Hello from eastern WA

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bob Yanecek

Reaction score
I flew my first rocket in 5'th grade.
I turn 65 today.
My inital high power experience was in the late 1980's at Lucerne.
I first 'certified' high power in 1990 on a research (EX back then) K445 and made my first trip to Black Rock in 1991.
I suffered through the CA shutdown for high power motors, moving to Spokane WA in 1993.
I remained dormant until finding a local high power launch site just 10 miles from my house.
I certified L1 in 2001 and L2 in 2002.
In 2006 I sucessfully certified L3 and in 2008 I was accepted as a member TRA's Technical Advisory Panel.
My primary focus is on minimum diameter tower launched vehicles but my altitudes pale compared to what many others have accomplished.
Around 2005 I entered the dark side and began casting my own propellant and designing motors.
My biggest motor to date is a 6G98 72% N-2234 which got me up over 30K'.
Current effort is to back off on solid loading (packing propellant) and go with a pourable formulation.
Sincerely,
Bob Yanecek

I turn 65 today.
I first 'certified' high power in 1990 on a research (EX back then) K445 and made my first trip to Black Rock in 1991.
I suffered through the CA shutdown for high power motors, moving to Spokane WA in 1993.
I remained dormant until finding a local high power launch site just 10 miles from my house.
In 2006 I sucessfully certified L3 and in 2008 I was accepted as a member TRA's Technical Advisory Panel.
My primary focus is on minimum diameter tower launched vehicles but my altitudes pale compared to what many others have accomplished.
Around 2005 I entered the dark side and began casting my own propellant and designing motors.
Current effort is to back off on solid loading (packing propellant) and go with a pourable formulation.
Sincerely,
Bob Yanecek
Hi Bob!! And Happy Birthday! And thanks again for all your help in the past year. I hope to be seeing you in 2024.
John

I turn 65 today.
Sincerely,
Bob Yanecek
Welcome Bob!

Which HP club is closest to Spokane? Asking as I have a brother in Pullman, just south of Spokane.

Best,

Oh no... Someone left the gate open on the kennel!:headspinning::music1:
See you on the playa in September if not sooner.

John

I turn 65 today.
Sincerely,
Bob Yanecek
Hi Bob,

A belated Happy Birthday.

Jim Pommert

Back