Music Break: Post Your Favorite 70s Songs...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

neil_w

Doldrum dweller
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Still love this one after a million listenings, still have trouble trying to track the rhythm during the verses.

cvanc

Reaction score
Hey what's wrong with a Feat Fest?

Here they are live with the Tower of Power horn section. Turn it way, way up...

cvanc

Reaction score
Wait, don't turn the volume down yet, here's Jeff Beck live

(I'm cheating a bit here, the song is from 1975 but this performance is from 2007. But hey, Tal Wilkenfield and Vinnie Colaiuta!)

MALBAR 70

More Rockets Than Room
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Saw UFO in Akron with my brother in law about ten years ago. It was in an old velvet walled supper club with individual tables. Very 70's vibe.

I got to see them open for Blue Öyster Cult in 2004. At the time the band consisted of Phil Moog and Pete Way with Vinny Moor and Jason Bonham. Awesome show.

jadebox

Roger Smith
TRF Sponsor
Reaction score
The post with "Afternoon Delight" reminds me that back in the mid-1970s when it was on the radio (and I was 14 or 15 years old) I thought it was about rockets. :)

As far as my favorite 1970s songs, I can narrow it down to something by any artist whose name starts with "Harry" and ends with "Nilsson."

I managed the Harry Nilsson Web pages for some time until Sony asked for the harrynilsson.com domain. I recently rebooted the web pages at http://www.nilssonschmilsson.com/.

Tech 68

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Just now thought of this...
In the mid 70's I was in college, living on the Russian River. I was canoeing and heard this come "floating" down a canyon, out of the redwoods,

K'Tesh

OpenRocket Chuck Norris
Reaction score
Top Song this week in 1969 (Neil and Buzz may have been listening to this while they were taking their little stroll....)

kuririn

BARGeezer
TRF Lifetime Supporter
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Steely Dan: Can't Buy a Thrill
My first 8 track tape.
Favorite song - Reelin' in the Years
Better stop now, could fill pages.