The Official NERRF II Information Thread

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That picture should be used on the METRA website to show what happens to people who try to jump the ditch.

Great pics Jim
See my NERRF2 photos in my album folder on the METRA site

That will be a Chuck Rudy, VooDoo Video item to answer. Chuck what are your plans.

:cool:

Yup

However I get the first tease

NERRF 3 - (Tentative, very tentative) June 22 thru 24th 2007.

Brought to you by the usual gang of miscreants.

Yep June 22-24, 2007 will be NERRF 3. Al correct me if I'm wrong, and Greg jump in if the following ain't gonna happen. We are targeting Sept 2006 to have the NERRF 3 website up and running with Greg Gardner at the throttle.

In case you are wondering some jackass named Mohammed thinks the sport rocketry community is accountable for the problems in the middle east and has hacked the NERRF site.

Paging Tom Rau or Greg Gardner...

DON'T go on the NERRF site. I just detected a trojan on my computer and I'm sure it was from the hacked site...

[holds back nasty comment]

Seems to me some things may hold about the NERRF hacker.

1) the hacker is of school age
2) the hacker isn't sophisticated (in fact childish)
3) the hacker knows the organization (probably a rocketeer)
4) the hacker is a fool supporting terror and mass murder
5) the hacker is a coward, incapable of face to face discussions and conflict resolution
6) the hacker is ignorant of world politics and therefore lives in his own small minded world
7) the hacker works off of peoples emotions, because he has no logical reason for his ridiculous actions
8) the hacker is in need of attention due to his insecurity
9) the hacker is an idiot to hack a website that is currently under replacement because it is past history
10) this hacker hasn't a clue .... Hey jerk, eat this

Originally posted by Dan
DON'T go on the NERRF site. I just detected a trojan on my computer and I'm sure it was from the hacked site...

[holds back nasty comment]

Too late ;)

Dennis sure got his number, eh? I'd add a few things to that list but something tells me the mods won't like it :D

Originally posted by dlappert
1) the hacker is of school age
2) the hacker isn't sophisticated (in fact childish)
3) the hacker knows the organization (probably a rocketeer)
4) the hacker is a fool supporting terror and mass murder
5) the hacker is a coward, incapable of face to face discussions and conflict resolution
6) the hacker is ignorant of world politics and therefore lives in his own small minded world
7) the hacker works off of peoples emotions, because he has no logical reason for his ridiculous actions
8) the hacker is in need of attention due to his insecurity
9) the hacker is an idiot to hack a website that is currently under replacement because it is past history
10) this hacker hasn't a clue .... Hey jerk, eat this
Hey boys - what's all the hub-bub??
I crawled out from my under-ground hideout. Actually - I returned from a Maine vacation for a couple of days to mow my lawn and dry out my liver before I head back for the rest of week two on Tuesday after work. Tom must have put up the "Under Construction" page. I'll take a look, but it will most likely be two or three weeks until I'm back from vaca and things have settled down at work.
Dennis - I'll send some photos next weekend for the magazine.
I had a great time @ NERRF 2 !!!!
Looking forward to NERRF 3 !!!!

Seems our hacker is no quite what I thought.

Check this out.

The final hack was done by 202.171.158.82 which resolves to Egypt, an ISP in Cairo
Prior to that it was hacked by 203.131.171.70 which is Manila, but that hack only lasted a short while before the it was itself hacked.
Prior to that there was an unsuccessful hack attempt from Rome, Italy as well as South Korea.

Interesting...

You can always check out my TRF unacceptable posting on N3 concerning the matter. Not griping about the policy here, just acknowledging there is language and images lthat do not belong here. Seriously, I was peeved and it was good place to rant!

:p

Originally posted by dlappert
Seems our hacker is no quite what I thought.

Check this out.

The final hack was done by 202.171.158.82 which resolves to Egypt, an ISP in Cairo
Prior to that it was hacked by 203.131.171.70 which is Manila, but that hack only lasted a short while before the it was itself hacked.
Prior to that there was an unsuccessful hack attempt from Rome, Italy as well as South Korea.

Interesting...

Hmmm, seems as if there is a International Hack Squad deployed out there with the sole purpose of p***ing us all off; and it clearly worked on Al :p

BTW, saw you post on N3 Al, hahahahaha...good stuff ;)

Dennis, have you talked to micfo about the problem. Seems they do not have their security up to snuff. That is your host for the site no? (micfo.com Micfo Group)

How was the site hacked? Do you know?

You may want to consider switching hosts. Here is an excellent host: www.jaguarpc.com. They are located in Houston, Texas - have excellent redundant equipment, awesome customer support and the owner posts daily in his own forum. The user base in the forum is as helpful and friendly as the users here at TRF.

Starter pack: 6 gig storage, 180 gig (TRUE) transfer for only $7.97 month.

I have a VPS with them and am VERY pleased! *VERY* My VPS (virtual private server) has been up and running for 84 days and 21 hours (and was rebooted only because I recompiled apache on it).

They would be all over a hack job and fixing it so the hole was patched. Greg the owner takes great pride in his company and has first class new equipment. Even went so far as to store tons of diesel for his generators in lew of hurricane season coming up.

I get nothing for sending anyone there, just sharing a good thing. I have used five other hosts in the past (three right now) and will not be going anywhere else!

-= Frank =-

It's not a server security issue, but rather the scripts that are used to run the site. None of my other sites (on the same server) were hacked, including one running Joomla the same script as on nerrf. Once it was hacked through the photo gallery script (coppermine) and once through the mambo script running the site itself. This time it looks like Joomla (the script currently used) was attacked. I did not have time over the weekend to review the logs in detail but it looks like a flaw was found in Joomla and the script kiddies were busy. There were attempted hacks from numerous overseas locations with two successful hacks. The first hacked page was only up for a few minutes before our friend from egypt hacked the hacked page.

It's not a server security issue, but rather the scripts that are used to run the site. None of my other sites (on the same server) were hacked, including one running Joomla the same script as on nerrf. Once it was hacked through the photo gallery script (coppermine) and once through the mambo script running the site itself. This time it looks like Joomla (the script currently used) was attacked. I did not have time over the weekend to review the logs in detail but it looks like a flaw was found in Joomla and the script kiddies were busy. There were attempted hacks from numerous overseas locations with two successful hacks. The first hacked page was only up for a few minutes before our friend from egypt hacked the hacked page.

Huh???

Ignorance is sometimes blis.;)

Back