Your thoughts and opinions on UPS strike

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Package Car...aka UPS delivery vehicle.
Air Can...transport container for aircraft they are shaped to fit the interior of an aircraft, we had "A" cans that were full width of airframe, "B" cans that were 1/2 A cans, and "D" cans that were shaped to fir under the main load deck of an airplane (cargo hold on a passenger aircraft, where the luggage normally goes).

The delivery driver has 45 minutes to unload, weigh, and cube (measure) each package and get it loaded into a "air can" so it can again be weighed, and the loadmaster can start loading the aircraft.

I think the first sentence really needs a bit of cleanup, it looks like auto-defect got the better of it.
Thank you, Rich.

It's *your* paragraph that makes no sense. It's like the rules of grammar just took a vacation. Care to explain what you were trying to say? For example, what does "Everything day we hit with a shipment of pandora." mean? Or "We only about 45 minutes once the package car gets to ups to load in the air cans that go to the airport." The last sentence is the only one that parses intelligibly. "Everything is rush, rush, rush." I'm able to follow the thread. It's making sense of nonsense that eludes
I apologize if I explained it in a way you could not comprehend. Let me elaborate for you.
Every day we are hit with a shipment of Pandora is like being caught in a fast-paced relay race. Once the package car arrives at UPS, we have only about 45 minutes to quickly load the air cans that will be transported to the airport. It's a constant rush, rush, rush to ensure efficient and timely deliveries.

Here are some pictures to further more help you understand.
All the white packages are pandora(the name of the company) that didn’t make it into the aircans. Either because they came too late or the aircans were at max capacity.

Attachments

• C29DE909-4744-4EF8-817A-1527C0E53672.jpeg
    C29DE909-4744-4EF8-817A-1527C0E53672.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • 9B43D975-81A9-4D35-825D-AB2B96B3596A.jpeg
    9B43D975-81A9-4D35-825D-AB2B96B3596A.jpeg
    665.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 458E1F16-BDC6-4305-BE1B-35983F3D80DC.jpeg
    458E1F16-BDC6-4305-BE1B-35983F3D80DC.jpeg
    1,008.9 KB · Views: 0
@Five i didn't understand it either..

those words / terms may make sense to you (and maybe others at UPS / in the shipping industry) but to regular 'Joes', it reads like some bad translation* / drunken text..

Know your audience.. write for your audience..

* read it aloud, but add a French, German, Indian, or some other foriegn accent.. :D

I apologize if I explained it in a way you could not comprehend. Let me elaborate for you.
Every day we are hit with a shipment of Pandora is like being caught in a fast-paced relay race. Once the package car arrives at UPS, we have only about 45 minutes to quickly load the air cans that will be transported to the airport. It's a constant rush, rush, rush to ensure efficient and timely deliveries.

Here are some pictures to further more help you understand.
All the white packages are pandora(the name of the company) that didn’t make it into the aircans. Either because they came too late or the aircans were at max capacity.
I understood, once Rich explained it in proper English. Thank you and bless your pea-picking heart.

@Five i didn't understand it either..

those words / terms may make sense to you (and maybe others at UPS / in the shipping industry) but to regular 'Joes', it reads like some bad translation* / drunken text..

Know your audience.. write for your audience..

* read it aloud, but add a French, German, Indian, or some other foriegn accent.. :D
One can also say, know your thread, before commenting.

I would propose that the customers vote for which employees get the benefits and which do not. At my house we receive packages from USPS, UPS and Amazon. USPS and Amazon take care in their deliveries, UPS does not. Based on service received I would vote that my UPS driver be put back to minimum wage and his salary be given to my USPS driver and my Amazon driver.

I would propose that the customers vote for which employees get the benefits and which do not. At my house we receive packages from USPS, UPS and Amazon. USPS and Amazon take care in their deliveries, UPS does not. Based on service received I would vote that my UPS driver be put back to minimum wage and his salary be given to my USPS driver and my Amazon driver.
And my experience is that UPS is the only one that takes care and USPS and Amazon fail to follow simple directions (Amazon) or quit just because it got dark (USPS).

YMMV

I avoid reading threads like this but somehow my willpower is severely lacking today.

My response to UPS and now UAW workers threatening to strike .... If you don't like the compensation you receive then go find a better job elsewhere. Nobody is forcing you to work for this company that you feel is treating you unfairly. Unemployment rates are still near historic lows.

The list of UAW demands is laughable. Give us back the pensions that crippled the entire US auto industry. We want guaranteed jobs. We want to be able to strike when you close a plant. We want to work less. And the list goes on. Why not also ask the company to buy a private island and make it an exclusive destination for union members?

Back