WANTED: Beta testers for the next release of OpenRocket

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just downloaded 23.09. Multiple bugs:

Doesn't show Optimum Delay in Flight Simulations​
Doesn't show Apogee, Max. Velocity or Max. Acceleration in pictorial representation view​
3D Figure, 3D Unfinished and 3D Finished views don't work​

I'm switching back to 22.02
Optimum delay bug has been fixed.
Don't know if the fix for the optimum delay bug also solves this bug @JoePfeiffer? In any case, would be helpful if you could provide extra information (which steps did you take to reproduce the bug, include the .ork file,...) so we can fix it.
3D bug has also been fixed.

Don't know if the fix for the optimum delay bug also solves this bug @JoePfeiffer? In any case, would be helpful if you could provide extra information (which steps did you take to reproduce the bug, include the .ork file,...) so we can fix it.
I'd previously responded to him, but now I can't find my response... anyway, I think what's happening with some events not showing up in the plot is you can configure which ones you want to see.

I'd previously responded to him, but now I can't find my response... anyway, I think what's happening with some events not showing up in the plot is you can configure which ones you want to see.

Thanks fellas.

I re-uploaded 23.09. The optimum delay did indeed populate once I re-ran all simulations, as well as the Apogee, Max. Velocity and Max. Acceleration.​

None of the 3d figures work, clicking on them generates an "Uncaught Exceptions" and ques the "View Bug Report" window.​

Group select by colour issue. 23.09 beta1
Created a nosecone from multiple bits. Gave Nosecone and all transitions as part of the group the same colour. It will select the transitions as a group. But not the nosecone and transitions as a group export or group OBJ export.
You can create a nosecone as a transition with a 0mm opening at front and group will export.

Group select by colour issue. 23.09 beta1
Created a nosecone from multiple bits. Gave Nosecone and all transitions as part of the group the same colour. It will select the transitions as a group. But not the nosecone and transitions as a group export or group OBJ export.
You can create a nosecone as a transition with a 0mm opening at front and group will export.
Can you post the ORK and describe the exact series of steps you are taking?

Can you post the ORK and describe the exact series of steps you are taking?
1:-
Transitions as a nosecone. First transition set to opening of 0. Colour set for all components as identical. Group select by colour and OBJ export of group works. File OpenRocketTransitionsAsNosecone. OK The group select highlights all objects in the group

2:-
Create first part of nosecone by selecting Nosecone and grouping previous transition components behind.
Nosecone and all components given the same colour. Will not group select nosecone and other components by colour.
File OpenRocketNosecone andTransitionsAsNoseconeTest

So transitions of same colour will select together with other transitions only. Nosecone will NOT select with any other components of same colour. Bodytube will select with fins of same colour but not transitions or nosecones. But will not highlight that group colour selection in the View window.
You can select the full sustainer and export obj that way.

Attachments

• OpenRocketTransitionsAsNoseconeTest.ork
    884 bytes · Views: 0
  • OpenRocketNosecone andTransitionsAsNoseconeTest.ork
    917 bytes · Views: 0
Last edited:
Here's a new one. basic 4 fin rocket. Shows more fins visually when component analysis is open. Unsure if its affecting actual number of fins. ORK Attached.
edit: wind direction is changing the rotational viewing angle......
Selection_751.jpgSelection_750.jpg

Attachments

• test rocket full M.ork
    1.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Here's a new one. basic 4 fin rocket. Shows more fins visually when component analysis is open. Unsure if its affecting actual number of fins. ORK Attached.
edit: wind direction is changing the rotational viewing angle......
View attachment 614581View attachment 614582
This is normal behavior. It does not show more fins, the view is just rotated based on the "Wind direction" setting, which is set to 37° in your screenshot - this is done automatically since the "Worst" button is enabled.

This is normal behavior. It does not show more fins, the view is just rotated based on the "Wind direction" setting, which is set to 37° in your screenshot - this is done automatically since the "Worst" button is enabled.
I don't ever remember setting the wind direction at 37deg(rotation) And this is a clean new rocket design. Built from scratch. If the wind direction had been set to 0, I wouldn't have noticed it. Then if I had changed the wind direction and it had changed view angle , it wouldn't have bothered me. Probably...
I'll leave it with you guys. Or not.. :)

I don't ever remember setting the wind direction at 37deg(rotation) And this is a clean new rocket design. Built from scratch. If the wind direction had been set to 0, I wouldn't have noticed it. Then if I had changed the wind direction and it had changed view angle , it wouldn't have bothered me. Probably...
I'll leave it with you guys. Or not.. :)
Like I said in the last part of my sentence: The "Worst" button next to the rotation slider is enabled. This sets the wind direction to the worst-case scenario value, in your case 37°.

Ah I see..
I had no idea that where it said WORST, was a button. There was no pointer change or box greying when I went over it.
Curious as to why 37 deg is worst for 4 fins and not 45deg. Also most rockets would tend to rotate.

1:-
Transitions as a nosecone. First transition set to opening of 0. Colour set for all components as identical. Group select by colour and OBJ export of group works. File OpenRocketTransitionsAsNosecone. OK The group select highlights all objects in the group

2:-
Create first part of nosecone by selecting Nosecone and grouping previous transition components behind.
Nosecone and all components given the same colour. Will not group select nosecone and other components by colour.
File OpenRocketNosecone andTransitionsAsNoseconeTest

So transitions of same colour will select together with other transitions only. Nosecone will NOT select with any other components of same colour. Bodytube will select with fins of same colour but not transitions or nosecones. But will not highlight that group colour selection in the View window.
You can select the full sustainer and export obj that way.
Just pushed a PR on GitHub to fix this issue. The problem was that the nose cone and transition both had the default appearance box checked, but the color selection code was deliberately written to only check for components of the same type as the currently selected component when the currently selected component had the default material set.

Back