GO July 8-9 Launch in Dalzell, SC

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cw's wife

Reaction score
July 8-9 ICBM Research Launch

Let us know what you are going to fly! If flying a K motor or above, please let us know so we can set up at the proper distance.

Saturday looks like the weather may be uncooperative so check our Facebook group, our website (rocketrysouthcarolina.org) or here before coming to the field.

As of right now:

5.5 inch Nike Smoke on a K550 or K710.
3 inch Thomahawk on a J180
5.5 inch V2 on a J712
Upscale Estes bandit on an G107 or H180
I plan on getting some mid power stuff ready tomorrow. If you talk Chuck into flying that Nike of his and I will Fly my 7.5 Patriot on an M.

This may have been answered on the FB page, but will someone be there be able to proctor a NAR L2?
And what day(s) would they be there? Just because I need to coordinate with Tom because he has the motor I will be using

I'll be there both days. I'll be able to handle any sort of L1 cert of L2 exam proctoring, I'll bring both sets of paperwork. TRA or NAR.
As to motor sizes, I'll be bringing 1 each H, I, J and K motor. Actually I'll have 2 I's in the truck, just in case we get lucky with the late afternoon thundershowers.

Alan

This may have been answered on the FB page, but will someone be there be able to proctor a NAR L2?
And what day(s) would they be there? Just because I need to coordinate with Tom because he has the motor I will be using
If Alan and Tom can't do it, I will be there.

I'm pretty sure that I will be able to make it weather permitting, as I've got a lot of rockets that I've never shut off before, all of them low power and mid power.
I need to see Ken to get supplies to be able to start working on more rockets.
I need to talk to Tom and Alan.
Hopefully see Chuck-my hero.

I'll be there. Have a J350 with case and a CTI J94 also with case already in van. I also have some 54/852 if needed (J275, J460).
I have the Ultimate Max with 3 H90s, Ultimate 24 with 5 G20s, Ultimate 18 with 7 F23s, TV400-0 with an I120, Tuber 3 with an I60, and The High Tech with a H60. All with the slow propellant I use in the 18 and 24 mm motors. The H and I's are 38 mm Bates.
Need 1/4, 1/2" rods and 1010 rail.

Last edited:
I'll be there. Have a J350 with case and a CTI J94 also with case already in van.
I have the Ultimate Max with 3 H90s, Ultimate 24 with 5 G20s, Ultimate 18 with 7 F23s, TV400-0 with an I120, Tuber 3 with an I60, and The High Tech with a H60. All with the slow propellant I use in the 18 and 24 mm motors. The H and I's are 38 mm Bates.
Need 1/4, 1/2" rods and 1010 rail.
Make sure you like run me down in my power chair so we can talk for a while

Lost:

29mm FG 5.5:1 VK NC, painted Black with silver tip

lost it today when i had a CATO. Let me know if you find it.
I will not be there on Sunday, so just PM or reply to this If you find it.
Thanks

Even coming away with 3 damaged rockets, that was one the best days I've had in rocketry. After my wife convinced me to just shrug the disappointments off, I'm doing much better now.

I posted video from the launch. This is all I had. The information I have is in the video description. Feel free to let me know any thing else so I can update it.
Overall
L2 flights

Back