Yoyodyne Aerospace Klingon Quantum Torpedo

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billeblurzz

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Here is a mini-review from the "mind of DYNASOAR" sold exclusively through REBAR-ROCKETRY: KLINGON QUANTUM TORPEDO!....layout of the parts!:)

My beta kit was one of the first....black and white header card. The model is depicted as a "counterpart" to the PHOTON DISRUPTOR!...."representing the DARK SIDE!":confused:

I confess I deviated slightly from the build instructions....instead of open tubes around the center section, which do look cool...I closed the ends with leftover caps from centering rings to simulate boosters.:)

The paint scheme showed all silver for the lower section and the tubes which would be easier than the orange fins and silver tubes requiring painting before attaching. The build directions called for fillets along the tanks also....but I went with the individual look of the tanks....also thought about making "drop-away" boosters out of these!;) Yea, those are borrowed decals from one of my extra OUTLANDERS!;)

While I may have deviated slighty from the stock scheme....exciting kits do spark the imagination....there may be numerous possibilities to this kit! I LIKE it!:)

I usually like to launch late in the day....less wind and better launch pictures....but some R\C fliers have been coming out later. The wind was low in the morning, so this was about 10:30 am. Liftoff on a D12-5: little early!

Super straight-up liftoff....good coast after burnout....one of the better D12 launches I have ever had!:) I was a little concerned with the small mylar supplied chute....used a larger nylon one....but I like the ORANGE MYLAR and it has quality KEVLAR shrouds, so since I passed my first flight, I will try it for the COOL factor! Nice profile in recovery!:D

No ESTES DENTS, FLISKIT POKES (yea Jim, you have made the BIG TIME!);) ....a perfect flight! This is a unique-quality kit!:) ....Since I have completed this beta-test....can I keep it???:eek:

Originally posted by billEblurzz
No ESTES DENTS, FLISKIT POKES (yea Jim, you have made the BIG TIME!);) ....a perfect flight! This is a unique-quality kit!:) ....Since I have completed this beta-test....can I keep it???:eek:

Only if you promise to fly it.

BTW, the prototype has flown on F21-8s. But I used a nylon chute for those flights myself since I expected a higher speed deployment.

Back