Trojan Hybrids.....

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by Anthony Cesaroni
Tom,

Spend a bit of extra money and buy the "good" drugs. :)

Anthony J. Cesaroni
President/CEO
Cesaroni Technology/Cesaroni Aerospace
https://www.cesaronitech.com/
(941) 360-3100 x101 Sarasota
(905) 887-2370 x222 Toronto

Anthony,
I take quite a bit of offense to this post.
Tom Sanders

Originally posted by WiK
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From the Trojan Motors website
More Cost Effective

Compare the costs of HyperTEK® Brand Grains to the new Trojan Reloads, and you will see that for a 54mm HyperTEK® Grain will cost you $33.00 for a Standard Grain or $44.00 for the EFX Grain. The Trojan Grains are priced at $30.00 for any of the fuels. The 75mm and 98mm Grains are also priced significantly below the HyperTEK® Reload Prices as well.

Last time I checked, HyperTek fuel grains shipped with a nozzle included.

Anthony J. Cesaroni
President/CEO

Tom: My definition of high performance rocket motor is that it gets my rocket the highest. If one motor gets my rocket to 1100 feet quickly, and another identically sized motor gets the same rocket to 2100 feet a little slower (though it would probably have a higher top speed too), the one that I consider higher performance is the one that gets it higher.

Example: One of my rockets has flown on both an I600 and a K550. The I600 was NOTICEABLY faster off the pad, but do I consider it the higher performance motor? No. The K is clearly higher performance. This is a bit of an extreme example, but it shows what I am talking about.

Originally posted by Trojan_Motors
Anthony,
I take quite a bit of offense to this post.
Tom Sanders

Your apparent lack of empathy for anyone else aside, sorry I hurt your feelings.

Like I said, keep it up.

Anthony J. Cesaroni
President/CEO

Originally posted by Nate
that example is rather odd. when someone starts with a Honda, and then adds all kinds of fancy stuff on, bigger exhausts, turbofans, different airfilters etc, the manufacturer doesn't get mad because those tuners then don't go around trying to sell that Honda under their own company...there's a tad bit of a difference there.

and yes, touting your own points while not mentioning your competitors is a great way to drum up business, but flat out bashing only one of many competitors is rude any way you cut it. this has nothing to do with business, I never said advertising your strengths, while saying it's better than competitors was a bad idea, but you only mention ONE other competitor. It's very obvious who you're trying to steal sales from, and there's no way you can argue otherwise!

Does Honda go after The Part Manufactures?
Greddy, K&N, MSD, Brembo, Hooker etc.?
Nope...

Think of Trojan Motors as Aftermarket Parts.

Do you see Greddy Saying "Your Car w/ this fatty Hairdryer of a Turbo is going to get 1/2 the MPG As it did before, but have a cool whizzing sound and HP to boot?"

Probably not. They concentrate on the good points.

Does Kia say in their Advertisements...

This 4 Door Full Size Car costs $8000... But you better have tools on hand, because there is some assembly required? Nope, they concentrate on the good points (cost).

Does Walmart say in their advertisements...

"Shop at Walmart, you can't find a better price anywhere... but to ensure we have low prices we cut staff and don’t compensate employees... There may also be pee on the floor"

Does Harbor Freight say in their Advertisements...

"Harbor Freight, Prices so cheep you can't afford to pass up these deals.... But As soon as you take it out of the box it will probably be broken. If it isn't broken as soon as you take it out of the package, you were the lucky one".

And Regarding Naming out one Competitor... How about the only competitor? No one else is currently using a separate tank. That’s like Ford putting something about Suzuki or Kawasaki Motorcycles in their advertisement? I haven’t seen that before.

The Other Manufactures offer different products. Products which I don't see as being direct competition to the Trojan Motors.

Ford would not compare themselves to SeaDoo... The Products are different.
Trojans don't need to be compared to SRS because they are different!
HT Doesn't compare themselves to AT... Because they are different!

why did your mommy never compare you to other little boys? because you're different!
why do your responses always say the same thing, and never really return to the point originally made?

seriously, I've re-iterated myself enough on here, you keep bringing up the same points no matter what anyone else says. anyone who has an on the fence stance towards your company I'm sure can make an informed decision in one direction or another on their own. I'm not going to keep arguing the same crap when intellegent points made by numerous members are repeatedly ignored...

Originally posted by cjl
Tom: My definition of high performance rocket motor is that it gets my rocket the highest. If one motor gets my rocket to 1100 feet quickly, and another identically sized motor gets the same rocket to 2100 feet a little slower (though it would probably have a higher top speed too), the one that I consider higher performance is the one that gets it higher.

Example: One of my rockets has flown on both an I600 and a K550. The I600 was NOTICEABLY faster off the pad, but do I consider it the higher performance motor? No. The K is clearly higher performance. This is a bit of an extreme example, but it shows what I am talking about.
The Nice thing about your definition is that it is "Yours".

John and Jane may have a different definition which goes something like:

"I don't care to much about how high my rocket goes, I just want to see it pull 50 G's!"

Or Martha who says she likes:
"To Loft Really Big Heavy Rockets with Smallish Motors"

Or Henry who says:
"I want my rocket to look really cool on the way up... As long as it has some pretty sparks and makes noise, I don't care how high it goes"

Thank You for Sharing your definition with us cjl... Some people like different things, that’s what makes this hobby so great!

When the H-999 Came out, how many people jumped to put it in their Cirus Dart?

Even CJL has said:
Originally posted by cjl
Yep - great motors :)
Lots of nice thick smoke. Look pretty easy to light too.

I think one is destined for my BBX after they come out - it flies great to ~5100 feet on the K550W. Should get at least 4800+ on the K570...

My dad likes the smokeys too, and he has the cert, so it's always good to keep the dad happy :)

If the K-550 is going to get your rocket higher than the K-570 why waste the time with the K-570? Maybe because you will sacrifice altitude for effect? It isn't going to get your rocket as high as the K-550... Soooo why is it? Maybe because it isn't always about ISP, and How High your rocket will go?

Originally posted by k2unit

Tom...........Without a doubt you've set a NEW LOW in manufacturer relations!

[/B]

CUSTOMER relations is more important. As far I can tell, I haven't heard a single instance of a problem in this area wrt Contrail.

I needed some brake pads for my Porshe 911 (which I've since sold.) I went to the dealer. They were out & couldn't have them for a day or two. I got "compatible' ones at an autoparts supplier. They went in fine and they stopped the car. Then I had to push things a little and found that the car didn't brake as well as it originally did. I got a set of Porsche brake pads and it performed as well as it did previously.

There are things that can be improved upon with adaquate R&D but without it, maybe it will be better but there's just as good a chance without some testing, you'll be trying that airbag on for comfort.

Tom, can you give some insite into your R&D process and methodologies for creating your better than stock Hypertek loads? I'm not asking for specific proprietary information. Can you describe it in general terms?

In my experience, in most cases, if you want something that rides like a Cadillac, you're better off to buy the real deal rather than something compatible that the used car salesman says is more comfortable, is faster and handles better.

BTW - I don't find your constantly comparing yourself to Hypertek that upsetting. From your site, I get the impression that you consider Hypertek to ge the gold standard of hybrids. I'm sure many people will look at your site and decide to go with the real deal.

If I were you, I'd be making AT compatible hybrid reloads. People have the hardware and for whatever reasons, AT has not made loads for them in years. That market is ripe. Anyone know why AT isn't making loads for them? Gary??

Look at all the great marketing advice and opportunites you are getting here.

Phil

Does Honda go after The Part Manufactures?
Greddy, K&N, MSD, Brembo, Hooker etc.?
Nope...

Think of Trojan Motors as Aftermarket Parts.

Do you see Greddy Saying "Your Car w/ this fatty Hairdryer of a Turbo is going to get 1/2 the MPG As it did before, but have a cool whizzing sound and HP to boot?"

Probably not. They concentrate on the good points.

Does Kia say in their Advertisements...

This 4 Door Full Size Car costs $8000... But you better have tools on hand, because there is some assembly required? Nope, they concentrate on the good points (cost).

Does Walmart say in their advertisements...

"Shop at Walmart, you can't find a better price anywhere... but to ensure we have low prices we cut staff and don’t compensate employees... There may also be pee on the floor"

Does Harbor Freight say in their Advertisements...

"Harbor Freight, Prices so cheep you can't afford to pass up these deals.... But As soon as you take it out of the box it will probably be broken. If it isn't broken as soon as you take it out of the package, you were the lucky one".

And Regarding Naming out one Competitor... How about the only competitor? No one else is currently using a separate tank. That’s like Ford putting something about Suzuki or Kawasaki Motorcycles in their advertisement? I haven’t seen that before.

The Other Manufactures offer different products. Products which I don't see as being direct competition to the Trojan Motors.

Ford would not compare themselves to SeaDoo... The Products are different.
Trojans don't need to be compared to SRS because they are different!
HT Doesn't compare themselves to AT... Because they are different!

Originally posted by jderimig
CUSTOMER relations is more important. As far I can tell, I haven't heard a single instance of a problem in this area wrt Contrail.

Very True.
Does it matter how Anthony, Korey, or Edward like or dislike me? Not really...

Does it matter what our customers think?
Absolutely!

Do I expect to sell items to Anthony, Korey, or Edward? No I don't. The Customer is always right is a very valid and true statement!

I have never heard someone say "The Competition of the Company who sold to the Customer is always right..."

Tom

but word of mouth does travel fast.

I guess in the end only time will tell...

Edit: that's odd, I just realized this is also #250 in the thread... wasn't there talk of a prize or something? I'll give myself a high-five :)

Sticking with the car theme, at least the various car manufacturers all understand what "MPG" means....

-Kevin

Originally posted by PStein
I needed some brake pads for my Porshe 911 (which I've since sold.) I went to the dealer. They were out & couldn't have them for a day or two. I got "compatible' ones at an autoparts supplier. They went in fine and they stopped the car. Then I had to push things a little and found that the car didn't brake as well as it originally did. I got a set of Porsche brake pads and it performed as well as it did previously.

There are things that can be improved upon with adaquate R&D but without it, maybe it will be better but there's just as good a chance without some testing, you'll be trying that airbag on for comfort.

I am not really familiar with Porsche Cars. But I know the 911 is nice. I would figure they do quite a bit of R&D on the Brakes and Engine. Don’t Some Porsche 911’s Come with Brembo’s. 911 GT3’s maybe? I might have that confused with another car maker out there. But I digress…

Not all Aftermarket Parts are better than OEM. Just as all OEM Parts are not as good as some aftermarket parts.

Take Some of the newer “Aftermarket/OEM” stuff like TRD, Mugen, or SVT… They are “Aftermarket” but still made by the company. And often recognized as a Higher Performance Alternative.

Tom, can you give some insite into your R&D process and methodologies for creating your better than stock Hypertek loads? I'm not asking for specific proprietary information. Can you describe it in general terms?

Phil, I would be happy to give a synopsis on how we came from nothing on the Trojans to Ready for Cert. Hang with me here, I am going to start “talking out loud”.

Back during I think it was Thanksgiving of 2005 we were sitting around discussing “Increasing Market Share”… We threw around a lot of ideas. One which came up was how AC used AT Cases for Certing Pro 75 and 98’s. There was also some talk around that time somewhere around cross compatibility of hardware… I think it was AMW and Loki Hardware that was discussed. Knowing we didn’t want to get into Ap motors, we brainstormed of ideas. There are tons! We keep a book full of them. My Dad writes literally everything down in these things. It really helps when you go back to look at things from the past.

We discussed a few other topics and product ideas… Some time later we revisited the idea of cross compatibility. We [Tom and Tom] were talking about some stuff and my dad said “What about this?!” And I immediately said something like “Nooooooo, but YES!” We talked for a while about it and I immediately sat down to run some numbers on what “could be done”. It looked like it was defiantly possible and we invested some more time into it.

Some ruff drawing were done, and ideas just tossed around. Me and My dad do that a lot… Ideas bounce back and forth, get fine tuned and polished. Like those polishing tumblers. You drop a bunch of rocks in and let them stir around for a while and something comes out all shiny.

We got some HT Tanks to work with, test out and prototype with. Some prototypes were made, and refinements made. New tools ordered and more parts machined.

To be honest, one of the harder parts of the Trojan Motors was venting… We didn’t want to have to re-use the HT Vent in the Trojans, and We didn’t want to have them soldered like the HT Vents either. They still are probably the hardest part of the Trojans. Small Offset hole, and VERY Small Tap.

The first “Production” Trojan part rolled off the line and we were very happy. It looked great.

Testing and Reproducing the other parts are something else all together.

Testing (in an R&D sense)…
Testing is all together different. We can’t sit down on a piece of paper and say this is what a motor will do with 100% certainty. We have a pretty good idea I think, but the motors have to be fired. Over the past few years we have came up with Spreadsheets to make things faster, parameters which we try and keep the motors within, and a big book of information on each motor design.

Testing is more of a brute force effort. We are the city’s number 1 Nitrous Oxide user. Probably the County even. We generally have about 10 K Cylinders on hand at all times incase we decide to test a lot of motors in a short period of time. I think we have 11 on hand right now, but there is some testing coming up soon…

To Test we just go out and test, and analyze the data. We have multiple load cells all the way up to 4000# Cells. We have a mobile test stand which makes set up and take down quite a bit faster… Just drive it out to the test site Hook up the Motors and Fire away. We prep all the motors before hand so we don’t have to sit out in the desert for long periods of time.

When Testing we figured it would be best to test a lot of motors at once, so we made a lot of hardware for us to use. We have upwards of 6 Full 38mm and 54mm Systems with Extra Nozzles so we can fire all the cases w/o any tearing apart etc. 3 Full 75mm Systems and 2 98mm Systems. We had 2 152mm Systems as well until LDRS. Now we have 1.

We fire a lot of motors! LOTS! The More the Better! They don’t all have great ISP… Some of the Fuels we have developed have better ISP Than others, and we know that… As mentioned before, we have Manufacture Demo Status on the Platinum Performance Fuel we have developed which is really a great propellant for those looking for High Total impulse motors! It gives just that! High Total impulse.

Some motors are tested more than others… some motors need more testing than others. “Exotic” motors need more testing than something “not so exotic”. The Motors on the “extremes” are the ones that get the most testing. By Extremes I mean stuff like the I-747, and J-800… Or the J-242/J-222… They would be more likely to have more testing than a J-333 for example. If the J-222 and J-555 Both work well, it isn’t’ to hard to figure out after a few fires that the J-333 is fine as well.

People have asked why isn’t there any 38mm/48Inch Slow Motors… The Answer R&D… They don’t work reliably. I would venture a guess that about over ½ the time spent with Contrails over the past 2 years has been spent on R&D.

In my experience, in most cases, if you want something that rides like a Cadillac, you're better off to buy the real deal rather than something compatible that the used car salesman says is more comfortable, is faster and handles better.

Sometimes this is the case. Sometimes a Cadillac isn’t for everyone. But those other companies wouldn’t stay in business selling other parts if it were not for people who have different opinions. Are Contrail/Trojan Motors for Everyone… No, but that’s what is so nice about options. Some people want the Toyota Prius, or Honda Fit. Some people want the Corvette. Some people want a Caddy, Some want a Lambo… To Each his own.

BTW - I don't find your constantly comparing yourself to Hypertek that upsetting. From your site, I get the impression that you consider Hypertek to ge the gold standard of hybrids. I'm sure many people will look at your site and decide to go with the real deal.

I do think of Hypertek very highly. The Work done by Korey and AC and all those involved is great. They are very smart people, and have done great things for the hobby. Back in 1994 and 1995 when the development of HPR Hybrids by Aerotech and Hypertek were going on I was still a kid. They paved the way. If people decide that they would rather fly HT over Trojans that is perfectly fine! Just as if someone didn’t want to fly Contrail Motors and decided to go with Ratt or SRS… They are both great products. No one product is right for every flyer. Can you think of 1 product in HPR That people don’t have an option for something similar?
Multiple Motor Manufactures, Electronics Makers, Parachute Makers, Kit Manufactures etc. Options are Good!

If I were you, I'd be making AT compatible hybrid reloads. People have the hardware and for whatever reasons, AT has not made loads for them in years. That market is ripe. Anyone know why AT isn't making loads for them? Gary??

Look at all the great marketing advice and opportunites you are getting here.

Phil

One Big Problem you run into when using the AT Hybrid Hardware is that the Design is Patented. Trojans do not infringe on the patents of HT. But using the AT Hardware would infringe on the patents held by AT.
Tom

Do I expect to sell items to Anthony, Korey, or Edward? No I don't. The Customer is always right is a very valid and true statement!

The rocket community (i.e. your potential customers) would like complete certification and testing data for the Hybrid motors.

Your customers have made reasonable requests.... Are they "wrong" for requesting data that has become standard to release?

Originally posted by Linux203
The rocket community (i.e. your potential customers) would like complete certification and testing data for the Hybrid motors.

Your customers have made reasonable requests.... Are they "wrong" for requesting data that has become standard to release?

I have said before in this thread... And I guess I have to say it once more and hope that it is read by all!

I am still waiting on some information from TMT on some certified motors.

Why don't we have a complete Rocsim file for all 67 Motors? I am waiting on some of the data from TMT Still.

Why don't I have all the Certification documents on our Website? I am waiting on some of the Certification Papers from TMT Still.

Why don't I have all of the ISP Numbers for our motors? I am waiting on some of the Data from TMT Still.

Why are a numbers of our Certified motors not yet listed on the TMT Webpage? I am waiting on TMT.

While on the topic... Has Gary, and Jeff Taylor received all of their information from TMT?

Am I the only one waiting?

To be honest, I am not going to get all up on Paul over it. Paul does far more than his fair share for Tripoli. It is an unpaid position. He Does it because he loves the hobby, not because it is making him a dime at all! Actually I think money comes out of his pocket sometimes...

If our customers and myself have to wait a little longer to get some of the cert papers from TMT am I really worried about it? To be honest no. Our Current customer base has either found motors which we have cert papers online for that they can fly, or been able to cope with the fact that a motor doesn't have 100% of the information it should on our website.

Are our customers and potential customers wrong for requesting this data? Absolutely not! But is there anything that I can do at this time? No, Paul is out of the country until BALLS.

100% of the information which we have in our possession from TMT is listed on our website.

Hope that helps clarify things for you and our potential customers.

Originally posted by Linux203

Manufacturer's providing data is nice but consumers should get data from independent unbiased sources. No one buys (or should buy) a car wholley based upon manufacturer or dealer supplied data. We depend on other assumed independent reviews.

In this case Tripoli should be the main source of dispassionate data. Tom won't say it but I will....

Tripoli's performance in communicating this data to the public is unacceptable! Some of these motors have been certified over 3 months ago.

Why isn't the cert data published in a publically accessible manner?

It's a joke. If someone doesn't have the time to upload a text file to a web server how is h**l can they have the time to do a proper cert in the first place?

I am still waiting on some information from TMT on some certified motors.

...and I'm still waiting on the DOT paperwork that allowed you to ship those "pixie dust" igniters that you've said you'd produce.

Where is it, Tom?

-Kevin

I can accept that the stuff isn't posted yet. TO my knowledge, no one else has stepped up to do the testing or even help for that matter. I think if it were as simple as publishing a text file, it would be done.

What I do wonder about is why Tom is waiting to receive that data when the testing was done on his still - er I mean thrust stand and in the past he was there while Paul did the testing. It seems odd that he doesn't have the data. I can see not having the cert letter yet. Speaking of certifying on your own test stand, is that thing calibrated and certified by any testing organizations? Testing on your own thrust stand doesn't present the image of the test numbers being unbiased. I'm not saying they're not. I'm just talking about appearances.

Phil

Originally posted by jderimig
Manufacturer's providing data is nice but consumers should get data from independent unbiased sources. No one buys (or should buy) a car wholley based upon manufacturer or dealer supplied data. We depend on other assumed independent reviews.

In this case Tripoli should be the main source of dispassionate data. Tom won't say it but I will....

Tripoli's performance in communicating this data to the public is unacceptable! Some of these motors have been certified over 3 months ago.

Why isn't the cert data published in a publically accessible manner?

It's a joke. If someone doesn't have the time to upload a text file to a web server how is h**l can they have the time to do a proper cert in the first place?

I can accept that the stuff isn't posted yet. TO my knowledge, no one else has stepped up to do the testing or even help for that matter. I think if it were as simple as publishing a text file, it would be done.

What I do wonder about is why Tom is waiting to receive that data when the testing was done on his still - er I mean thrust stand and in the past he was there while Paul did the testing. It seems odd that he doesn't have the data. I can see not having the cert letter yet. Speaking of certifying on your own test stand, is that thing calibrated and certified by any testing organizations? Testing on your own thrust stand doesn't present the image of the test numbers being unbiased. I'm not saying they're not. I'm just talking about appearances.

Phil
I'll be glad to help. I just happen to have a few test stands available, traceable to NIST standards. We can even do it to NFPA HPR requirements. Better still, I'm sure CAR, NAR and TRA would be willing to participate.

Anthony J. Cesaroni
President/CEO

I have a question; why are we waiting on TMT data? Save that data for your packaging and your website...

If Tom does testing (lots of testing as I read it correctly) on his own stand, and TMT uses his stand, wouldn't the data be fairly close in relations to Isp? say plus or minus(+/-)5%, 10%?

So I ask, with out any hostilities intended, what Isp's have you obtained from your testing Tom? Those of us who do our own EX (research) know our Isp's, as it is a must. What have you tested?

Johnnie

One Big Problem you run into when using the AT Hybrid Hardware is that the Design is Patented. Trojans do not infringe on the patents of HT. But using the AT Hardware would infringe on the patents held by AT.
Tom

So Gary is a better buddy of yours than Korey and I? Now I'm offended.

Buy Trojan, you get a patent law expert and someone who can fix your car at the same time. :)))

Anthony J. Cesaroni
President/CEO

I am confused....

Isn't the rule that for a motor to be certified that the certification has to be "published" by TRA,NAR or CAR?

The TMT certified motors list is not up to date, there are several certified motors being flown that are not on that list or the combined official TRA/NAR list...or perhaps they are not certified by DEFINITION of a certified motor.

If I RSO my launch and a motor is not on a published list, by rule I cannot let it fly, can I? Don't I need to see it on a list or a copy of the cert letter if its not on that list.

There are several Contrail (as well as LOKI and others) that fall into this category.

Someone PLEASE enlighten me...

Phil

I think one thing that is forgotten here is that while we have a really great test stand capable of holding any of our motors, It was built and designed with TMT in mind. TMT Only certifies motors using their load cell, Their Software, Amplifiers etc. The only part of our test stand which TMT Uses of ours is the Big Metal Trailer/Test Stand.

It was designed for the TMT Load Cell To slip right in and bolt up. The Wire Is run from the Load Cell to the equipment that TMT uses. Think of it as we have the Motor Case, but the important part of it is the Fuel that goes into it.

Using our test stand and saying it is biased is crazy... It is just a bunch of metal welded into a shape which will accept motors.

Never once has TMT used any of our electronic testing equipment for certification or testing of any motors.

I posted a while back the reason why we use our test stand, and can't use TMT's stand. If people want it posted here I will gladly do so.

Tom

Originally posted by Anthony Cesaroni
I'll be glad to help. I just happen to have a few test stands available, traceable to NIST standards. We can even do it to NFPA HPR requirements. Better still, I'm sure CAR, NAR and TRA would be willing to participate.

Anthony J. Cesaroni
President/CEO

Last I heard TMT was looking to use your DATA CAD Program in the future. I think something was said about them having to fly to Canada or something to have you guys train them or set things up? But don't quote me on that, I think it was said almost a year ago and my memory may be playing tricks on me.

And We were told that CAR will absolutely not test our motors, as it is in the rules CAR will only test Canadian manufactures motors.

At the same time, Last I heard NAR did not have a large enough vertical test stand for a good portion of our motors. But that may have changed as well. I haven’t been overly concerned about sending out another few sets of motors for cert. We don't work THAT fast.

But if you are in the mood to give out the DATA CAD Program let me know.
Tom

Originally posted by Johnnie
I have a question; why are we waiting on TMT data? Save that data for your packaging and your website...

If Tom does testing (lots of testing as I read it correctly) on his own stand, and TMT uses his stand, wouldn't the data be fairly close in relations to Isp? say plus or minus(+/-)5%, 10%?

So I ask, with out any hostilities intended, what Isp's have you obtained from your testing Tom? Those of us who do our own EX (research) know our Isp's, as it is a must. What have you tested?

Johnnie

Johnnie,
Remember, I just posted a second or 2 ago that TMT Doesn't use our load cells, or data acquisition equipment. We swap out all of our load cells and equipment and TMT puts there stuff onto our test stand.

The Test Stand does not include the load cells remember... We don't have dual load cells on the stand during TMT Testing either.

Also, I really prefer not posting any of our Data for testing. The TMT Numbers are what everyone should go by, as they are an independent testing agency, who certifies that that is what the motor performs to.

There has been only a handful of discrepancies from our testing to TMT however.

I just don't think posting one thing regarding our testing, and having the independent testing agency (TMT) posting another is good... I have actually never seen another manufacture post Their data and say "This is what we got, this is what TMT Got."

Just my opinion, but I would rather wait for TMT than jump the gun and have something TMT post be different.

We all know what people would say then :rolleyes:

Tom

Last I heard TMT was looking to use your DATA CAD Program in the future. I think something was said about them having to fly to Canada or something to have you guys train them or set things up? But don't quote me on that, I think it was said almost a year ago and my memory may be playing tricks on me.

And We were told that CAR will absolutely not test our motors, as it is in the rules CAR will only test Canadian manufactures motors.

At the same time, Last I heard NAR did not have a large enough vertical test stand for a good portion of our motors. But that may have changed as well. I haven’t been overly concerned about sending out another few sets of motors for cert. We don't work THAT fast.

But if you are in the mood to give out the DATA CAD Program let me know.
Tom

Although the software was offered for free, my understanding was that TMT was looking for hardware budget as we only supply the software for qualified electronics and hardware we specify. We don't want to be writing drivers and fixing other people's problems as you can appreciate. Their treasury is taxed for other reasons right now so I guess that could be the delay. They also don't have a permanent thrust stand that I'm aware of. Our offer is still open and I'm not sure that a trip to Toronto is required aside from seeing how rocket motors are really made and tested. NAR is using the system with AMW but it's an AMW asset that they purchased "turn key" and integrated from CTI.

The CAR restriction is not a hard line as far as I know and the understanding was to work both ways in the spirit of reciprocity. Canadian manufacturers can still certify stateside as well if the circumstances justify it and visa versa. You will need a vertical test stand with load capacity for your "O" for example. I just happen to have one. If CAR doesn't want to certify your motors on it, NAR or TMT are more than welcome to in that regard. You also need to get a proper classification for your igniter BTW. I analyzed those for fun too. Your self proclaimed ORM-D and the interpreted exemption wont cut it with DOT or ERD. I've checked. I should not have to remind you of another igniter manufacturer fiasco of late. You should also do your homework on the L block setup as well. It will give you a lot more flexibility and more accurate data to pass on to your customers given the test stand setup you are using now.

Free DataCad for Trojan and Contrails? Not sure about that. What have you done for me lately? :)

Anthony J. Cesaroni
President/CEO

Johnnie,
Remember, I just posted a second or 2 ago that TMT Doesn't use our load cells, or data acquisition equipment. We swap out all of our load cells and equipment and TMT puts there stuff onto our test stand.

The Test Stand does not include the load cells remember... We don't have dual load cells on the stand during TMT Testing either.

Also, I really prefer not posting any of our Data for testing. The TMT Numbers are what everyone should go by, as they are an independent testing agency, who certifies that that is what the motor performs to.

There has been only a handful of discrepancies from our testing to TMT however.

I just don't think posting one thing regarding our testing, and having the independent testing agency (TMT) posting another is good... I have actually never seen another manufacture post Their data and say "This is what we got, this is what TMT Got."

Just my opinion, but I would rather wait for TMT than jump the gun and have something TMT post be different.

We all know what people would say then :rolleyes:

Tom

"There has been only a handful of discrepancies from our testing to TMT however."

Really? If it's being done by the book, the two data sets should effectively mirror each other, your propellant mass errors aside.

Anthony J. Cesaroni
President/CEO

While on the topic... Has Gary, and Jeff Taylor received all of their information from TMT?

Am I the only one waiting?
No you are not. We are waiting on virtually all the data for the new AeroTech motors that were tested this year.

That said, Paul has been very busy with work and travel and I understand the delay (especially considering the sheer volume of motors he tested).

IAm I the only one waiting?

Nope.

I'm still waiting for you to cough up those DOT documents that you've been promising for months, now.

-Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back