AMW Inc. looking for ideas.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rrocket

Reaction score
rrocket

AMW looking for ideas.
All right Guys & Girls.

Time to help the Zoo Keepers out..So we can better serve you!!

We are coming out shortly with White Wolf in the 38/390 and 64o casing.
Yes, we also plan on putting the skid in the 390 case.

Those are next for certification shortly..

In spite of large cost increases in raw material, we are doing our best to help out in this high gas priced slow economy, by holding to our ancient prices!!

With your continued support, maybe we can keep prices down..
Simple, buy more, and it helps us with our cost..

So her's a question..

Now please, NO weird, one of a kind stuff..

What would you want us to make for our great customer base, that MOST everybody would buy??

Ps We are also putting the WW in the 98/17500 case, and a limited amount of Skid in that case as well..

Do you want us to put WW in the 75mm-7600 case??

We are looking into producing a certified O motor in 6"
It will be our typical DOM(Mill Run) tubing, with VERY high quality graphite nozzles..
It will be a lighter /stronger casing than what most Research people are offering..
Parts will be CNC machined, so there will be direct interchange from motor to motor.
Just like we now have.

The first motor will probably be about 48" long, and we will do Blue, and perhaps a "High Gain"propellant(and you thought we were running out of propellant choices:)
I think we still have 4 propellants classified, that few have seen!!
ISP will be over 245.

We are also looking at supplying High Quality components to the research group.. Hard to fight city hall:)

They might cost a couple dollars more, but you will be getting a Custom/High quality items..
This will probably be a separate division..

Also, thinking of trying to start to plan a "personal project.".
Heck it's been OVER 10 years ago,that we flew the first sucessful full "OuR" motor R-21,000.
Some how; over a Million NS has a nice sound to it??

We need to do something, that will be remembered in another 10 years!!
How bout some thoughts, and of course we will be looking for a few "Good Persons" to assist..

Now, that should keep you with plenty to think about.
Don't be shy, all ideas are welcome..

The chief Zookeper is (getting bored!!) :)

Again thanks to "ALL" of you for the great support, and making this one of our best years so far!!

Maybe we can double it next year..With you help..

Yes, you very patient people in Kalifornia should see some wild animals in your state also..

Thanks in advance for some feedback with your thoughts..

Paul Robinson , Keeper of the animals...

As far as Europe is concerned I'm sure a favourite would be to get your products CE marked and into the European market. We would love to see your products this side of the pond.

• See if you can beat AT to the punch with a 29MM Green Gorilla
  • Heck, do anything in 29MM (I won't hold my breath for a Skid)
  • Two words - Purple Parrot!

Remember - you guys are New England based - There is not a lot of big fields that classic Animals can fly from. Oft times we are resticted to H (or even G) and below.

I'll second the Purple Parrot...

How about a no frills recipe? There has been alot of talk about the fact that all the consumer wants is "eye candy" recipe propellants...this is true :) But how about an all out performance propellant? There are varieties for bowling ball lifting :rolleyes: anvil tossing...whatever, but maybe an all performance based propellant for reaching high altitudes :)

Which leads me to your project idea...why not reach for SPACE! on your high altitude propellant recipe?:cool:

Yes, bring out some research based hardware.

Johnnie

You keep talking big - yes, it's impressive and will be remembered in 10 years, but it will not expand your customer base or get people to buy more. There are far more L1 flyers then L3 flyers - how about some smaller 38's or even 29's? Throw some H's out there, and I'd be glad to pick them up! I love seeing your motors fly, but there's only like two or three loads that I can actually fly, and that's in two casings if I'm not mistaken. I like having alot of variety in one casing - expand the 38 line!

How about 54 and 75 forward closures that will accept tracking grains (like what you have for the 38mm)? And of course the tracking grains to go with.

...Fred

29mm, H and I class motors

Colors are cool, but I would rather have a nice slow lift off slowly building to an ear ripping mach flight.

Thanks, John

Paul,

Great job on the "old" products, as well as the new stuff. My favorite "new product" since getting into HPR in the mid 90's is the 38mm skids with delays. Brings the best effects propellant to the masses; thanks!

I agree with the requests for 29mm motors. A few loads for the 29-310 case (15.1" length) would be great, providing a mid range H skid and some baby I green, Red, and ST loads.

I would imagine a 6" case that housed an O would be an attention getter. Due to the size and cost, sales volume would be relatively low, however the Cesaroni O is the only competition. I would suspect that the hardware would be popular for those wanting to fly both the AMW loads as well as their own Research loads. An O6300Sk would be a welcome addition!

The WW load for the 75-7600 case would be great as well. I suspect the M2200 would still be the big seller, but a white load with a higher ISP would be a great complement to the GG and ST loads for the case.

Whatever you choose, great job on the product line. I have all the 38 and 54 cases, the 75-3500 and 6000, and the 98-11000. We're planning an all AMW flight of our 12" Nike Smoke in Spring comprised of an N2600GG off the pad, airstarting 4 K1000Sk's. Should be a nice maiden flight.

-Eric-

I would like to see a couple long burn reloads. No need for new hardware or new propellants, maybe just a different grain configuration.

For example, would it be possible to have a c-slot or a moonburner for the 76-7600 hardware that would use the nozzle from the 76-6000 motor, or even from the 76-3500??

Would be nice to have something from AMW with a 6 to 8 second burn time :D

I second the long burn motors. Some of us like to see how high we can get the rockets and there are plenty of "don't blink or you'll miss it" formulations now. 38 and 54mm long burn motors! Maybe one in each motor level for single stage i.e. full H, full I, full j etc. and then maybe something inbetween to give some flexibility when looking at staged flights.

Agreed. Long burn would be great. Can't wait to hear about the project.

definately 29mm...not a lot of huge fields out here in new england (as has been stated), so i'd love to get my AMW fix without losing my rocket. lol.

Originally posted by rrocket
rrocket

The first motor will probably be about 48" long, and we will do Blue, and perhaps a "High Gain"propellant(and you thought we were running out of propellant choices:)
I think we still have 4 propellants classified, that few have seen!!
ISP will be over 245.

Over 245? Can't wait to see that! :D

How about long burn motors? Something for the upper stages or really light airframes would make things interesting.

Personally, as much as I like the big stuff, what I really fly the most of is the 38mm stuff. Come out with more of that, and I'll fly more of the Animals. A ~240-260Ns case would be perfect - I would snap it up in an instant. It would become my most flown animal in all likelihood. As for larger stuff, I would like to see some longer burns if possible. Some 38/640 or 54mm loads that burned for >4 seconds would be awesome.

Originally posted by Daedalus
As far as Europe is concerned I'm sure a favourite would be to get your products CE marked and into the European market. We would love to see your products this side of the pond.
I'll second that! :D

I agree 29 and espeicially 38mm is a need. Like to see some long burn 38's. I'm just getting into mid/high power and I looked at your line up and decided to go with Cessaroni. I like your bigger loads, fun to watch, really impressive but on a launch to launch basis it's way more money than I want to spend. I may get a L3 one day and would suspect I might fly it 2-3 times per year. Each month I plan to fly many 29's and 38's.:)

Paul, the areas to expand and grow in my opinion that I would love to see is the other colors like the Black Bear and the Purple Parrot. Also 29mm is a popular size but I could understand why you maybe dont do them. I do belive that having more options in 38mm as they are very popular size and a great seller. I would love some real cool long burn motors from 5 to 10 seconds from 38mm all the way to 98mm motors. Back in the day, when you did Kosdon East you had quite an extensive list of motors that you made and the different sizes and loads throughout 29mm and Up were awesome. Some of the sizes I miss was the BIG 38mm and the Xtra large 54mm motors.. ((bigger then the 2550 case for 54mm I think it was the 3300ns and 5200ns cases in 54mm ) What awesome loads they were. (Hmm there goes my age.. Anyhow.) I also love the idea of the O motor. Heck I would fly one.. I am For those that want WAY more push thats great I support that as well. I would beings that I just bought 98mm hardware (both cases) love to see some more variaity in those. Love to see some Red and Black bear and Purple Parrot. Man a big 98mm Super Tiger would be awesome!!!

For me I say

more 38mm motors and loads

Long burn motors from 38mm to 98mm 5 to 10 sec burn times.

Black Bear and Purple Parrot Propellants

Bring back some of the BIG nasty cases and loads for 54mm and 38mm The ultra long ones..

Yes Bring on the O motors!!!

And more loads for the 98mm stuff as well. Like Super Tiger and Purple parrot and Black Bear.. ( I do like the Idea of the BIG White Wolf loads as well as a big Skidmark)

Back