Trojan Hybrids.....

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by troj
Nope.

I'm still waiting for you to cough up those DOT documents that you've been promising for months, now.

-Kevin

Yea I would like to see those ignitor DOT numbers too. Aerotech has all their DOT numbers on their website. Why don't you? That is data you do have, so you can post it while you are waiting for Paul. I mean, you DO HAVE IT RIGHT?

-Todd

Originally posted by THarrison
Yea I would like to see those ignitor DOT numbers too. Aerotech has all their DOT numbers on their website. Why don't you? That is data you do have, so you can post it while you are waiting for Paul. I mean, you DO HAVE IT RIGHT?

-Todd

https://www.naturesongs.com/cricket1.wav

Anthony J. Cesaroni
President/CEO
Cesaroni Technology/Cesaroni Aerospace
https://www.cesaronitech.com/
(941) 360-3100 x101 Sarasota
(905) 887-2370 x222 Toronto

Originally posted by Anthony Cesaroni
https://www.naturesongs.com/cricket1.wav

Anthony J. Cesaroni
President/CEO
Cesaroni Technology/Cesaroni Aerospace
https://www.cesaronitech.com/
(941) 360-3100 x101 Sarasota
(905) 887-2370 x222 Toronto

https://www.pa.msu.edu/~nila/wavs/badboys.wav

If the numbers can't be produced, then it is reasonable to assume that they never existed.

Tom,

I'm sure that I don't need to remind you that the last hobby motor maker that got caught for DOT violations got a $40,000 fine.

Between your ridiculous marketing claims, skirting questions and possible illegal activity you seem to be well on your way to becoming a mirror image of that particular manufacturer.

You might want to rethink your business plan and attitude.

If the numbers can't be produced, then it is reasonable to assume that they never existed.

Tom,

I'm sure that I don't need to remind you that the last hobby motor maker that got caught for DOT violations got a $40,000 fine.

Between your ridiculous marketing claims, skirting questions and possible illegal activity you seem to be well on your way to becoming a mirror image of that particular manufacturer.

I wouldn't jump to conclusions here. Maybe he's applied for them and they're in the mail or maybe Tom and the one who's name must not be mentioned, have had the same letter and numbers passed on to them. ;)

Originally posted by PStein
I wouldn't jump to conclusions here. Maybe he's applied for them and they're in the mail or maybe Tom and the one who's name must not be mentioned, have had the same letter and numbers passed on to them. ;)

Nah, he just left his White-Out at his other desk, along with the DOT paperwork....

:kill:

-Kevin

Tom,

Geez, I didn't know that this hobby had so many legal and regulatory zealots in it! I am sure you all have LEUPs and ATF approved dayboxes during your launches.......

"18 USC 842(a) It shall be unlawful for any person—

(3) other than a licensee or permittee knowingly—
(A) to transport, ship, cause to be transported, or receive any explosive materials; or
(B) to distribute explosive materials to any person other than a licensee or permittee;

18 USC 844(a) Any person who—
(1) violates any of subsections (a) through (i) or (l) through (o) of section 842 shall be fined under this title, imprisoned for not more than 10 years, or both;
"

Originally posted by jderimig
Geez, I didn't know that this hobby had so many legal and regulatory zealots in it! I am sure you all have LEUPs and ATF approved dayboxes during your launches.......

Ummm, yeah. My club does.

so uhhh.... why did this thread die? We're still waiting on those DOT numbers Tom....

All DOT EX numbers are listed here. Warning: files are big.

Hint: open database files with excel, save as .xls

https://hazmat.dot.gov/enforce/forms/ohmforms.htm#fireworks

under Explosives (Non-Military) Updated as of July 3, 2006

The files have been saved in two formats ASCI and DBASE. Please see the readme.txt file for additional instructions for using the files. The files provided are self extracting executables (*.exe) for IBM compatible machines and zip files (*.zip) for MacIntosh machines.

NOTE: IBM compatible machines can read both *.exe and *.zip files.

Non-Military Explosives -- explo_xxxx.exe
All Fireworks -- fwks_xxxx.exe

The long product names have been incorporated into the main files and a notes field has been added.

Download Instructions

explo_ascii.zip2(1.8M)
explo_ascii.exe2(1.8M)

fwks_ascii.zip2(803K)
fwks_ascii.exe2(819K)

Readme.txt

explo_dbase.zip2(2.3M)
explo_dbase.exe2(2.4M)

fwks_dbase.zip2(982K)
fwks_dbase.exe2(998K)

Readme.txt

Bob

Funny........

I don't see Contrail Rockets or Trojan Hybrids on the list.

Is it under a different name?

Did the Department of Transportation loose the paperwork?

It must have been obtained after July 3, 2006 and Tom's waiting for them to update their website.....

Its nice to see that Cesaroni, Aerotech, Estes, Loki, Ellis, and Quest are on the DOT list

Coincidently, I did not see Animal Motor Works on the list... What name do they ship under?

Originally posted by bobkrech
All DOT EX numbers are listed here. Warning: files are big.

Yep, and nowhere in there is Contrail listed.

In addition, for months, Tom claimed that he had an EX number, but "the paperwork is in my other desk." I'm waiting on a number, nothing more.

Either he has it, or he doesn't. At this point, I'm leaning towards "he doesn't".

-Kevin

Sticking with the car theme, at least the various car manufacturers all understand what "MPG" means....

-Kevin

And publish the MPG ratings of their cars..... even the SUVs that only get 15.

Originally posted by Linux203

Coincidently, I did not see Animal Motor Works on the list... What name do they ship under?

I know the name, but not sure the zoo keepers would like it if I answered that. but rest assured, they are on the list.

Originally posted by n3tjm
I know the name, but not sure the zoo keepers would like it if I answered that. but rest assured, they are on the list.
The name on the documents must be the name of the entity engaging in the transportation.

I don't want to lock this down before people get the answers they're looking for, but if this keeps up, it will get locked and pulled.

Originally posted by Linux203
Funny........

I don't see Contrail Rockets or Trojan Hybrids on the list.

Is it under a different name?

Did the Department of Transportation loose the paperwork?

It must have been obtained after July 3, 2006 and Tom's waiting for them to update their website.....

Its nice to see that Cesaroni, Aerotech, Estes, Loki, Ellis, and Quest are on the DOT list

Here is the DOT exemption.
https://www.geocities.com/rdh82000/files/E10996.pdf
AMW is the Grantee.

Funny thing, I don't see Aerotech on there.

Robert

Yep, and nowhere in there is Contrail listed.

In addition, for months, Tom claimed that he had an EX number, but "the paperwork is in my other desk." I'm waiting on a number, nothing more.

Either he has it, or he doesn't. At this point, I'm leaning towards "he doesn't".

-Kevin

Kevin,
They must have EX numbers because TRA would not have certed their motors without them.
Right?

Robert

Originally posted by rdh8
Here is the DOT exemption.
https://www.geocities.com/rdh82000/files/E10996.pdf
AMW is the Grantee.

Funny thing, I don't see Aerotech on there.

Robert
Funny thing, that file is obsolete.

RCS was the grantee, not AMW. The DOT made a mistake on that revision which they corrected shortly thereafter.

Exemptions are now "special permits". Each holder receives a separate authorization letter so the names of the companies authorized to use the permit are no longer listed on it.

Originally posted by garoq

RCS was the grantee, not AMW. The DOT made a mistake on that revision which they corrected shortly thereafter.

Exemptions are now "special permits". Each holder receives a separate authorization letter so the names of the companies authorized to use the permit are no longer listed on it.

That is correct.
I like the original better :)

As I hear it someone cried like a baby to the DOT because they became the "Former Grantee"

Sheesh, it's just a piece of paper.

Robert

That is correct.
I like the original better :)

As I hear it someone cried like a baby to the DOT because they became the "Former Grantee"

Sheesh, it's just a piece of paper.

Robert
Really? Who was that? And who did you hear it from?

And why would a company want to "hijack" the origin of a historic document?

The name on the documents must be the name of the entity engaging in the transportation.
AMW's ex #'s are 2002030128 thru 36 on their propellants and ex#'s on their articles are 2002060200 and 2002060212 thru 216, and they are listed under Composite Propulsion Technologies Inc.

A request for listing for these numbers under the D.B.A. AMW Inc. was submitted as well, and AMW was told by Carol Monroe at DOT that it was not necessary to have two sets of numbers for the same product, given the fact that they were both at the same locations. The EX numbers are assigned to both the New Hampshire and Florida manufacturing locations, because propellant samples made at each location were submitted to the testing lab for classification and shown to be equivalent.

I assume that a similar situation exists or could have existed between Aerotech corporate entities 1 and 2, ISP, Rocket Motor Parts and all the other corporate entities and D.B.A.s that the Aerotech(TM) brand of hobby rocket motors have be manufactured under over the past 2 decades.

Contrails and/or D.B.A Trojan Motors may or may not be required to obtain EX numbers for their propellant grains. If like some other hybrids, the Contrails/Trojan fuel grains are simple unboosted polymers such as PVC, ABS, Polyethylene, Polypropolyene, or other plastic polymers, then EX numbers are not necessary because polymers of this type are not explosives. If the fuel grain is a composite with an oxidizer or other burn rate enhancing additives, a DOT certified classification may be and probably is required. If the classification test data results in a 4.1 flamable solids clasification, then an EX number is not required. If the classification test data reveals the fuel grain is a class 1 material, then the data must be submitted to DOT for an EX number assignment before the motors can be sold and/or shipped.

I have to believe that TRA TMT would not certify Contrail motors without insuring that Contrails/Trojan manufacturing and motor designs meet the necessary NFPA 1125 Sections 4.2 permitting and Section 7.5 design requirements, so there must be a paper trail somewhere.

Bob Krech

And why would a company want to "hijack" the origin of a historic document?

"hijack" - I have no idea.

In the past the document was always written with the grantees listed in alphabetical order.
So when Aerotech went away AMW was the next in line.

Why someone would want to "hijack" the original document for their own ego is beyond me.

Your guess is as good as mine ;)

Robert

AMW's ex #'s are 2002030128 thru 36 on their propellants and ex#'s on their articles are 2002060200 and 2002060212 thru 216, and they are listed under Composite Propulsion Technologies Inc.

A request for listing for these numbers under the D.B.A. AMW Inc. was submitted as well, and AMW was told by Carol Monroe at DOT that it was not necessary to have two sets of numbers for the same product, given the fact that they were both at the same locations. The EX numbers are assigned to both the New Hampshire and Florida manufacturing locations, because propellant samples made at each location were submitted to the testing lab for classification and shown to be equivalent.

I assume that a similar situation exists or could have existed between Aerotech corporate entities 1 and 2, ISP, Rocket Motor Parts and all the other corporate entities and D.B.A.s that the Aerotech(TM) brand of hobby rocket motors have be manufactured under over the past 2 decades.
See the the attached letter excerpt. According to the DOT, a second corporation must be listed as a party to the approval to be authorized to use the approval.

Gary

You are incorrect. The AMW E-permit is valid through November 2006.

As a shipper of hazardous materials and a holder of a DOT Special Permit you should be aware of the current CFR Part 100-185 regulations and the details of the changeover from the exemption E-##### permits to the special permit SP-##### lexology. For the rest of the non-shippers, DOT is changing the E-##### Exemption designation to the SP-##### Special Permit designation over the next few years. The old E-##### format is still valid and will be automatically changed to SP-##### upon a signatories next renewal.

While AT may have been the original party to a special permit, once issued, any qualified hazmat shipper can apply to become a signatory to that special permit, and while the granting of a new special permit usually take 120 days or more, renewing or becoming a signatory to an existing special permit usually take a couple of weeks.

Bob

Why someone would want to "hijack" the original document for their own ego is beyond me.

Your guess is as good as mine ;)

Robert
Probably the same reason that they had "concerns" about Warp-9.

You are incorrect. The AMW E-permit is valid through November 2006.
Really? This is the last revision of 10996 before it was converted to a special permit.

From the DOT website attached is a list of the Current SP-10996 signatories and their permit expiration date.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back