Secret Santa 2010

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you SS!
I received a box full of goodies....
Two big bottles of CA (thick and thin), CA for plastics, two packs of #11 blades (can never have too many of those), liquid masking compound (Now I can assault that Apogee Sat V!) and a Semroc Rocket Rack.

Guess this means more time in the shop...
Awwwww shucks....
:wink:

My SS went crazy--sent three kits I've been eyeing for a long time, all Fliskits: Tres, Fric n' Frac and the ACME Spitfire! What a surprise, and I almost left the family gift opening to start building. THANK YOU, SS!

Thank you SS!!! I got a Screamin' Green Meenie. I love E18's, and this rocket looks like it was made for E18's.

My pleasure! :) Will be looking forward to seeing it go up on the E18!:D

If not the January launch, I won't be able to make it until the May launch..(work conflicts on launch weekends:mad:)

My SS really spoiled me.
Three tie dyed rip stop chutes from rocketchutes.com (12, 18 and 24), a 6x6 nomex chute protector and 2 very nice books (Modern High-Power Rocketry 2 and Rockets of World).
Lovin it all.
Thank You SS.:cheers:

Spoiled? I think not. I got the spoils in a Formula 54 kit! THANK YOU Secret Santas everywhere!!

Secret Santa has left me a FlisKits Praetor and Praetor II booster! Plus a very special MUG! Here it is enjoying the first cup of Christmas Coffee! havent yet got a shot of the kits.

Thank you SS! The mug is cool because I've been wanting something unique for the office! Sure to bring up great conversations! :hohoho:

HRocket I hope that Green Meenie lasts longer than the first!

Glad you like it. Especially the cup. I'm always fond of cups that start conversations.

The Praetor was begging for the booster.

I love the creativity of rocketeers and the Secret Santa event tends to bring it out...

The box was marked saying that I could open it right away, so I did. As I was pushing through the pop-corn packing, I see a built rocket and am wondering just what it is I got... (see first pix).

Gotta be some of the most creative wrapping EVER! LOL One fin was broken, so I glued that back on so that it could be properly displayed.

When I opened it Christmas morning I discovered a wild collection of incredible tools (see 2nd pix) which will go a LONG way in my building! Clamps, fine micro scissors, razor knife, precision angle rule, precision strait edge angle, sanding strips and a scratch ticket called (get this) the "Deuce's Wild!" from Vermont LOL Gotta love it (though I didn't win on the ticket, it was a hoot :) )

The closeup shows one of the pairs of scissors as well as the very narrow (and flexible) emory type sanding strips. VERY KEWL!

Thank you Scott (yep, got your card too :) ) and hope you and yours had a most wonderful Christmas!

jim

DSC00223sm.jpg

DSC00267.jpg

DSC00268.jpg

Last edited:
Opened my Secret Santa to find a TLP Rapier. Been wanting that kit for a while. I must have been a good boy this year! Can't wait to build it--oh I guess I can start now, after cooking for 14 people all day yesterday, and now no one is coming over for Sunday Xmas dinner due to Blizzard Adrianna!
:happydeer: Happy Holidays! :happydeer:

Jpaw

Thank you secret santa! received the Bulls Eye kit. Now I'm thinking of some paint schemes.....hmmmmmmm :)

IM000577.jpg

Spoiled? I think not. I got the spoils in a Formula 54 kit! THANK YOU Secret Santas everywhere!!

you are so welcome! I thought they looked soooo cool so I bought two! Then gave the other one away too.....

Did you get both boxes ok? I was a spaz and sent out the first box then realized the motormount was siting in my living room! :bangpan:

Seems like popular vote goes to the ring fin rockets this Christmas. I'm guessing Fliskits and Pemb Tech stock of Bullseye and Screamin Green Meanie is running low after this SS. Home run for both teams with these two kits.

My pleasure! :) Will be looking forward to seeing it go up on the E18!:D

If not the January launch, I won't be able to make it until the May launch..(work conflicts on launch weekends:mad:)

Jon, super thanks to you! My launch attendance has been a little spotty this year. We were going to try to come up this month, but cold rain put a damper on plans. I'm jonesin' to launch some rockets, so I hope to make the January launch. Hopefully, I can build the Meenie this week since I'm on vacation.

Is it snowing in your area of Georgia? We're just west of Myrtle Beach and we've got 3-4 inches. Thats enough to keep us thin-blooded, unprepared southerners locked in the house. :D

Yes, both boxes made it thru the haze of the days leading up to the frenzy yesterday. I was stoked after I opened the little one first. Thank you again!!

I got a little Bucky Jones! very cool thanks so much! also got the LEGO Space Shuttle Kit as a joint present from my Wife and Mother in Law!

My SS went crazy--sent three kits I've been eyeing for a long time, all Fliskits: Tres, Fric n' Frac and the ACME Spitfire! What a surprise, and I almost left the family gift opening to start building. THANK YOU, SS!

You are most welcome :D

Hold on hold on...

lest we get lost in mirth and merriment....

what about the sneaky git who opened theirs early?

Fess up!

Thank you so much to my secret santa! I got a Mad Cow Mozzie! I'm a mosquito fanatic and absolutely love it!

Braden:santa-smile:

P.S. Was it Rocket Al? :eek:

Uh,how did you know? Did Mad Cow put something in the packing slip to let on?

Al

Have to thank my Secret Santa. Got both a Dr. Zooch Titan IIICAND a Fliskits Thunderbird. I'm conflicted as to which i should dive into first.Iloves me some scale modelbuilding.Also,much to my surprise, the missus looked through my bookmarks to see what i look at, and picked me up a Pem Tech Space Ark. As we are in the process of refurbing the basement, I'm gonna save these for the completion of the man-cave....

Uh,how did you know? Did Mad Cow put something in the packing slip to let on?

Al

Yes, unfortunately. I received a receipt saying who they billed it to.

Thank you very much sir, and if you look under the mid power forum, you'll see it's almost ready to fly :D

Merry Christmas!:happydeer:

Braden

Thanks to my Secret Santa who got me my very own Fliskits Bullseye and a Semroc Mini-Optima! Can't wait to build both of them...right after I finish my 24mm BMS pyramid kit I'm working on.

I love the creativity of rocketeers and the Secret Santa event tends to bring it out...

The box was marked saying that I could open it right away, so I did. As I was pushing through the pop-corn packing, I see a built rocket and am wondering just what it is I got... (see first pix).

Gotta be some of the most creative wrapping EVER! LOL One fin was broken, so I glued that back on so that it could be properly displayed.

When I opened it Christmas morning I discovered a wild collection of incredible tools (see 2nd pix) which will go a LONG way in my building! Clamps, fine micro scissors, razor knife, precision angle rule, precision strait edge angle, sanding strips and a scratch ticket called (get this) the "Deuce's Wild!" from Vermont LOL Gotta love it (though I didn't win on the ticket, it was a hoot :) )

The closeup shows one of the pairs of scissors as well as the very narrow (and flexible) emory type sanding strips. VERY KEWL!

Thank you Scott (yep, got your card too :) ) and hope you and yours had a most wonderful Christmas!

jim
Glad you can use the tools. The wife and I had a laugh the day I found out I got you as a victim. She had a part in coming up with something creative for the wrapping.And "YES" we had a wonderful day Thanks

Hold on hold on...

lest we get lost in mirth and merriment....

what about the sneaky git who opened theirs early?

Fess up!

I opened mine early but it twas not I who was tolden apon in that letter to elfy claus.

I asked for permission, which was granted to me, and so at the hour of noon on the day of the eve my gift was parted and I cannot thank my ss santa enough. my ss gift was the greatest gift I received all christmas, I am forever grateful. This is the first time iv ever done a ss gift exchange and I don't think it could ever have gotten anything better. I'm almost hesitate to do this again because what me and my mom always say is "stop while your ahead" but I won't know until next time (i heard there is one in the summer?!)

Anyway sorry to runon about nothing you care about but I will say it again that ss I thank you sooo much you really made my holiday season.

the build thread will commence once I get a head start on the build.

My wife and kids made me wait until after all the presents were opened before I cracked open a S.S. box from K and S Rockets. (like the last three weeks weren't long enough :roll: )

The wait was worth it though, enclosed was a Grey Wolf kit!

Wow, I'm absolutely amazed at how inclusive this kit is. Sewn shock cords, Nomex chute and cord protectors, an av-bay kit + tons of hardware, a "real" decal etc etc. Just put it on the bench and build it, and that's what I'm gonna do. Way Cool!

Totally Awesome Secret Santa, Thanks You!

Glad you like it Scott. Send me some pictures when you get it finished.

Thank you Secret Santa for the fliskits Bulls Eye kit and the Tres Mounts. I have always wanted the Bulls Eye and I told Jim Flis I really liked the looks of that rocket :).

Doug, just a heads up... another SS gift coming your way :)

Back