AMW Inc. looking for ideas.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally posted by PopRocket
Anthony, I am curious as to why you think a 54mm I motor would be economically impractical. Surely there is a bigger market for I motors than there is for the larger motors? With the number of level one flyers out there I should think H's and I's would be the best sellers.

Granted most level one flyers use 38mm hardware but that may simply be because that is all that is available. There are certainly a lot of level one flyers with 54mm mounts in their rockets. Many of us would love to be able to fly a 54mm I motor like the old Aerotech I65 in a reloadable format.

There is *much* truth in this post.

Granted, I could probably fly a 98mm holed rocket on a 54mm motor, but there would be something SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much cooler about flying said bird on a 98mm "K" if that's what I wanted and the motor would lift the rocket in a safe manner.

Take that down to the 54/38mm realm. Same difference.

A 38mm G is cooler than a 29mm G because it's bigger.

We need expanded crossover between reload diameters!!!!!!!! :D

Thanks for updating your site... Very prompt! Now im just waiting for the simdata.

Originally posted by Fore Check
A 38mm G is cooler than a 29mm G because it's bigger.

Not to mention it burns longer! And when your claim to fame is cool looking flames... the longer the burn, the better!

-Rick (who points out that a single-grain could also moon-burn...)

We actually have some ideas about doing longer burns in the smaller motors..
You will un likely see it before the moves.

I can see G motors, not sure if I want to go smaller than that yet??

Oh, and by the way, that elusive Purple Parot, well there just might be some life in him yet:)))

Thanks Paul

Originally posted by rrocket

Oh, and by the way, that elusive Purple Parot, well there just might be some life in him yet:)))

Ohhhhhhhhh, I like the sound of that!!!:D :D :D

I'd love to see a commercial purple load.:D

Originally posted by Donaldsrockets
Ohhhhhhhhh, I like the sound of that!!!:D :D :D

I'd love to see a commercial purple load.:D

:D :D in a G!!!

thanx, Ben

I remember a conversation I had with Paul sitting in the canteen at Brunos about seven years ago....

I stick with the suggestion made then..... bright neon pink flames...

Bring on the 'Pink Pussy' Paul!!! You know you want to!

;-)

Ben

Hey Ben...That's what I call my Neon Pink propellant!! Did that several years ago... I've got a GREAT pink flame load that was fired in both 54mm and 75mm sizes.
I did offer it to Paul a few weeks ago at the suggestion of the wife.
He could add a little Pink housecat to the AMW logo and be covered!!
Kind of like Hooters did with the Owl Eyes after people protested.

A buddy of mine wants to do two of my pink loads in a 2-stage, and because of the name of the propellant (see above) call it the 'Lesbo'...
Don't think we'll squeak that one through the LCO and a NAR launch!! ;)

Apologies if this offends anyone, but it's definitely NOT meant to be PC...

Ron

LOL, thats hillarious! Id love to see some pink on pink action.

I love it Ron.. No offense here. In fact thats not possible. Lucky it wasn't me naming it.... May have been worse. .. But I think its great.. Besides life's to short and full of garbage anyhow to be "so PC" to get offended I believe..

I am definitely down with some pink on pink action!

I agree with Conway. Personally, I think life would be better if more people who got offended were simply told to just get over it. Man up and grow a thicker skin, you know?

I'd love to hear that flight announced at LDRS!

Originally posted by SpartaChris
I am definitely down with some pink on pink action!

I agree with Conway. Personally, I think life would be better if more people who got offended were simply told to just get over it. Man up and grow a thicker skin, you know?

I'd love to hear that flight announced at LDRS!

Reminds me of the saying "man check" (punches someones jewels ;) )

thanx, Ben

Hey Guys,
Defintely bring on the Pink!!! I'd build a upscale PInk and Yellow rocket for a K or L 54-mm motor.
Moonboy
"Where's my Pink and Yellow Rocket????";) ;) ;)

New Motors coming!!
Re-introduce the ST to the 38mm line
at least a J-500 or maybe faster?

Also, look for a longer burn motor for the 38-640 motor..

54-1050 case J-700 St
54-1400 K-900ST
54-1750 k-1100 ST
54-2550 k-1800 St

In the 75mm 2500 case a SKID K-500
75-2500 L- 800ST

In the 98-17500 N-3000 WW
that's what we are working on doing next, so we can include them in the Ca. certs.

Paul AMW Inc.

Also once we get moved, look for a much expanded smaller motor product line..
remember the Old G-200's one of the first on the list!!

PS I think we could manage a Pink Something.
somehow, I don;t think most of the Lady folks would appreciate the name sugested??

Originally posted by rrocket

PS I think we could manage a Pink Something.
somehow, I don;t think most of the Lady folks would appreciate the name sugested??

Hey.... come on Paul... you suggested it!!!

:)

Ben

AMW could generate some Great PR with a Pink reload, and Donate 5% of the profit to the Brest Cancer Walk for Life ,you know everyone having those Pink ribons on there cars and such. I think it would generate a lot of good PR for the hobby and it's for a good cause!

Steve M:)

Steve

GREAT IDEA!!

I think most of us can relate to the tragic symbol of the Pink ribon.

That's a definate, when the time comes..
Thanks Paul

Just thought of it cause my sister walks and raises money every year in honor of a close friend, Also we have one of our favorite Kit makers and Vendors, Thrustline user name (flying- silverado).shuting down operations for all of next month due to his wife and her battel. Sure would be cool to get something out there to help fight such an unfair disease.

Thanks
Steve M

Pink Panther and Purple Parrot Manufacturers demo loads at NERRF 3 did I hear you say!!!!!

(54/1750 & 75/6000 PLEASE !!!)

Hey - I guy can hope and pray :)

C'mon...most of us are guys. We need BrownBaboon for prostate cancer! :p

Seriously (and a bit OT) I'm kinda tired of breast cancer getting all the ink & MONEY just because of PCness & better PR. And this is from someone who's mom has recovered wonderfully from a bout about 5 years ago.

https://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16668688/

Scroll down & look at the chart...there are significantly more prostate cancer cases/deaths than breast cancer. Colo-rectal cancer (somewhat tied in w/Prostate) is almost as big a problem for women as breast cancer...and it also affects men, of course.

I'm not anti woman...I just bothers me that a cancer that kills significantly MORE people than breast cancer is almost ignored because it affects men, not women. Kinda like the bias/imbalance towards girls over boys in education these days...but now I'll stop.

Originally posted by mccr3328
AMW could generate some Great PR with a Pink reload, and Donate 5% of the profit to the Brest Cancer Walk for Life ,you know everyone having those Pink ribons on there cars and such. I think it would generate a lot of good PR for the hobby and it's for a good cause!

Steve M:)

Purple is for Pancreatic cancer, the one that took my dad's life not to long ago.. I think all cancer groups have a color.. Perhaps we could do one month and do a skid for the prostrace, purple for pancreatic, pink for breast and what ever the others have...

I just like the color flames... Pink flamingo, pink panther, pink porcupine,pink platapus.. I know several girls in our group would love it..

Just get it out in wild.. I know our club would be very happy to test any you got...

Dennis
Phoenix Missile Works
www.pmwonline.org

Hmmmm....
Pink names.....

So I'm starring at the AMW logo (this always brings a smile to my face) and thinking about what animals would compliment this already fantastic logo??
A snake. A large snake. A snake his body wrapped around and intertwined with the rest of the zoo creatures with his head coming up over the top center (or something like that...)

Motor Name:
Pink Python

Originally posted by Falconpilot
Purple is for Pancreatic cancer, the one that took my dad's life not to long ago.. I think all cancer groups have a color.. Perhaps we could do one month and do a skid for the prostrace, purple for pancreatic, pink for breast and what ever the others have...

I just like the color flames... Pink flamingo, pink panther, pink porcupine,pink platapus.. I know several girls in our group would love it..

Just get it out in wild.. I know our club would be very happy to test any you got...

Dennis
Phoenix Missile Works
www.pmwonline.org

Randy (rocketmaniac) has his Onyx CK. It has colored strips that stand for each cancer.

Originally posted by jj94
Randy (rocketmaniac) has his Onyx CK. It has colored strips that stand for each cancer.

Problem is...when you get too many colors, all of a sudden it's a Gay Pride rocket!

not that there's anything wrong with that...:p

Originally posted by Gregzo
Hmmmm....
Pink names.....

So I'm starring at the AMW logo (this always brings a smile to my face) and thinking about what animals would compliment this already fantastic logo??
A snake. A large snake. A snake his body wrapped around and intertwined with the rest of the zoo creatures with his head coming up over the top center (or something like that...)

Motor Name:
Pink Python

Dude. Sweet. :D

I really hadn't thought of a pink propellant.
Kinda viewed it as a bad Red formula.
I've seen some attempts at Red that looked Pink.

I will look at my Propellant submissions to the DOT, and I believe I probably have enough variable to perhaps make a Pink..
I would not want to spend the Money to re submit.
If I can make something within my allowable range, then we can do a Pink Python.

In the mean time, I will be coming out with a Skid for the 75-2500 motor.

I might as well put the White in my 75-7600 hardware.
Maybe I should call it a M-1850ww :) and really add to the confusion....
The 7600 hardware is due for a couple new loads anyhow..

If I do the Pink, give me three motor sizes you would want it in..
Thanks Paul

Back