Help for Student Flight Computer

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SuperNova-Rocketry

Reaction score
Hello,
I am a member of a student team and we are currently trying to make a custom flight computer (arduino based) and we are hoping to work our way to a flight computer with GPS, Telemetry, a altimeter, an accelerometer for motor characterisation and 4 pyro channels (1 for apogee, 1 for main and 2 for other events) We would also like to make a ground station for this which can give us real time statistics of the rocket.

I know it’s a long way away but we have more than a year to make it, and 3-4 people to work on it. We will definetly take it in steps by making smaller computers first, we wanted to just make our first computer a replica of the EasyMini by altus metrum.

We wanted to see if a more experienced member of the forum with experience making computers could give our team an introduction in a separate group (we would create maybe a zoom meeting or if that’s not possible just a email to read to the team) to help us get started and give us some idea of what we are doing because to be frank, the news for the last 4 months with the Avionics team has been ‘Yeah we did some work’ but with no work to show. I understand their level of commitment to the project might be less than others but I wanted to see if guidance would help them get kickstarted.

Last edited:
What function would you like the flight computer to perform?
I’m very sorry, I just realised I only wrote the first 2 lines of the opening message, i’ll change it now, but to answer your question we are hoping to (eventually) make a flight computer with GPS, Telemetry, a altimeter, an accelerometer for motor characterisation and 4 pyro channels (1 for apogee, 1 for main and 2 for other events) We would also like to make a ground station for this which can give us real time statistics of the rocket.

I know it’s a long way away but we have more than a year to make it, and 3-4 people to work on it. We will definetly take it in steps by making smaller computers first, we wanted to just make our first computer a replica of the EasyMini by altus metrum.

Latest posts

Back