ROL dead?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amraam

Reaction score
I keep getting redirected to a network solutions web page saying ROL is under construction. Now its saying the Domain name registration is expired. I have auctions ending on there today.

Nope, ROL seems to be down for a little while...at least I can't reach them.

Here is the little one liner on the page re-direct that I see:

"This domain name expired on 11/28/2005 and is pending renewal or deletion."

Originally posted by Amraam
Clear your Cache and history and try again. Its Down on both my home computers. 2 here at work(2 diff networks) and my friend cant get there either.

I just cleared my Cache and I can't get in either!

Someone have Brents McNeely's E-mail? Wonder if he is aware of this.

Well the site is an inconcvienence, but people with auctions! Good thing mine still has over a week before it ends....

man, that has *got* to be frustrating! I've come to within a hairs breath of that happening to my personal site. pain in the tucus :)

It's back; record was updated today.

There are so many places along the way there can be a hiccup, it's hard telling what happened without talking to Brent.

-Kevin

Still not there for me, guess DNS must catch up. It's good its back somewhere :)

No good here either.
Tried pinging them and it's a no go as well.

Greg

I havent checked but it is up for some people, someone from the ROC club actually paid for it themselves... just to get it back up

Originally posted by 11Bravo
No good here either.
Tried pinging them and it's a no go as well.

DNS takes time to propagate; it can take as long as 72 hours, but that's pretty rare. Up to 24 is more typical.

-Kevin

Using the IP or .com address I get to the same screen - not ROL for sure.

Wierd it worked earlier today.

Edward

I sure hope it is resolved soon...I have several OOP kits to put up for sale and hate to use ebay.

Carl

Still down for me.
Now I get a page with a little dude and a shovel.
The caption "This Site Is Under Construction and Coming Soon." is right above him.

Greg

Came back for me overnight....the DNS entry is weaving its way thru the severs.

With or without the "www".
Whew.
Was starting to get withdrawl from not being able to view auctions.
Never bought anything off them, but not having the opportunity was almost tragic. :p

Greg

NOW it doesn't work.
It does as just "rocketryonline" , but not with the "www".
When I posted before I was able to get into auction and the other links.
Now I just get the home page and the links take me to the "Page under construction" again either with or w/o the "www".
This is bad.
As I type this I go back to their tab and try different things and now NOTHING works.
Glad I'm not the one having to manage that site for a company.

Greg

Back