What Kits do you consider "MUST HAVE'S"???

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can probably keep the Boosted Bertha below that with a pair of A motors.
No. "B" at least. I had a stock Big Bertha, and she barely cleared the Launch rod on an A8-3 -- no way a booster version is going to have the thrust to move that much weight with an A motor. Weigh your rockets. Know how many grams it is and what grams can be lifted by a particular motor. Estes actually has a chart.

Well, Must Have? I can only pick my favorites. Which ones never fail to bring a face hurting smile with every flight? I don't want every kit ever made.... that would be crazy. I only want the ones I don't have yet.

Lpr Big Bertha. Back in the day, my local hobby store charged the same for A, B, and C class motors. Naturally, bigger is always better. Bertha C6-5 flights always within sight, always recovered. Today I have a Super BB in 24mm.

Mpr Partizon. Not a stand out, just a frequent flyer. I put a quark in all of my mid power for DD at the park. Jolly Logic release also makes this size class fly in small fields but without the added complexity.

Hpr 3" Dark Star. If I could have only one hpr, this would be it. Versatile fast I thru baby L motor choices. Easy pop up 1K to Mach buster 10K plus. Looks cool on the pad and in the air.

Latest posts

Back