The Official NERRF II Information Thread

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hospital_Rocket

Reaction score
OK

It is now T-165 days to the first flights at NERRF-II

Brought to you by:

METRA
NEPRA
CATO
CTRA/NARCONN
And anybody else I forgot (LIARS?, CMASS?)

Bobby B. Is the sort of chairman of this and he asked me to coordinate the info here on TRF. So please post anything you know in this thread. The NERRF-II info is not yet up to date on the website.

As of the moment here is the information I know:
  1. June 23-25, 2006
  2. METRA Launch Site - Pine Island NY
  3. 12,000' AGL waiver for all three days
  4. Indy Format - Commercial and EX
  5. M impulse limit
  6. Like last year, there will most likely be two ranges plus an away cell.
  7. Saturday night there is a planned, catered BBQ
  8. Vendors, there will be vendors.
  9. Food will be on site. I expect the scouts will be there as will Nadine's hot dogs. The scouts do a mean breakfast!
  10. Sanitary facilities will be available
  11. I think the ARRL will be on site to help track rockets.
  12. Hybrids are OK - bring your own GSE
  13. Darn near every launch system you could want, from 1/8" to Unistrut is available. Last year some people tried bringing their own. Did not seem to be the best idea and I would personally discourage it except in the case of tower launchers.
    [/list=1]
    I would liike to host a mini TRF gathering Friday night - let me know if you are interested. Probably at some pizza joint in Middletown.

Accomodations - I am starting negotiations with the Day's Inn on Routes 17 West & 6 which is no more than about 15 minutes from the field. If you are interested in getting accomodations there, let me know via e-mail and I will see if a group rate is available. If we advance pay, I see no reason we can't take the whole joint over. As it was last year, there will be no camping on site. If you want to camp, please let me know soon, so I can begin looking for some campgrounds. If you do want to camp, let me know via e-mail and tell me whether it is pup tent, pop-up, or RV. I'd like to find a place where we can get a volume buy.

Flammable Dirt - The dirt at the farm is actually closer to peat than dirt. It does burn and Sparkys will be regulated. I am pushing to see to it that we have appropriate fire suppression on site. Dennis Lappert posted elsewhere that we probably won't be able to flood the area to prevent fires.

Range Duty - Getting people to help was our weak point at NERRF I and it resulted in lost flight opportunities during periods while the LCO station was undermanned. I am proposing to the organizing comittee that each sponsoring club reserve a 1/2 day window and take resposibility during that period. To that end, I want to ask the TRF crowd who plan to attend to choose a period and we will handle things. How 'bout Sunday first rack to noon?

Flight line organization - this was our other weakness. I have a personal idea and will share more once we actually have some formal planning sessions.

Anybody from any club is welcome at the planning events, and I will post notice of these events here.

Theres a pizza place near the Goshen Plaza, I think i got 4 slices and 2 drinks for 3 bucks. My mom was so shocked she went back and gave the girl a 10 buck tip.

June 23rd, come on, get here already.

I think NERRF II is going to surpass our wildess dreams.

:D

Originally posted by dlappert
June 23rd, come on, get here already.

My sentiments exactly!!!
So to kick off the New Year - I started my NERRF II project last night. A 6" upscale tube fin. I got all the fiberglass tube fins cut out.

I have one major project.

I'm building one of Bobby & Izzy's 5.5" Harpoons. I plan to abuse the snot out of it with one of Al Gonsalves' (sic) 54mm full J Blue Diablos.

I'm also planning a Sneezing Weasel (Loc Weasel on a 29mm Skyripper)

I knew there was something i didn't like about the new dates. That's the weekend before LDRS.

I don't know if i can hack driving 13 hours 2 NY then having 3 days to drive from NY to TX.

Originally posted by Hospital_Rocket
Actually it's Al's formula, But Tim Hetland cast it.

A

Are you sure about this? Because it doesnt sound right.

Apparently Ryan S. & Megasnuke 1350 were correct.

Original text - I won't be sure until it's in my greasy little paws. Tim told me he has two 54mm full J's with the Blue Diablo propellant. He is setting me up with them and the Loki hardware as a private deal.

Edit on 1/09/06 ~ Please see this thread

Originally posted by Hospital_Rocket
I have one major project.

I'm building one of Bobby & Izzy's 5.5" Harpoons. I plan to abuse the snot out of it with one of Al Gonsalves' (sic) 54mm full J Blue Diablos.

Me too, but on Loki 54mm.

Just have to paint my Harpoon:

Feb 3, 2006

There are now 20 weeks until NERRF II !!!!!

Nerrf project started today:

If it flies well in April and with Tap project approval. I might do my L3 at Nerrf. If not I will launch this bad boy on a serious L

airhammer005.jpg

NERRF is coming quick... very cool I will make sure to set up some sort of pre-order deal and make a "pick-up at NERRF II" shipping option in our online store....

Originally posted by Phil125
3360 :p

Thats a lot of hours... if it takes 5 hours to build one basic mid-power rocket, you could build almost 700 rockets between now and NERRF II!!! :)

Why would anybody waste there time and effort to hack the nerrf site.

Some really bored ppl out there.

Its time to sit down and plan out NERRF 2006.

I'd like to get together at the usual place in mid to late February. [ Outback steak house, Middletown, NY ]

I'm thinking a Thursday or Friday night. say 5:00 or 6:00 PM
Sat or Sun is fine also... just send in your first and second choice for dates / time and we will make it happen.

Please drop me a note on which day / time is best for you... If you plan on attending. If we get 15 or more attending we will need to meet at a larger place...

My store party room is available. closer to parts of NJ, CT and NYC than Outback but 25 min farther from western NJ and PA. NO blooming onions either..

We are looking for volunteers to take part in prepping / executing NERRF. Even if you cannot make the meetings, you can still particiapte.. just email in your ideas.. and we will table them at the meetings...

If your ok with just helping out with any assigned task just drop me a note at [email protected] and we will find a task for you....

Items completed so far...

1- land owner permision has been secured
2- Dates have been set
3- Waiver requests are in.
4- Porto lavs have been scheduled.

NERRF 2005 DVD has been previewed..... VERY kool .... I'll keep you posted when available.... Please pre order.....

NOTE I am aware that the NERRF website has been hacked, I emailed the NERRF webmaster RE the issue.. it will be back online ASAP.

Originally posted by bobbyb

NOTE I am aware that the NERRF website has been hacked, I emailed the NERRF webmaster RE the issue.. it will be back online ASAP.

Can we hunt him down and hack him......?

To bits? :kill: :kill: :kill: :kill:

:eek:

:D

" Y'all know me. Know how I earn a livin'. I'll catch this bird for you, but it ain't gonna be easy. Bad fish. Not like going down to the pond and chasing bluegills and tommycocks. This shark, swallow you whole. No shakin', no tenderizin', down you go. And we gotta do it quick, that'll bring back your tourists, put all your businesses on a payin' basis. But it's not gonna be pleasant. I value my neck a lot more than three thousand bucks, chief. I'll find him for three, but I'll catch him, and kill him, for ten. But you've gotta make up your minds. If you want to stay alive, then ante up. If you want to play it cheap, be on welfare the whole winter. I don't want no volunteers, I don't want no mates, there's too many captains on this island. Ten thousand dollars for me by myself. For that you get the head, the tail, the whole **** thing.
"

Quinn from Jaws

How about Thursday night, February 23rd, at 6:00 pm, at the Outback Steakhouse in Middletown, NY.

:cool:

Latest posts

Back