The Next Rokitflite Kit

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rokitflite

Reaction score
For those of you that remember this thread:

https://www.rocketryforum.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=28026&perpage=20

I said a German "X" plane would be the 3rd Rokitflite kit. Well, I was so happy with the design that it was moved to the front of the list. The kit is a skill level 3 boost glider, and like the Odyssey will have the instructions on CD, laser cut and resin parts and other cool features. Lots of parts, but easy construction... Look for more details in early April!!!:D

Originally posted by UncMikesRktShk
Looks very nice.

Cant wait to see the kit form :)

Hey UM, the Mach-10 is not the prototype. The actual design of the craft is not pictured and unless you really dig deep into the X plane archives is rarely seen. It does REMIND me of the Mach-10 which is why I like it, but I think it looks meaner that the M10:D

Secret Squirrel, It DOES have cardboard rings and a resin nose cone instead of balsa:eek:

Originally posted by rokitflite
The actual design of the craft is not pictured and unless you really dig deep into the X plane archives is rarely seen. It does REMIND me of the Mach-10 which is why I like it, but I think it looks meaner that the M10:D
/B]

I know what it is, nyah nyah.

:D

I'll take 2

Hey UM, the Mach-10 is not the prototype. The actual design of the craft is not pictured and unless you really dig deep into the X plane archives is rarely seen. It does REMIND me of the Mach-10 which is why I like it, but I think it looks meaner that the M10:D

Secret Squirrel, It DOES have cardboard rings and a resin nose cone instead of balsa:eek:

Would it happen to be a Focke-Wulf Ta183?

What, the centering rings aren't balsa???

How would one orient the grain on something like that, anyway?

Ahem.

Scott, you still have my address, right?

Originally posted by JRThro

Scott, you still have my address, right?

Nope... SOME are high quality laser-cut ones, but alas, some are cardboard.

PM me your address again just to make sure:rolleyes: I am the most disorganized person in the world.

Don! Have you been spying on my test launches!!!???:mad: :p

Originally posted by Initiator001
Would it happen to be a Focke-Wulf Ta183?

Hey! Bob kinda got the right manufacturer!!!

Can ya give me some winning lotto #s Bob?:D

I've been drooling over pics of old german concept craft so I can't wait for this kit to come out Scott! :D

If its meaner than the Mach 10, then its surely a winner.

Originally posted by UncMikesRktShk
If its meaner than the Mach 10, then its surely a winner.

I think its meaner in looks, but not in the flight characteristics:D The Mach-10 can be mean in terms of scaring the crap out of you during boost!:rolleyes:

Originally posted by TeenRocketNerd
I've been drooling over pics of old german concept craft so I can't wait for this kit to come out Scott! :D

I hope you like this one then TRN. I thought it was cool enough to bump the other kit that was almost finished. My goal was to create a model that had minimal prep time, decent size, good detail, easy trimming and of course, great flight characteristics.

My goal was to create a model that had minimal prep time, decent size, good detail, easy trimming and of course, great flight characteristics.
Just the basics, huh? :rolleyes:

My goal was to create a model that had minimal prep time, decent size, good detail, easy trimming and of course, great flight characteristics.
I read that as "minimal build time," and I sure hope that's what you meant!

:eek: :cool:

Originally posted by JRThro
I read that as "minimal build time," and I sure hope that's what you meant!

:eek: :cool:

Well I can build one in about two hours... Now.;)

Originally posted by Eagle3
... but are you sick of building it yet? *LOL*

Not sick of building it... Sick of filling balsa wings and the dust it produces!:rolleyes:

Jeeze guys!
Thanks for the compliments sight unseen! BUT in case you look at it and go YUCK! I will not hold anyone to their "pre-orders" until AFTER pictures of the model are posted. This thread will start the list of people who are interested in the kit and in what order they spoke up. As with the Odyssey the first 50 will be signed and numbered, additionally there will be a "gold plaque"decal included with the kit with the production # on it. I will caution that the model will be $28 so it ain't a cheapy. I am hoping to get the kit panels from the printer later this week... I hope they are not screwed up!:rolleyes:

28 don't sound so bad...I wanna see it fist, but I have a feeling it will be good, judging by the # of folks(and who they happen to be) who want one ...ugh I mean 2 already. Might as well count me in.

Well, my guess is a Focke-Wulf 283 (which would be funky), but I'm prepared to be way off base.

:confused:

Why the FW 283? Just 'cause I want one...

:D

You need to work up some OS shipping costs too Scott. I can see kits going to Australia, New Zealand, England, Sweden...

Originally posted by skippy-2

You need to work up some OS shipping costs too Scott. I can see kits going to Australia, New Zealand, England, Sweden...

I sent a couple of the Odyssey kits to England... What was ironic was that I sent one to Canada at the same time. The ones to England got there in 5 days. The one to Canada took 2 weeks... Go figure.:rolleyes:

I sent a couple of the Odyssey kits to England... What was ironic was that I sent one to Canada at the same time. The ones to England got there in 5 days. The one to Canada took 2 weeks... Go figure.:rolleyes:

OK, but shouldn't you be taking pictures of something...?

Hmmm?

:p

I would be interested in 1 as well Scott :) Hopefully the wife wont freak on me spending $28 on a rocket! :) Actually, she is pretty cool with my rocketry stuff..She has her sewing, and baking, so she's happy :D Plus, the baking brings in a bit of dinero too, so I am happy as well!

[email protected]

Oh, have you got a website?

Let the anticipation build! ;)

Back