Micro Cam II Mini Video Camera

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UncMikesRktShk

Reaction score
I was attending a very large radio control show in Toledo, OH over the course of last weekend. And made arrangements with one of the distributers to start carrying the Micro Cam II Video Camera system. We will be having these units up for sale shortly on our web site, But just wanted to let everyone get a heads up on this product. We will also be carrying some antenna products down the line.

Each Video unit contains

1 x Micro Cam II Miniature Color Camera/ 2.4GHz Transmitter
1 x Micro Cam II 2.4GHz Receiver
1 x 9v Battery Snap For Transmitter/Camera
1 x Main Power Adapter (8v For Use With Micro Cam II)
1 x Main Power Adapter (12v For Use With Receiver)
RCA Cable
Metal Camera Stand
Instruction Sheet

Retail price is 99.00, Our Retail Price 89.00

The Product itself and the data sheets/specs can be seen by clicking on the link below.

UMRS Electronics

Sounds neat. Is there any way of improving the range for higher altitude flights (2000-3000ft)?
Thanks,
Reed

See Booster Vision website for a High gain antenna that will give you up to 5600' range with this camera set. I have the rocket booster version of this camera with the high gain antenna and I love it.

And to think I was holding out for an Oracle.....NOT! Can't wait to order one Mike! Thanks!

Originally posted by Reed Goodwin
Sounds neat. Is there any way of improving the range for higher altitude flights (2000-3000ft)?
Thanks,
Reed

We will be carrying anntenas soon, but any one that you can purchase that has a male SMA connector will work.

Originally posted by flying_silverad
And to think I was holding out for an Oracle.....NOT! Can't wait to order one Mike! Thanks!

The Oracle was the reason behind me carrying these, I heard the Oracle was terrible as far as video was concerned

Originally posted by rabidsheeep
:D :D :D

this looks awesome!!!

how is the quality of the camera?

Quality of the camera is great, Im working on posting some video to my website soon. But the video I have now is excellent.

Originally posted by UncMikesRktShk
Quality of the camera is great, Im working on posting some video to my website soon. But the video I have now is excellent.

For altitudes in the range that would require the use of a high-gain antenna, do you happen to know if the quality of the video is affected (for better or for worse)?

I've seen demo video posted on some websites wherein there is definitely degraded quality on the videos captured via the high-gain antenna versus those captured without it.

Of course, I don't have any idea what camera / antenna were used or the conditions under which the flights were made (if I can remember where I saw the video, I'll post that) but I'm curious if you have any knowledge of this type of issue with the MC II.

I would like to thank those of you who have purchased a Mini Cam from us. We still have a few more in stock so its not too late to grab one.

Thank you for your past patronage

I have the camera from Booster Vision. I tested it in a small
rocket with clear payload section. Video received was not too
bad but rocket rotated much to fast and has to be played in
slow motion. The file is much too big to attach here.

Not mentioned: You will need an AC outlet or plug in for the
receiver.

You will also need a Camcorder that can plug into the RCA analog
jacks of the receiver.

I had to buy a car (marine battery), AC to DC inverter and a
cheap VCR for the first flight. I used a small B&W battery
powered TV I already had. That was way to "clunky". I have
now purchased a Camcorder that will input the analog signal so I
don't need the VCR-TV combo. But the receiver still needs the AC
plug from the battery unless you got an adapter to plug into your
car or are close to power.

Still the price is pretty good for the camera, receiver and all.
William

Originally posted by Rob Fisher
It would be neat to put one of those cameras in a RC airplane.

Rob

That where I sell most of them, The Rocket Video Market is tiny compared to R/C Planes/Cars. The original 3 cases of Video cameras I purchased from the vendor were at an R/C Airplane show. They are still neat however :)

Back