Hello from Ireland

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oakRocket

Reaction score
Hello, I am a University student from Ireland with dreams of working in the aerospace industry in the future. I've had an account here for a while now and have been reading threads for even longer. This forum has been an extremely useful resource for me for understanding both the theory and the practical side of model making.

So far I have only launched LPR. These have been the Klima Phobos and Deimos rockets on A,B and C motors. During the summer I also had a go making my own flight computer. I'm currently stuck on debugging and haven't had time to finish it since the semester started.
I am also one of the founding members of our University's high-powered rocketry team where we've built a lot of LPR stuff and are now working on our first HPR. We have also recently been admitted to our first competition. I am a Tripoli member and I'm currently putting the finishing touches to my L1 Cert design and I hope to launch that in the next few months.

In the future I think I want to try my hand at making my own hybrid motor, but that won't be for a long time.

I can post pictures of the Klima rockets and flight computer if people are interested.

Hello, I am a University student from Ireland with dreams of working in the aerospace industry in the future. I've had an account here for a while now and have been reading threads for even longer. This forum has been an extremely useful resource for me for understanding both the theory and the practical side of model making.

So far I have only launched LPR. These have been the Klima Phobos and Deimos rockets on A,B and C motors. During the summer I also had a go making my own flight computer. I'm currently stuck on debugging and haven't had time to finish it since the semester started.
I am also one of the founding members of our University's high-powered rocketry team where we've built a lot of LPR stuff and are now working on our first HPR. We have also recently been admitted to our first competition. I am a Tripoli member and I'm currently putting the finishing touches to my L1 Cert design and I hope to launch that in the next few months.

In the future I think I want to try my hand at making my own hybrid motor, but that won't be for a long time.

I can post pictures of the Klima rockets and flight computer if people are interested.
We LOVE the eye candy.

Klima is a very minor player on this side of the pond, I’m curious.

Hi guys, sorry for the delayed response. Thank you for the warm welcome.
I thought I'd share some pictures and videos of the launches as requested.

Attachments

• 20230913_115026.jpg
    8.7 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230814_184222_1.mp4
    27.2 MB
Welcome to the forum!
Looks like some folk in the IRS are already into hybrids.
http://www.irishrocketry.com/gallery.phpWhen you receive your L1, get yourself a mentor and fly some commercial hybrids to get some experience before designing and building your own.
Be safe and enjoy the journey!
Thanks for the advice. I've been in contact with people from the IRS which is sadly not as active since they lost their launch site.
I plan on purely ground testing any hybrid, I don't have any plans to fly one anytime soon.

Thanks for the advice. I've been in contact with people from the IRS which is sadly not as active since they lost their launch site.
I plan on purely ground testing any hybrid, I don't have any plans to fly one anytime soon.
You might already have found it, but there is a Hybrid sub-forum here that has many very interesting and inspiring discussions.
https://www.rocketryforum.com/threads/hybrids-2024.183971/
Additionally, there are some good hybrid references here http://www.aspirespace.org.uk/technical_papers.html

Last edited:
Back