BALLS

In case it's not already clear from the above information, I'm fascinated by the propulsion aspect of the hobby, and I hope to get into a career field involving propulsion or some other form of aerospace engineering. I'm also enamored with the idea of building rockets in the higher-performance ranges of the hobby... just need to wait until dual-deploy becomes an option to do so.

Get a L2
Get a L3
Fly on a Warp 9 motor
Fly the CTI F240
Fly the CTI E75
Go to an LDRS
Go to BALLS
Have fun!

What's yours?

Done
Done
not interested
not interested
accepting donations
see above
Done
maybe, got the hardware
see above
cant write
Done, and fly KBA regularly
not enough patience
done, twice
cant stand the heat
ALWAYS

Now,my list:
Have an altimeter reading of over a mile(closest was 100' short!!)
same as above to 12K(I know,prolly not gonna happen on the east coast)
finish my 12" Standard Arm
build a 12" SWAT(got all the parts,just cant work out the logistics of transportation yet)
Get a cover shot on either of the national magazines(I know,rots of ruck huh?)

I keep my bucket list in my bucket rocket, and it's empty.

I don't really worry about a list of "things I want to do" in rocketry, because I'm already doing the one thing that's most important to me -- having fun with my friends.

If we get to have some fun along the way, that's just a bonus.

-Kevin

I don't really worry about a list of "things I want to do" in rocketry, because I'm already doing the one thing that's most important to me -- having fun with my friends.

-Kevin

Amen Kevin. You've really got your priorities straight.:clap:

-Kevin

I agree, Kevin. I've only been in the hobby eleven years and one of the things a now long time rocket friend taught me was that you can attend a rocket launch and not fly a thing and still have fun. It's just being in the same place with like-minded rocket buds. :D

I agree, Kevin. I've only been in the hobby eleven years and one of the things a now long time rocket friend taught me was that you can attend a rocket launch and not fly a thing and still have fun. It's just being in the same place with like-minded rocket buds. :D
Or in my case, hanging with like-minded people online.

I think I'd be happy if I could just finish all the projects sitting on my work bench.

jeff

Last edited:
Not really a bucket list item but I'd like to take my grandaughter to a few national launches, NARAM, LDRS... She's only 4 now so I have a few years to wait.

I'd like to build and launch the worlds biggest Bertha someday. Hmmm, when does Bertha turn 50?

I'd like to build and launch the worlds biggest Bertha someday. Hmmm, when does Bertha turn 50?

Ninfinger doesn't list the 1965 Estes catalog but Big Bertha does appear in the 1966 copy. So you've got until 2015 or 16 to get er done.

Have fun!

That's a REALLY important item in my mind. I'm amazed how many people in this hobby forget to do that above item...

That's pretty much the only item on my list - have fun. What I think would be fun is something that is constantly changing. Heck, what sounds like a lot of fun in the morning of a launch may not sound like fun when I get to the field. I just roll with it. :horse:

-Dave

Not really a bucket list item but I'd like to take my grandaughter to a few national launches, NARAM, LDRS... She's only 4 now so I have a few years to wait.

Hmmmm...That sounds like an EXCELLENT L3 project. :cyclops:

Latest posts

Back