QCRS May launch 25/26

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
REPLY.........

1. What goes on the Chicago Rocket Mafia, stays in the knowledge of ONLY the Chicago Rocket Mafia......

2. Whack Manny in the knees....you can haul ALOT of stuff in a Jeep Grand Cherokee.

3. What?
3a. 18th Century technology in the modern millenium?
3b. A GREAT desire too suddenly stop shaving, wear sunglasses indoors and, strap cheap leather across your loins?
3b1. You really don't want too look like a *Village Peoples* do you?:no:
3c. You'd need lowering blocks to bring that seat down a notch or two.
3d. Harley Davidson? The reason the couch was invented.......
3d1. IF i "wanted" too go that slow.....i'd rather sit at home on the couch and, pretend i was riding my Harley....
3e. A sudden attraction to older women with sagging h:p:pt's, tattoos and, *rumble bottoms....*

Whack Manny on the knee......

I just wanted to ride the Harley...:eek:

My dad and I are new to all of this and are interested in coming to the QCRS launch on father's day. I was poking around on the website and saw directions, but not an actual address. Does anyone have that address? Also, does anyone know of any good camping spots around there?

My dad and I are new to all of this and are interested in coming to the QCRS launch on father's day. I was poking around on the website and saw directions, but not an actual address. Does anyone have that address? Also, does anyone know of any good camping spots around there?

There really isn't an "address" its in the middle of a cornfield. If you have the directions on the web, you should be able to find us. As far as camping. There are a few hotels in the area (5-10 min away. Otherwise, you can camp out on the roadside at the launch)

Look forward to seeing you there. I highly recommend making the trip.

Just making sure I read this right... We can pitch a tent at the launch site?

Oh, yeah, I forgot. I do still have one rocket to fly. My Endeavour on a K300. Prepped it for last month's launch, and never happened. I"ll see if I can wedge it into the rental car.

Adrian

Just making sure I read this right... We can pitch a tent at the launch site?

Ohhhhh......yah, do it all the time!:D As usual i have too work sometimes very late into Saturday afternoon....so, by the time i get home...clean up and, pack....then drive 3 1/2 hours to get there.
It's usually pretty late and, the front seat of "Rusty the Rocket Retriever" becomes a great cheap motel......
Plus its very peaceful......late at night out on the desolate Illinois prairie and, i'm always ready to get up early to prep and, prepare for another awesome day with all my good rocket friends.

So if you hear the rumble of an old diesel pickup coming down the road....rockets and, parts sticking out the windows and, filling the night air with a heavy sooty smell.......

Don't wake me up until about 7am local.....any sooner and, i get mean.

Sounds like a great time! I am looking forward to going! Is there usually a big turnout? I'm driving all the way from Indianapolis, IN, so I have high hopes!

Sounds like a great time! I am looking forward to going! Is there usually a big turnout? I'm driving all the way from Indianapolis, IN, so I have high hopes!

Hey Jacob, thanks for coming out to our launch yesterday! Great to meet you and, your dad!:) This will be the last turnout before the corn gets TOO high at Princeton and, up until almost right before Midwest Power 11.

Sooooo.......I would say your going too see some SERIOUS artillery being thrown into the air!:wave:

Rumor has it "some guy" :rolleyes:from Indiana Rocketry is bringing his Two-Stager on an "M" Sparky to a mild "L" Blue......and, also an "N" Sparky in another Critter.......:rolleyes: Not sure what his name is right now.....:rolleyes: Know i've probably seen him before.....:rolleyes:

I can only be there on Sunday......

I will also be making a Sunday only visit. I have plans for a 2 stage flight as well as an "N" flight of my own. Weather will dictate how much flying goes on. Rain or shine QCRS has a good time and we will try and make it worth your trip.

Rumor has it "some guy" ...from Indiana Rocketry is bringing his Two-Stager on an "M" Sparky to a mild "L" Blue......and, also an "N" Sparky in another Critter...

Hey, we had a great time meeting you guys, and sponging some of your knowledge! Looking forward to seeing "some guys" rockets on Sunday... We'll be sure to come and find you to see them take off!

Hey, we had a great time meeting you guys, and sponging some of your knowledge! Looking forward to seeing "some guys" rockets on Sunday... We'll be sure to come and find you to see them take off!

J-Man, there's ALOT about this hobby that more than a few of us can really help out in any way that we can.
You've probably seen on here that i give Manny more than my fair share of teasing......sometimes to you Ben also....but, i promise you that i will never give you advice or help too watch you fail....

And, i know people in life who will.....

At your ages (all three of you) the money is tighter, the mistakes cost more mentally and, physically......and, i would rather see bright young men (like yourself) and, women take up a sport like this to further their minds in a positive way.....hopefully for a lifetime.

I regret that i didn't bring any of my small H and, I motors yesterday as i had only been speaking to Jon S. off to the side via email and, didn't know we had TWO people wanting to get their L-1's
(Plus i missed the postings you had here on the fourm.)

Between two launches i plan on Sunday, hopefully we get a chance to interact again, and, don't feel intimidated by what you see or afraid too ask questions.

This hobby has produced some of the brightest, best people i have ever meet and, i cherish the friendships i have with all of them.....

Manny? I'm sorry i asked Ben to "Bust" your kneecaps. I have my *funny* side here (which some people think isn't so funny) and, the real side of me that will do anything for someone who needs a hand.....anytime.

You'll be around alot of great people this weekend.........You've already made a wise choice in your choice of Altimeters for when you start flying electronics soon.:D

I will also be making a Sunday only visit. I have plans for a 2 stage flight as well as an "N" flight of my own. Weather will dictate how much flying goes on. Rain or shine QCRS has a good time and we will try and make it worth your trip.

Sounds great! I *should* be there both says! I have a staged flight in the works, but no N's... I can barley afford a K, let alone an N:sigh:.

I have a staged flight in the works, but no N's... I can barley afford a K, let alone an N:sigh:.

Ah yes, i remember those days very well Herr essen, schlafen und, fliegen!

Soon before you know it will come more school, maybe college, a job.....bills...taxes...more bills and, taxes....children......a better job....more money....bigger rockets.....BIG motors.....

Dude, it all comes round full circle....

Enjoy your youth.

Psssst..I'll let you hold the AMW 98mm 17,500ns. case loaded up with the "Sparky" sooooo.....Reeser can get a picture of you and, some *Big Audio Dynamite*!:D

I can barley afford a K, let alone an N:sigh:.

But there is an "O" with your name on it slated for MWP.

P.S. QCRS puts on a great launch. People come all the way from the west coast to participate in the festivities...

ducks.jpg

So much for *should*... I *will* only be there Sunday. :(

Same, I have to work until 4 on Saturday, so I will drive down on Saturday afternoon, park the trailer and go to Tim's for any festivities around 6.

Since my Missile Works RRC3s won't be here, I probably won't fly anything. I have an M3700 ready to go minus altimeters. I am bringing my big Unistrut/1515 launch trailer for Gus to use this weekend.

Same, I have to work until 4 on Saturday, so I will drive down on Saturday afternoon, park the trailer and go to Tim's for any festivities around 6.

Since my Missile Works RRC3s won't be here, I probably won't fly anything. I have an M3700 ready to go minus altimeters. I am bringing my big Unistrut/1515 launch trailer for Gus to use this weekend.

HUH? Got a rocket ready to go and, no "altimeterage":confused:

Bring the rocket and, everything you need because after *Uncle Gus* fly's Constipated Duck early on Sunday morning.....the Manny and, the Gusser canibbalize the Altimeter bay of previously said *Duck* and, you fly Parallax.

Duuuuude.....i've taped altimeters/strung them down with zip-ties on N-flights before and, always got them back........:D Those Stratologgers are dirt tough.

Oh....and, thank-you for bringing the special trailer....i'm sure many of us will really appreciate it being there!:eek:

Chicago Rocket Mafia for life........:bangbang:

HUH? Got a rocket ready to go and, no "altimeterage":confused:

Bring the rocket and, everything you need because after *Uncle Gus* fly's Constipated Duck early on Sunday morning.....the Manny and, the Gusser canibbalize the Altimeter bay of previously said *Duck* and, you fly Parallax.

Duuuuude.....i've taped altimeters/strung them down with zip-ties on N-flights before and, always got them back........:D Those Stratologgers are dirt tough.

Oh....and, thank-you for bringing the special trailer....i'm sure many of us will really appreciate it being there!:eek:

Chicago Rocket Mafia for life........:bangbang:

Alright :bangbang:

We'll see what we can do, I'll bring it and see what happens.

The paint job isn't too good, so I'm going to call it "ugly duckling"

Alright :bangbang:

We'll see what we can do, I'll bring it and see what happens.

The paint job isn't too good, so I'm going to call it "ugly duckling"

1. Attitude, young man....
2. Attitude again, you DON'T want me to rip your name off the shirt:confused:.....More like.....:wave:YES! Chicago Rocket Mafia.....*When we fly, we terrorize the sky.....no matter what stands in our way"......:no:
3. You "Painted" my carbon fiber....masterpiece?

RRRRIIIIIIIIIIIIPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!

Now, you know i renamed "War Eagle" JUST for this launch.......:D

Tah Dah!! Here it is.......*drum roll* "CONSTIPATED DUCK!":surprised:View attachment 133368

Somewhere in a Lafayette Indiana area Starbucks......Reeser just cra**ed himself laughing.......

I like the Duck theme.

Maybe we should all give our rockets duck-themed names for this weekend (not duct-taped names, Gus. Duck-themed names :rolleyes:)

I could call mine "Duck... for cover"

Or instead of "flying flaming trashcan of death" we could say "flaming burrito-filled duck of the apocalypse" :lol:

and then, of course make fun of Tim as he reads the flight cards. :rofl:

Sitting at my desk and laughing.... people beginning to wonder what I'm up to... meh.

I am soooo looking forward to this weekend.

1. Attitude, young man....
2. Attitude again, you DON'T want me to rip your name off the shirt:confused:.....More like.....:wave:YES! Chicago Rocket Mafia.....*When we fly, we terrorize the sky.....no matter what stands in our way"......:no:
3. You "Painted" my carbon fiber....masterpiece?

RRRRIIIIIIIIIIIIPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!

Now, you know i renamed "War Eagle" JUST for this launch.......:D

Tah Dah!! Here it is.......*drum roll* "CONSTIPATED DUCK!":surprised:View attachment 133368

Somewhere in a Lafayette Indiana area Starbucks......Reeser just cra**ed himself laughing.......

1 & 2 That wasn't an alright like....
0A2.jpg

it was more of an....
[YOUTUBE]8Igui65gY5M[/YOUTUBE]

3 It was already painted super matte black :dark: I just changed it to orange and purple...

By the way, I did some reworking of the trailer today to allow me to transport it without strapping it down....

Latest posts

Back