Quest 40% off sale

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

blackjack2564

Crazy Jim's Gone Banana's
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Got my notice today. Presidents day 40% off sale at Quest. From 13th thru the 15th. Items will be listed then on site, No coupons needed!

JoeLaunchman

Launching since 1975
Reaction score
It looks like the sale prices went into effect a day early, 2/12. The Quest site lists the sale prices already.

shreadvector

Reaction score
It looks like the sale prices went into effect a day early, 2/12. The Quest site lists the sale prices already.
I don't think so. Where do you see 40% off prices? Are you simply seeing the normal "Factory Direct" discount price that displays all year long?

And they have not posted the new products (like the D8 motors or the D5 motors with delay and ejection).

Initiator001

Reaction score
Those are their normal webstore prices.

The sale will be 'official' when the High-Q kit and D5-4/-6 motors show on the website as being available to order.

I'm counting the hours... ;) :D

DM1975

Upscalien
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I can't wait, I have stuff I need to buy from them.

rokitflite

Reaction score
Those are their normal webstore prices.

The sale will be 'official' when the High-Q kit and D5-4/-6 motors show on the website as being available to order.

I'm counting the hours... ;) :D
Bob! That was a much nicer way to say it! No sarchasm, no tone of a lecture... Very good!:D

foose4string

Reaction score
Bob! That was a much nicer way to say it! No sarchasm, no tone of a lecture... Very good!:D
Bob is a nice guy. Sarcasm and tone of lecture around here? I have no clue what you are talking about.:D

shrox

Reaction score
Real soon...

PresDaySalePage.jpg

Last edited:

shrox

Reaction score
Is that a new version of the launch controller in Abe's hand? Perhaps blue with 30 feet of wire?
That's Abe's personal launch controller. When a giant statue asks for a blue case and yellow wires, he gets it...notice his pleasant smile?

Commonwealth.Net

Reaction score
Is this the reason I no longer carry the Quest brand?
I think so.

Will more companies go this way ?

llickteig1

KLOUDBusters Chief Logistician
Reaction score
Please clarify.
It has to do with the eternal debate regarding manufacturers undercutting the MSRP prices via direct sales and leaving the vendors/resellers out in the cold.

Been debated in rocketry circles for a long time.

--Lance.

rokitflite

Reaction score
Yeah... I sell Quest models in my store and these sales have no noticeable effects on our sales. I think I have maybe a dozen TRF / YORF members who shop in my stores compared to the hundreds and hundreds of rocketry customers we have.

shrox

Reaction score
It has to do with the eternal debate regarding manufacturers undercutting the MSRP prices via direct sales and leaving the vendors/resellers out in the cold.

Been debated in rocketry circles for a long time.

--Lance.
Oh, I thought someone was offended by the picture of Lincoln.

tbzep

Reaction score
Yeah... I sell Quest models in my store and these sales have no noticeable effects on our sales. I think I have maybe a dozen TRF / YORF members who shop in my stores compared to the hundreds and hundreds of rocketry customers we have.
Your store is brick-n-mortar, IIRC. While Commonwelth has a store front, I believe the bulk of their sales comes from mail order. I think it would affect them much more than your business.

On the flip side, the big two,Estes and Centuri, were mainly mail order companies for years so Quest is just following tradition.

IOT, I don't have a dog in this hunt. :p

Brent

Reaction score
Commonwelth is an actual brick and motor store. I have been there while in Detroit on business.

kullas

Reaction score
Im kinda disappointed i was looking to buy some motors at 40% off even with shipping i should save some money right? no. im buying estes motors local for less than ther sale is for and ontop of that having to pay shipping. Bla

DM1975

Upscalien
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Hmmm... I thought it would be a little more too.

Can't complain really, it is just a sale after all. I thought about maybe getting some of those long burn D motors, but it says they are 20mm? It is probably just my inexperience, but what motor mount is 20mm?

shrox

Reaction score
Hmmm... I thought it would be a little more too.

Can't complain really, it is just a sale after all. I thought about maybe getting some of those long burn D motors, but it says they are 20mm? It is probably just my inexperience, but what motor mount is 20mm?
You can purchase or even make your own adapter to fit a 24mm motor mount.

DM1975

Upscalien
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
So anyone done the eng. files for these in rocksim yet? Long burn, loud, and lots of smoke sound like just what I need for my Saturn V.

I wish you guyus would have put your igniters on sale for 40% off too. :rolleyes:

Brent

Reaction score
I ended up getting a bunch of the long Q2 igniters to try. I am thinking about trying them in place of m-techs for dual deploy. I have heard they work but not tried them yet. They come out to roughly the same price on sale with the shipping.

tbzep

Reaction score
Im kinda disappointed i was looking to buy some motors at 40% off even with shipping i should save some money right? no. im buying estes motors local for less than ther sale is for and ontop of that having to pay shipping. Bla
This is all that is on sale, outside of their clearance stuff ,7 items. Everything else is regular price as far as I can tell.

powderburner

Reaction score

foose4string

Reaction score
Actually, if you read the fine print in their online ad
https://www.questaerospace.com/index.asp?FSCat=162&url=IND&iFromFeatured=1
Quest doesn't promise that the motors are "loud," they claim that they are "load"

D5-6 Model Rocket Engine (1 pk)
A long 4.5 second burn "D" Engine. Spectacular flights on a thick plume of smoke with a load "roar".
Casing Dimensions: 20mm diameter x 96mm

Whatever that is
Whatever the adjective, I'm glad to see Quest following through with getting these motors out! They are a nice alternative load to have in your range box. ;)

DM1975

Upscalien
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Actually, if you read the fine print in their online ad
https://www.questaerospace.com/index.asp?FSCat=162&url=IND&iFromFeatured=1
Quest doesn't promise that the motors are "loud," they claim that they are "load"

D5-6 Model Rocket Engine (1 pk)
A long 4.5 second burn "D" Engine. Spectacular flights on a thick plume of smoke with a load "roar".
Casing Dimensions: 20mm diameter x 96mm

Whatever that is
I am guessing a typo, but it could be a conspiracy... :y:

billspad

Reaction score
So anyone done the eng. files for these in rocksim yet? Long burn, loud, and lots of smoke sound like just what I need for my Saturn V.

I wish you guyus would have put your igniters on sale for 40% off too. :rolleyes:
The third page of NAR Engine Data Sheet has all the points for the .eng files. Just copy and paste them.

Latest posts