Music Break: Post Your Favorite 70s Songs...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This was something that my 4th grade music teacher introduced our class to... I didn't know the name of the album, and "lost" this song until New Years 1991 (or so) when a family friend played it at her New Year's party (I nearly cried with joy when I recognized it). I rushed out the next day, and bought the album.

Yup, Jim....I posted a link to the entire album up a bit in this thread (post 109). Toccata from Fresh Aire III was my introduction to Mannheim Steamroller as well, but I first heard it on a long gone FM station in the Seattle area, KRST. Then to read that the group started out as backup musicians for CW McCall was really interesting. If you listen to CW McCall stuff, you can definitely hear Chip Davis drum riffs and other sounds that are all through the Fresh Aire albums, especially the earlier ones.

I also thoroughly enjoy Chip Davis' (and later also Roxanne Layton's) use of recorders in Mannheim Steamroller music, as a person who dabbles in playing recorders but who isn't into "early music" all that much.

I think airplay on KRST was where I discovered Equinoxe part V, which was the beginning of my Jean-Michel Jarre journey, too.

I could have swore this was from the 80s... Nope... 1977

That song was the very first played on MTV in 1981.
Got lots of Synergy and Jean Michel-Jarre albums on vinyl Still have them but also most in mp3 format.

I know Cape Byron already posted this but, ya know, Debbie.

SHE'S MY QUEEN FROM THIS DAY UNTIL MY LAST DAY !

Last edited:
Back