Secret Santa 2010

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
could be worse get those wrapped with a hershey kiss that melted in transit

I think our wives (or in my case girlfriend) would be very upset knowing that our favorite valentines gift came from someone we've never met.... :bangpan:

Last edited:
My Secret Santa was very generous.
I got a Squirrel Works Nick Adams Interstellar Probe kit, a Gordon 33pc. Deluxe Hobby Knife Set including a Mini Screwdriver set with 6 bits, a Top Flight 15" chute and a box of Ghirardelli Peppermint Bark Squares. :)
Thanks You Secret Santa.

Secert Sants gifts.jpg

I think our wives (or in my case girlfriend) would be very upset knowing that our favorite valentines gift came from someone we've never met.... :bangpan:

worse...

some GUY you never met...

jeeze, I can see THAT counseling session... LOL

Better late than never....
Here is my SS haul and a little surprise I got with a Microsoft return address.

The Space Ark model was a pleasant surprise from Glenn Bedford that arrived yesterday. Since it was a mystery box I had it probed and X-Ray'd but it turned out to be benign. It was the best surprise gift I have had in ages.

cardXmas_2747.jpg

cardLandLL_2753.jpg

Tony,
you're welcome! Enjoy...you do great paint work, I'm still trying to nail down a good paint procedure. The whole sand, fill,sand fill, sand, phil, thing gets me down sometimes and don't quite seem to finish projects :( I'm working on it though, a resolution to clean up the unfinished projects pile...

Layne that model is on my wish list (as well as your flying version). Pegasus Hobbies makes some great sci-fi models, their War of The Worlds Copper plated invader space ships are cool as are the Galaxy Quest ship and Area 51 UFO...

Layne that model is on my wish list (as well as your flying version). Pegasus Hobbies makes some great sci-fi models, their War of The Worlds Copper plated invader space ships are cool as are the Galaxy Quest ship and Area 51 UFO...

Just looked at their website....
May have to acquire an Apollo 27 for myself.

I figure alot of build threads should start now christmas is over.

I figure alot of build threads should start now christmas is over.

Mines almost done! Just needs one part that I have on the way, and I need to fill the nasty dings that magically appeared* on the nosecone

Braden

*My brother got an R/C helicopter, and the major ding appears to be about the size of the blade. :eyeroll:

Someone sent Papa Elf a $10 flis giftcard. I used it to get a Tartar. Thanks =)

Did everyone get a gift this year? There was a couple ppl on the list I have not heard back from.

Just got back home last night and was too tired from 26 hours of driving to open up my SS gift. So I finally opened it up just now. Wow, a FlisKits USS Grissom! I've been wanting one of these for ages! I am now one happy sweat hog! Thank you, Secret Santa!

(I had received my package earlier this month, but I left it at home when I went to Florida for two weeks. Today was our much-delayed gift opening day.)

Just got back home last night and was too tired from 26 hours of driving to open up my SS gift. So I finally opened it up just now. Wow, a FlisKits USS Grissom! I've been wanting one of these for ages! I am now one happy sweat hog! Thank you, Secret Santa!

(I had received my package earlier this month, but I left it at home when I went to Florida for two weeks. Today was our much-delayed gift opening day.)

Very nice! That's what my dad got as well. You'll probably finish before he does :p

Braden

Very nice! That's what my dad got as well. You'll probably finish before he does :p

Braden
I'm having an O. Henry moment here. I am the person who gave your dad Brian his USS Grissom. :surprised:

Did everyone get a gift this year? There was a couple ppl on the list I have not heard back from.

With any luck, by this time tomorrow I'll be home and will hopefully find my SS gift there waiting for me. Sounds like I'll be the last person to open their gift. I will, of course, promptly report my find.

Your welcome Mark.

The Grissom is a great kit. I've got one that I bought from Jim at a NEMROC back in the late 80's way before there was a FlisKits. :)

Your welcome Mark.

The Grissom is a great kit. I've got one that I bought from Jim at a NEMROC back in the late 80's way before there was a FlisKits. :)

And I hand turned every one of those darned nose cones myself! Man... That's why I only made about 10 of those kits way back then... :)

Well, guess I was a bad boy or something. No SS gift waiting for me when I got home.

Your welcome Mark.

Jim had a supply of those needle-thin BT-2s even back then? :surprised:

Jim had a supply of those needle-thin BT-2s even back then? :surprised:

I actually used the Apogee PT-2 phenolic tubing, which was good in the respect that they were much stiffer. The down side is that if you got a too aggressive ejection charge it could blow the tubes apart...

I actually used the Apogee PT-2 phenolic tubing, which was good in the respect that they were much stiffer. The down side is that if you got a too aggressive ejection charge it could blow the tubes apart...
I'm thinking of the MTTM downscale now. Let's see, if I use LL-0 for the ducts ...

... toothpicks to couple 2 or 3 of them together to get the right length, and also for the cones on the ends ...

... The LL-0 duct tubes would not be functional at this scale, of course ...

I sent a pm to your Secret Santa. One way or another, you'll get something.

Papa Elf

Thanks. Let see what they have to say first, but I don't think getting me something should fall on your shoulders.

Back