Quantcast

Motor tech from the future!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

Cameron Anderson

Reaction score
I got this today, Nov 5th. My local vendor got it last Wednesday. CTI has been taking a lot of flak lately and I want to defend them, but come on guys, you can't get a date stamp right?? It just gets people questioning other things. Or am I just nitpicking?

Attachments

Eric

Reaction score
That label looks like its rolled around for a little bit. Maybe it should have been 2018. Or maybe they started using that batch of tubes a little early, and the tubes were pre-stamped? Maybe?

Cameron Anderson

Reaction score
That label looks like its rolled around for a little bit. Maybe it should have been 2018. Or maybe they started using that batch of tubes a little early, and the tubes were pre-stamped? Maybe?
I got two other reloads (April 2019 and Jan 2019) and wear was consistent across all 3. I'm sure it was just a stamp error, but it's disconcerting.

Eric

Reaction score
I wouldn't be worried about it either way. Load it and fly it. If you have an issue with it. They will cover it under warranty.

Cameron Anderson

Reaction score
I wouldn't be worried about it either way. Load it and fly it. If you have an issue with it. They will cover it under warranty.
Oh no, flying it is not a concern. It'll fly, and it will fly well. I know it's just a date stamp, but how hard is it to get right?

Steve Shannon

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Cameron,
I agree completely. NFPA requires marking motors and reloads with the date of manufacture. Even though it’s a small error, if it’s part of a pattern of issues, the company and the certification organization needs to know about it. Please fill out a MESS report.
Www.motorcato.org

SDramstad

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Any word on how Jeroen is doing?

Bat-mite

Rocketeer in MD
Reaction score
Any word on how Jeroen is doing?
I am curious to know, too, but it is really not our business unless the family wants to make it public. I hope he is well physically and emotionally.

Hard to believe the fire was 3 years, 3 months ago.

tbonerocketeer

Sponsor
TRF Sponsor
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Had this type of errors for several years now...

David Schwantz

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
You guys are all wrong, that date is "good if used by". Since they are no longer any good I will be happy to dispose of them for you. PM me for my address :)

djs

Reaction score
You guys are all wrong, that date is "good if used by".
You've got it all wrong.. those are "Canadian dates" which are different then the US. They look the same, but they're made of metric maple syrup.

heada

Reaction score
I thought they were metric dates and are like 0.6 of a US date. Nov 4th 2019 metric is like Jan 4th 2019 or something in US dates, right?

Bat-mite

Rocketeer in MD
Reaction score
I thought they were metric dates and are like 0.6 of a US date. Nov 4th 2019 metric is like Jan 4th 2019 or something in US dates, right?
Depends on the current exchange rate.