The Official NERRF II Information Thread

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sssssh.....

The Website is BACK !!!!
NERRF

Not sure how much we lost. Not sure if everything works. This was a real quick fix.

Now could you boys please give a guy a break and let me have a little Maine style R&R. :) (Time to go abuse the body some more!!)

And if anyone gets their crosshairs properly lined up on Al's little jackass friend - please pull the trigger a couple of extra times for me. (I will repay the ammo - PROMISE)
Thank You for your support

Originally posted by thomasrau
It's not a server security issue, but rather the scripts that are used to run the site. None of my other sites (on the same server) were hacked, including one running Joomla the same script as on nerrf. (snip)

Understand Tom.... That is the ony thing bad when using using php or whatever - security holes galore and script kiddies attacking them

I like keeping my sites to plain ole html.

Lesson learned aye, keep them der scripts updated... :)

-= Frank =-

Originally posted by Frank Broughton
Understand Tom.... That is the ony thing bad when using using php or whatever - security holes galore and script kiddies attacking them

I like keeping my sites to plain ole html.

Lesson learned aye, keep them der scripts updated... :)

-= Frank =-

So do I, but NERRF required that multiple people have access to update the site and make changes. Expecting everyone to either know HTML well enough to code in notepad or own a copy of Frontpage. Dreamweaver etc, just isn't going to cut it. If anyone has a better system or wants the glamorous postition of webmaster/complaint dept., I'm sure Greg would gladly turn over the keys.

Just some quick, though belated feedback on the great time I had at NERRF II.

The weekend after father's day works well for me. I like that it comes after school is out.

Location is great.

Pig roast was awesome. It'd be nice to have enough tables so we could all eat together. There are probably enough portable chairs around so that we'd only need the tables.

An even better selection of vendors this year than last.

Volunteer sign up seemed to work better this year.

Hope to see y'all again at NERRF III.

-- Jim

Okay all you photgraphers out there. I just received a request, from the "ROCKETS" magazine folks, for photos, photos and more photos. Steve Pellegrino, who stepped forward and wrote the NERRF 2 for us, sent some in but we need more, more and more. If you believ you have some great shots, clear shots, interesting shots, please forward them directly to Steve. He will then send them on to the Liberty boyz.

Thanks your help will be greatly appreciated and admired.

:cool:

Adam, you caught a great shot of my "Traucer's" last flight!

It is, errr... was, a 6.5" saucer with three slightly-canted 24mm mounts. It was flying on 3 E9-Ps, on which it had flown very successfully before.

At NERRF, it went up about 20' and then made a right angle turn over the river. I never recovered it.

From its behavior, I'd assumed that one of the motors failed to light. However, your photo shows all three motors were lit. Now, I'm mystified. Did one motor light late?

DSC_0740.jpg

Are there any other shots of this flight?

-- Jim

That was a cool looking rocket. unfortunatly that was the only picture that i got of it, maybe someone else caught it?

It might be a while, last year's didn't come out untill mid february.

Today's Date: September 22, 2006
NERRF 3 Starts: June 22, 2007

We are just nine short months away !!! :) :) :)

(And I just ordered parts for a new rocket for NERRF 3 !!)

So when are we gonna see the latest updates to the NERRF 3 webpage? Soon I hope... :)

Greg, David et al,

Can we get an ad together, I'd like to have it in ROCKETS and maybe ER. What ya think?

:cool:

Originally posted by yubah
Any word on the DVD ??

I don't have a DVD, but do have a Screen Saver with over 150 images from the launch. It rotates through the images randomly every few seconds. I also include all of the images I took at the launch on the CD.

If anyone is interested let me know, or you can order one from my website.

I also have LDRS and the MDRA Red Glare launch available this way as well.

Originally posted by jcsalem
Adam, you caught a great shot of my "Traucer's" last flight!

It is, errr... was, a 6.5" saucer with three slightly-canted 24mm mounts. It was flying on 3 E9-Ps, on which it had flown very successfully before.

At NERRF, it went up about 20' and then made a right angle turn over the river. I never recovered it.

From its behavior, I'd assumed that one of the motors failed to light. However, your photo shows all three motors were lit. Now, I'm mystified. Did one motor light late?

DSC_0740.jpg

Are there any other shots of this flight?

-- Jim

Hah, I remember that one. That scared the hell out of me though.

Hello December 23, 2006 !!!!
When is NERRF 3 ? - June 22, 2007

We are now officially closer to NERRF 3 than we are to NERRF 2 !!! :) :) :) :cool:

I missed that shot. I was too busy looking for my L2 project in the corn fields, I heard the announcer and crowd which gave me some comic relief on my quest.

I apologize ahead of time.......2 was a tough one to have to put together because I wasn't happy with the darkness from the clouds, I don't wish to put out a soso product. It would have taken an extra 100 hours of rendering to make it work.......and that is a lot of my life. But this thread cemented the problem we had with lagging sales from the original:

https://www.rocketryforum.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4584&perpage=30&pagenumber=2

Hopefully carl doesnt' trim it to make himself look good, but don't bet on it........plain and simple, the folks who paid could not overcome the folks who refused to......it was not totally unexpected, but I was hoping to make it happen even if breaking even......that is not to be.....I will cut my losses now.

Happy flying.

Chuck

Chuck

All rancor aside, can you make the footage that you have available in some manner for those of us who were lucky to end up on Voodo-TV?

A

Al

You know I'm easy.....give me some time to settle down from this abomonation and email me with your re quest.......for folks who've paid it's not your fault, and I'd like to make it work somehow....for the Herb Estus types you make the honest people miss out.

Chuck

Hey guys - this is just to ping all those subscribed to the NERRF 2 thread that NERRF 4 is alive and under way. The Hotel info has been posted on the NERRF website and the NERRF 4 TRF thread. Special NERRF hotel pricing expires on May 19, 2008 so I wanted to let everyone kow to get their reservations set.
Final launch details have been set and pre-reg will be open soon. Please use the NERRF 4 thread to talk about NERRF 4 - this is just my way of reaching out to all those interested in NERRF in past years.

NERRF 4 Official Thread

Back