Hello from East Texas!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

conneryc

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Hello,

Just recently decided to get back into HPR after a long break. Back in 2000 I bought my first rocket kit bigger than an Estes/Quest model rocket...the Aerotech Strongarm. I modified the kit to deploy using the "zipper-less" design and a baffle in the coupler. I used that to get my NAR Level 1. I built several other kits and ended up getting my Level 2 cert with a 6" RDS Northstar kit. That was done with a J-350, so it was low and slow with single stage deployment. After that I flew it on a K-550 with my first dual-deployment flight. That was the summer of 2001. Then 9/11 happened. Purchasing HPR motors became very difficult as some of you may remember. So I decided to just sell everything a move on. Now I wish I had them all back, especially the upscaled high power Estes Mars Lander.

Now that it seems to be much easier to get motors, I decided I wanted to finish what I started and get my Level 3 cert. So I've started back with a LOC 4" IRIS kit to fly more 54mm motors with dual-deploy before I decide on what I want to build for the Lvl 3 cert attempt. I was thinking maybe a 1:1 scale Little John (12") or a 7.5" IRIS.

Attachments

• strongarm_antizip.jpg
    strongarm_antizip.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 0
  • me.jpg
    me.jpg
    4.9 KB · Views: 0
  • MarsLander1.JPG
    MarsLander1.JPG
    136.4 KB · Views: 0
Back