QCRS May launch 25/26

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok......

Here we go again......:facepalm:

We've got two glorious days too inflict some serious "Whumpage" on the soil and, atmosphere of Princeton Illinois......*PLUS* a FREE Steak Dinner (all the trimmings and, cold beverages too.....) and, you guys aren't talking smack?:surprised:

NO personal drag races?:confused:
NO new pipe to test?:confused:
NO rebuilds to sacrifice to the Gods of gravity?:confused:

NO talk about what we can do too Manny with a jar of peanut butter and, steak sauce in front of Tim's precious little "four legged security system"?:confused:

This we know.........

1. There are over {70} Steaks reserved for Saturday Night.
2. Griff and, Steve are going to test their 3" two stagers..:cool:
3. Justin's bringing two rockets...:cyclops:
4. Manny's going to fly *something* made of "Carbon Flubber" on a K and, then test out the fire extinguishers with something home-mixed....
4a. "In case of fire, grab fire extinguisher firmly in BOTH hands, pull pin and, count to three......then throw in the general direction of fire....."
4b. Call the Fire Department.:hot:

5. Angel's going too get her L2!:wave:
6. *Some guy* from Indiana is going to bring his Two Stager on an M-L ALL AMW combination.....;)
7. Some folks are bringing their children out to fly and, have a great time!:eek:
8. "The Cashmaster" will be attempting his L3 (AND, getting it this time!) Go Team Indiana Rocketry!:D

And, what else?

What? Can't hear you all?

I don't want too hear later on that you just came for the Steaks and, spent most of your time hiding behind the barn practicing your *squat too wh*zz* technique.....:p

You all still have several hours left to talk the talk and, produce the walk......

"I want Napalm and, i want it NOW!!"

We are the Chicago Rocket Mafia......When we fly.....We touch the Sky....The ground shakes, the air rumbles and, small animals run for cover......

Last edited:
7. Some folks are bringing their children out to fly and, have a great time!:eek:
What size motors will they put in the kiddies?

I know that it is against code to put vertebrates into a rocket for launch, but is is truly against code to use vertebrates as airframes?

I am a sick, sick man.......

G.D.

I know there at least 2 level2 and one L3 attempts going this weekend.
Several new people showing up to check out the club.
Meatball will be the last in line for the steaks or he might try to take 4
If CJ shows up with the electronics I plan on flying the 2 stage.
Maybe a skid or 2 in other rockets if I have a chance.

Jenny's bringing her Warrior & new Eagle Claw Both going on, you guesses it Skids.
I'm bringing a 2 1/2" rocket on a J skid & my 2XL G-Force (M-Force) on a Green 5 grain "M".
Brandon's bringing a bunch.

Mike

We are here, brought 5 inch JART.. 5.5 polecat phoenix. 4 inch darkstar. Wife brought her warlock and 2 bottles of flavored vodka...

Brandon's bringing a bunch.

Mike

And, that scares me..........:eek:

Just wanted too get you folks talking again.......

Between some of the posts for the problems that METRA has had recently (and, their a GOOD club and, i hope the best for them.) and, The ***** Missile, Math and, Short Bus riders club trying to figure out the *Center of Discambabulation* on their rocket......

Things have been TOO quiet around here.

I L:):)K forward too seeing you all on Saturday night under the peaceful (hopefully) skies of Tim's house.....as i have to go put in one more shift tonight.....Please drive carefully and, i will see you all there.

Quack..quack.

What if a lonely, deprived rocketeer happened to be doing family activities in the Western Suburbs of Chicago this Memorial weekend and said rocketeer was able to sneak away early Saturday night. Could said rocketeer hop in his car and do the hour drive out to the Lehr estate for a most generous steak even though said rocketeer did not participate in aforementioned launch?

What say ye Tim?

What if a lonely, deprived rocketeer happened to be doing family activities in the Western Suburbs of Chicago this Memorial weekend and said rocketeer was able to sneak away early Saturday night. Could said rocketeer hop in his car and do the hour drive out to the Lehr estate for a most generous steak even though said rocketeer did not participate in aforementioned launch?

What say ye Tim?

I think we might be able to find an extra steak laying around somewhere.

It has been determined that the front axle of the mighty Barstool Go-Kart may indeed NOT be able too take the force of a 20mph+ impact even on a cobbled up plywood "inclined surface" as previously thought......:eek:

Think *Mythbusters Jato/Rato#3* Soooooooo........Plan "B" goes into effect!

Announcing....Sometime after sundown on Saturday that: BUCK NAKED BONZAI BARSTOOL BLAZING SADDLES THROUGH THE MIDDLE OF VAN ORIN ILLINOIS AT MACH 40MPH.....may happen........

Well, if you nuts trash the barstool doing stunts tonight, I may have the making for a super stool. (If I can't resurrect the beast). It's even a true John Deere. Replace the 10.5" wide turfs with slicks, chop the frame, inject the motor and Tim's road becomes a drag strip!!

IMG_5441.jpgIMG_4013.jpg

Wish we were there this weekend, but it just wasn't in the cards.

Have fun and don't do anything toooooo crazy!!!
And don't let those crazy B^st#rds from Fort Wayne talk you into anything you would do with your Mama!

Mike and the Law family.

Last edited:
How many Chicago Rocket Mafia members does it take to start a pile of brush on fire (with AP no less)???

Also note crazy contraption flying by on road to upper left :y:

20130525_201756.jpg

I hope everyone had as much fun as I did this week end.
Today was a little rough nothing a nice nap didn't take care of.
I want to thank Jason and Steve and everyone else for all of there help at the party and at the launch.
I had a great time and It reminded me of why I Got into this business.
I hope you feel better Meatball.
Thanks Guys

I hope you feel better Meatball

:confused: Ohhhhhh........you mean the one who says "His name is Raaaaaalphhhhh........"
View attachment 130880

Maybe Dr. von Braun can explain......View attachment 130882

"Vell......Vee put zah noxious chemicals into dah tiny tum-tum and, mit zum peer pressure and, dah stress auf dah moment........Vee create a serious chemical imbalance......The bile den travels approximately 18 inches up der espo-tube und, den turns 90 zegress at dah Flugelhorn.......dus turning dah Manny zin-to a human vomit-tizer........"View attachment 130883

You guys are soooooo.....mean too him.:eek:

Dad and, i had a great time, i had a chance too meet up with so many great folks and, still make it home too watch the race.
Unfortunately the two-stager didn't fly, the weather wouldn't cooperate and, we will try it again on Sunday the 16th of June:sigh:......i guarantee.:D

Congratulations to Angel on a successful L2 and, looking forward to seeing you all again!

Ben? We have a second chance to do the Two-Stager......maybe we can hook up?

Thank-you again Tim, Jackie and, EVERYONE who made this weekend well worth the trip....rain or shine!:cool:

Last edited:
We had a gret time at the launch. Kids had a blast launching and are still talking about how loud some of those rockets were. I learned a lot, and realized that I have a ton more to learn. Thanks to QCRS for a great time.

The Seybolds

We had an amazing time. Best time I've had at a launch so far. I'd be up for a drive to Princeton every weekend to do that Lol. Might have to get a second job to afford some bigger motors. Lol.

Thank you to Tim and Jackie for hosting a badass weekend.

Lost Rocket, flew 5-26-13. Mariah 54, Red and Yellow

Orange: * colored area is the area that we walked.
Yellow: * *area was scanned with binoculars as we walked the Orange Area.
Green: * * area is my best guess of where to look.

2013-05-26_QCRS_Launch_Lost_Tommy_3-20130528-070040.jpg

Steve, this was the USC Rocket correct? If they were running GPS on it (as seen by the "last coordinate" thingy.) I would also predict that the fall back area would have been to the North/West as indicated by the green field...Upper winds seemed to be out of the South/Southwest that day.

I will be back up there for the June launch, please keep us posted as i will help out..... looking for it. (Coming in Saturday night and, camping out.)

Darn nice rocket.

Back