Quantcast

SCRUBBED *** MMMSC 15 July 2017 Launch, Berwick, Maine *** SCRUBBED

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

KennB

I-95 Envoy
TRF Supporter
Joined
Mar 6, 2010
Messages
2,441
Reaction score
239
Location
Amesbury, MA
The next launch in Berwick will be on Saturday, 15 July.
Set up starts at 9 AM and flying as soon as we're set up.

Look to this thread for information on the presence of AMWProX on the field. As always, if you have any particular needs, please contact Robert and Gloria ahead of time to be sure they can take care of you.

Is there anyone that is looking to do a Level 1, 2 or 3 certification at the Launch? If so, please do not wait until the last minute. You need time to go through safety check and set up on the pad. Time runs out quickly if you are not the only one rushing to cert at the end of the day. Also, make sure you have proof of current NAR membership and your paper work ready to go. Also, does anyone expect to need the 1515 rail pad setup?

All of the usual rules apply:
  • Stay on the roadways - no more than two wheels on the very edges of the grass
  • No sparky motors
  • If you haven't done it yet, have your 38mm CTI motors checked for the proper delay grain (this will be a little tougher without AMWProX on site)
  • Positive motor retention especially for composite motors
  • Have your NAR (or TRA) card with you showing your cert level if you're going to fly HPR
  • If the winds aloft are doing much of anything, don't overfly the conditions
  • All the usual stuff in the NAR Safety Code, too.
 

CPUTommy

Thrust cures All
Joined
Oct 26, 2011
Messages
1,126
Reaction score
151
Location
Massachusetts
Hi ken, if my bird is ready, id like to take a stab at my level 2. If there are others i dont mind waiting until the next launch.
Thanks!
Tom
 

KennB

I-95 Envoy
TRF Supporter
Joined
Mar 6, 2010
Messages
2,441
Reaction score
239
Location
Amesbury, MA
Hey Tom,

The launches are generally never so busy that we have any trouble fitting in cert flights, we just don't want people to prep all day and them have five people show up with 15 minutes left in the day. Even with your long drive up, if your rocket is pretty well ready, you should be able to set it up and go during the mid-part of the day. Be sure to have your current NAR card, cert form and graded Level 2 test with you. There should be someone else with an L2 there to sign off for you.
 

CPUTommy

Thrust cures All
Joined
Oct 26, 2011
Messages
1,126
Reaction score
151
Location
Massachusetts
Well, you and everyone else at the tables are all level 5 so a witness of the flight shouldn't be a problem, and hopefully I dont have to do back to back flights to get my cert, my level one was fun, and I'm glad I had to do it two times.�� the written test I assumed was to be taken at the field? I have my card with my level 1 as well as my NAR number. The only thing is like is to find time to visit Gloria and pick up a few "things"
 

BDB

Absent Minded Professor
Joined
Aug 22, 2015
Messages
2,184
Reaction score
417
I think a few of us RIMRA guys are coming. I should be ready for an L2 attempt.
 
Last edited:

rocketsam2016

Well-Known Member
Joined
Aug 31, 2016
Messages
270
Reaction score
4
I'm 50/50 on coming - it's a pretty inconvenient day for me this time so I'll just show if the conditions look outstanding. If I do come I'm hoping to launch my first and second ever k motors :) :)
 

CPUTommy

Thrust cures All
Joined
Oct 26, 2011
Messages
1,126
Reaction score
151
Location
Massachusetts
My bird will be ready, so I'm re arranging my schedule to be there, hopefully I can find time to hook up with AMW to get some giddy up.
 

lcorinth

Well-Known Member
Joined
Aug 5, 2014
Messages
1,008
Reaction score
32
I probably won't be there this weekend, but I plan on being at the next Maine launch. And of course, the upcoming Acton CMASS launch as well.

BDB, sorry I'll have to miss your L2.

(Unless someone's passing through Boston and wants to pick up a hitchhiker...)
 

bobk99

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jun 12, 2017
Messages
56
Reaction score
2
The forecast not looking good for Saturday ( 40% chance for showers, cloudy) Is there any possibility for rain date on Sunday?
 

KennB

I-95 Envoy
TRF Supporter
Joined
Mar 6, 2010
Messages
2,441
Reaction score
239
Location
Amesbury, MA
The forecast not looking good for Saturday ( 40% chance for showers, cloudy) Is there any possibility for rain date on Sunday?
Sunday is not usually available to us as the farm is harvesting for Monday deliveries. The forecast is showing low clouds in the morning and afternoon with rain moving in mid-afternoon.

Scott makes the call about flying on this field so keep an eye on the MMMSC Facebook page for the latest.
 

BDB

Absent Minded Professor
Joined
Aug 22, 2015
Messages
2,184
Reaction score
417
In addition to the L2 cert flight, I'd like to try electronic staging this weekend. I'm hoping to fly an E30 to D12 two-stage rocket using an Eggtimer Quantum for sustainer ignition. Everything should stay under 2k ft. Do I need to submit a flight plan for preapproval?
 
Last edited:

KennB

I-95 Envoy
TRF Supporter
Joined
Mar 6, 2010
Messages
2,441
Reaction score
239
Location
Amesbury, MA
In addition to the L2 cert flight, I'd like to try electronic staging this weekend. I'm hoping to fly an E30 to D12 two-stage rocket using an Eggtimer Quantum for sustainer ignition. Everything should stay under 2k ft. Do I need to submit a flight plan for preapproval?
There would be no need for submitting a flight plan. The only question would be on the two-stage flight; what ensures the sustainer's nose will be pointing up when the second stage fires?
 

KennB

I-95 Envoy
TRF Supporter
Joined
Mar 6, 2010
Messages
2,441
Reaction score
239
Location
Amesbury, MA
The precipitation forecast has slid earlier for Saturday so Scott has scrubbed the launch at this point.
Conditions will be revisited Friday evening about 6 PM and a final decision will be made then.
For now, though, consider the launch isn't happening. But check back Friday evening; nature can be fickle.
 

KennB

I-95 Envoy
TRF Supporter
Joined
Mar 6, 2010
Messages
2,441
Reaction score
239
Location
Amesbury, MA
It is confirmed that the launch is scrubbed for the weekend; clouds and rain on Saturday and harvesting on Sunday. We'll try again in two weeks.

For those of you need to build something in the meantime, AMWProX is offering 20% off on all LOC Precision kits including the just released Nano-Magg, Micro-Magg and Mega-Magg; two down-scales and one up-scale of the Mini-Magg. Contact Robert and Gloria and they can have it shipped right to you.

Keep thinking good weather for the 29th.
 
Top